Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Your First Post on FlyerTalk [merged threads]

Your First Post on FlyerTalk [merged threads]

Old Feb 19, 2002, 11:35 pm

My first post occurred during the last Century on Monday evening the Eighth of March, Nineteen Hundred and Ninety-Nine. I had just registered earlier that evening and due to time zone differences, it indicated "posted 03-09-1999 12:18 AM." I chose the America West forum to attempt my FlyerTalk debut. I have no regrets.

UPGRADE CERTIFICATES STILL VALUABLE! DO NOT TOSS!
http://www.flyertalk.com/pasttalk/ft...ML/000028.html

------------------
He that travels fastest goes alone!
Old Feb 20, 2002, 8:01 am

Programs: AA Gold, UA Premier Exec, Starwood Gold, Marriott Silver
My first post was 01/26/99 in the UA thread regarding miles from survey(s) although I had been lurking a good 4-6 months prior. Fortunately for me, I said it was my 1st post or I never would've remembered!

Have You Received Survey or College Miles?

------------------
Regards,
- Anna
Old Feb 20, 2002, 9:28 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
I have no idea... it would be great if the FT tech guys could figure out a way to create a link to your first post...
Old Feb 21, 2002, 1:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Nowt
Side-question:

Do you think doc remembers his first post, and do you think we will get a link to it!

No offense meant by the way!

Matt
Old Feb 21, 2002, 4:13 am
Company Representative - Air Canada

Found mine from 6600 posts ago... truly a newbie question asking how long it'll take for points to post and started to panic 4 days after the flight.

http://www.flyertalk.com/pasttalk/ft...ML/000069.html
Old Feb 21, 2002, 8:13 am

Programs: DL MM & FO, HH Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MRLIMO:

UPGRADE CERTIFICATES STILL VALUABLE! DO NOT TOSS!

</font>
Figures that your first post would be trying to help another flyer!

Mine was May 2000, asking for advice on lifetime club membership. No one replied, as I recall... *snif*
Old Feb 26, 2002, 1:35 pm

Programs: MSP raised, Elite since age 17
I can't find my first post in the archives--- but I believe it was related to earning LatinPass credit on the TACA Peru LIM-Cuzco flight.... I was about to book a discounted ticket, not realizing that only full Y would earn credit. I would have been in deep doo doo if I got back to the states, then realized I'd have to head back to Peru to re-do the 45 min. flight. I first came across FlyerTalk as I searched fares at the school computer lab during finals week.... and when I read posts about the Y TACA Peru fares, I was still able to change my ticket.

One memorable moment: when Randy's LatinPass itinerary was posted for review, I caught a mistake (some flight was booked as TACA not Aviateca) and I e-mailed the FT folks... I like to think that my observation helped our own Randy get his Million.
Old Feb 27, 2004, 2:04 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Nostalgia Time — Your First Post on FlyerTalk

I thought this was an original idea, until I checked the FlyerTalk Archives and found this thread, which amazingly never made it past the first page.

The FlyerTalk community has grown considerably since the original thread was posted, so I thought I would give a second attempt at this idea.

Because I currently cannot ressurrect the original thread, I thought I would start a new one here.

--------------------

I have been monitoring FlyerTalk for years without posting, but I finally felt compelled to post my first milepost ever on FlyerTalk on December 16, 2002 at 9:07 in the morning Mountain Standard Time when I was angered by the changes that Delta Air Lines had in store for the SkyMiles program at the time and I had to speak out.

That milepost can be found in the You are the CEO of _____ Airlines. thread, which is also the first thread I have ever started on FlyerTalk.

It took me a long time to post on FlyerTalk simply because I did not believe in participating in Internet bulletin boards and Internet chats.

I continued to post on FlyerTalk well after my anger subsided because I had already gained from this community previous to my first milepost and felt I needed to give back to it by helping other FlyerTalk members, and (for those of you who are now familiar with my warped sense of humor) I started to also have fun in the process!

FlyerTalk remains the only Internet bulletin board in which I actively participate.

--------------------

When did you post your first milepost on FlyerTalk, and what was your reason for doing so?

Last edited by Canarsie; Feb 16, 2005 at 9:42 pm
Old Feb 27, 2004, 2:37 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
GEEZ... I have no idea what my first post was. How would I ever find it other than search every forum in the Archives?

I have enough trouble remembering my Last post... much less my First post...

William
Old Feb 27, 2004, 2:42 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by wharvey:
GEEZ... I have no idea what my first post was. How would I ever find it other than search every forum in the Archives?

I have enough trouble remembering my Last post... much less my First post...

William
</font>
You are absolutely correct on how difficult it was finding your first post on FlyerTalk, wharvey...
Old Feb 27, 2004, 2:49 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by wharvey:
I have enough trouble remembering my Last post...</font>
By the way, at the time I am posting this, your last post is two posts above this one...

[This message has been edited by Canarsie (edited Feb 27, 2004).]
Old Feb 27, 2004, 3:55 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
WOW... I am impressed... how did you do that?

BTW... see how excited I was taht first time? I could not hold back my excitement and double clicked my mouse...

William
Old Feb 27, 2004, 3:58 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

http://www.flyertalk.com/pasttalk/ft...ML/004158.html

I sure hope I did this link right. Found my first post from October, 2001. Thanks, Canarsie for yet another fun thread.
Old Feb 27, 2004, 4:30 pm
Founder of FlyerTalk

Thanks Canarsie - cool idea. Funny to see the timidness in some of our veteran posters in posts gone by.
Old Feb 27, 2004, 4:33 pm

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
First post:

Having just returned from Party In Paradise, it seems fitting to make my maiden posting. Since I hadn't participated in the bulletin board (I just tagged along with Cousin Craigsz to hang and Scuba dive), I went feeling a bit of a party crasher...yet I returned feeling a special guest. Not knowing any of you or your protocols, I had no particular expectations. Well, it was great fun from the moment I checked my liver in at the Red Carpet at LAX. I was so impressed about the great amount of work and creativity this took to pull off. Army invasions have less percision. Moreover, the generosity of so many of you was mind numbing. What struck me, however, was the total lack of glad-handing. The connections being made weren't business, but social, i.e., "Oh, I'll be in Brazil that week as well, let's get together for a drink."

Now, having returned and preparing for a financial audit that the State tells me will last 15 business days, I'm reflecting that the Gala was, in a sense, my Last Supper. Jesus should have eaten so well and been surrounded by so many fellow travelers. Thanks to all for everything.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.