Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1000 post club!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2008, 5:45 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by jswong
And just arrived myself (posting from the CHC koru club waiting for my flight to ZQN ^). Thanks to FT and FT'ers for enhancing my flying experience 1000 fold

Jeff
Congratulations, jswong. It was a pleasure meeting you recently in WLG. I know you have been hosting a steady stream of UA flyers, visiting NZ in the last year.
Old Mar 23, 2008, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks FT! ^
Old Mar 23, 2008, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Congrats, azepine00, and keep it up!^
Old Mar 24, 2008, 7:23 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by azepine00
Thanks FT! ^
Welcome to the club azepine and jswong!
Old Apr 21, 2008, 2:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: United 1K, HHonors Gold, MR Gold
Thumbs up In honour of my 1000th post

In honour of my 1,000th post, I would like to express my thanks to FT’ers over the years who have provide warnings, advice, assistance and condolences in connection with trips that I have made. Some examples include the following:

1) Through prompt reporting by a fellow BAEC member, I learned of a wildcat strike at Heathrow that would have jeopardized by business trip to Rome. I managed to get one of the last J seats on a direct AC flight and the trip went smoothly. As an incidental benefit, my seatmate for the flight turned out to be a very talented and interesting young woman who I ended up hiring several months later as my assistant.

2) While planning a business trip to Mumbai, I was directed by an FT’er to the Oneworld Forum, where I learned everything I needed to know to book an RTW ticket that was cheaper than my direct J flight to Mumbai, thereby saving my employer a thousand dollars or so and enabling me to make a side trip to Portugal and Bangkok for free. A few months later, I benefited from the Circle Pacific experts and saved my employer several thousand dollars on a trip to Australia.

3) Two years ago, I tacked a question onto a discussion thread that was discussing strategies for changing Air Canada tickets due to a health emergency. I needed to change my own flight reservations as well as a reward booking I had made for my aunt. We had planned to fly to my parents’ home to see my mother, who was dying of lung cancer. Unfortunately, we weren’t going to make it home in time, and needed to change tickets so that we could fly home immediately because my mother’s death was imminent. The person who had started the discussion thread sent me a private message containing the contact details for a senior Aeroplan employee, who he had advised I would call with a request for assistance. I called the Aeroplan employee the next morning, shortly after learning of my mother’s death. This incredibly professional and helpful employee took the problem off my hands, sorted out my tickets, got seats released for my aunt and got various fees waived. Thanks to the compassion and assistance of the FT’er and the Aeroplan employee, everyone made it back in time for the funeral and with minimal administrative hassle, at a time when we needed all the help we could get. I also received a number of kind messages of condolence from other FT’ers who read about my situation on the discussion thread.

4) A few months later, my father came to visit us in Paris. He was scheduled to fly home through London Gatwick a few days after the liquids ban kicked in. There were reports of continuing chaos at Heathrow, but we didn’t know what to expect at Gatwick. My dad (who used to travel the globe, including to some rather dodgy places) was ordinarily an intrepid traveller – but he had had a difficult few months and didn’t need any further stress. I posted a query about the situation at Gatwick – and got a private message from someone who was working at Gatwick on crisis management for one of the airlines. He sent me a couple of updates over the next day or so and provided me with his cell phone number, in case my dad needed help.

These are just a few examples of the kind of support and advice that makes Flyertalk such a great place to visit. I’d like to thank the people mentioned above and others who have provided help to FT’ers in need of assistance. I hope I have been able, at least a few times, pay the kindness forward and plan to do so whenever I can in the future.
Old Apr 21, 2008, 3:02 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Kate_Canuck - a great post which embodies the greatness of this wonderful Community. Speaking of Community, let me move this to our CommunityBuzz forum where members place their achievement of a significant post level and thank the Community members who help each other and the site. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Apr 21, 2008, 3:41 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Kate_Canuck...congrat's on your milestone!

We're going to merge this thread with the others who have also reached 1K posts.

Once again, congratulations and thanks for your ongoing contributions to Flyertalk!

Cholula
CommunityBuzz! Co-Moderator
Old Apr 21, 2008, 5:15 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
I actually didn't realize I broke 1,000 until I saw I had 1,008 posts... FT has been so great!
Old Apr 24, 2008, 12:58 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Starwood/Marriott, Hilton, IHG
Last Post Was 999 So...

Well, it has almost been 8 years to the day, a week shy I believe, and here is number 1,000. Since I am in PHX for the Freddie's it seems a fitting time and place to post number 1K.

Many thanks to the countless tips and posts that have made my travels easier and more enjoyable. Many thanks for the fond memories from the handful of events I have attended, including my most recent fly-in to FRA where I met someone who has become a dear friend to me in two short months.

I still think back to the day that I subscribed to the print version of Inside Flyer for bonus points (I think it was Diner's Club) and stumbled upon FT. I proudly display my FT luggage tags and enjoy all of the contributions that people make here. I'm not the seasoned traveller that many of you are, but I always try to contribute what I can when I am able.

Here's to the next 8 years or 1,000 posts, whichever occurs first!^
Old Apr 25, 2008, 7:19 am

Programs: Many
I am late I think : 1550th
Old May 14, 2008, 9:51 am

Programs: US GP (used to be *G, now,what)
Thanks to All, I Dedicate 1000 to FlyerTalk Members

Thanks to All... I've learned so much.....

How to make it to CP and then back town to Plt.....
How to eat almost free at M&S
How to use the Envoy Lounge and my *G status....
How to avoid PHL...

How to make many new friends that make our lives better.....

Special Thanks to Kudzu... who made my proposal even better in Row 1 of Envoy (better than other rows... and not US Y!).

He gave me an upgrade just because!!!!

With Wedding Anniversary #1 in five days... it seems appropriate for this to be #1000.

Best to you all!

Alphaguy

Old Jun 3, 2008, 11:35 pm

Programs: UA1K/RCC, Avis CHM, NWA Plat, SPG Plat
Here's my 1000th post

Thanks to everyone for introducing me to mileage runs and tricks of the trade

I guess I should celebrate by booking a MR!
Old Jun 4, 2008, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
You sure should! Welcome to the club! (I think I'm about to hit 2,000--wasn't all that long ago that I was posting in this thread! It's addicting!)
Old Jun 19, 2008, 6:53 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Ah, I wasn't paying close enough attention... this is my 1001th post.
Old Jul 19, 2008, 11:43 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by dallasflyer
It only took 3 and 1/2 years. I loved flyertalk.com when I first saw it, and I still love it today. I have learned alot, hopefully helped a few people, and met some great people both on and off line. Thank you, Randy, for making this place possible and thank you everyone else for making this place what it is!
I couldn't agree more. It has been a pleasure being a member of the FT Community the last 7 years. And now I'm also a member of the 1000 posts club! At this rate I look forward to being an Evangelist in the year 2071. :-:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.