The FlyerTalk Business Exchange Forum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The FlyerTalk Business Exchange Forum

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2005, 9:17 pm

Programs: Skyteam Elite, Starwood Gold, Kmart ShopYourWay Rewards
Here's some info on a couple of my friends, neither of whom post on FT...
as a side hobby/job, a couple of friends I know are working on building a comprehensive website (like the millions others out there) that will be like a cross between seatguru, flight tracker, latest mileage offers, and airline route maps/ads. It's still a year away from coming online because they're working on it very slowly and learning more html/java/etc than ever along the way. One of their very early prototype (not using their eventual domain name or most of the code yet) test sites is set up at www.freewebs.com/flyingisfun Feel free to visit but they request that experienced FTers don't overwhelm the site with advice request, since this probably won't be part of the final site and you FTers are pretty good anyway. They also mentioned www.freewebs.com/gofly as an interesting site along the way. (Personally, I think both still need a lot of work!)
Old Feb 16, 2005, 10:20 pm

Programs: AA, NWA, UA, US, AW, SW, F
Professional Photographer

deleted

Last edited by mcmmcm; Aug 16, 2007 at 12:40 am Reason: wrong contact info
Old Feb 17, 2005, 12:05 am

Established Networks

I run an Internet utilities firm. Key products include:
-domain names
-web hosting
-online private file storage
-email
-self-service website design

I also do custom website design for small business and non-profit orgs. I will soon be launching an integrated service for meeting and convention planners incorporating atendee registration, secure automated paper submission & distribution. Past work has been done in both English and Spanish, and I'd be comfortable doing a translation into French as well.

Website address is http://www.establishednetworks.com/ and I'd be pleased to provide a discount to any Flyertalker wishing to use my services for personal use: please sign up for an account, email [email protected] with your account details prior to making a purchase, and I'll add you to the discount customer list.
Old Feb 19, 2005, 7:21 am

Programs: UAL IK, AA Gold, CO Silver
Warm Floors and Ultimate Comfort

If the rest of you were not spending all your money traveling hither and yon, you would be able to build the dream house you always imagined, and then I could be of help to you.

My company, Warm Corporation (dba Warm FloorsÔ, Warm PoolsÔ, Warm SnowÔ, Warm CreteÔ, Thermal DelightsÔ) designs, fabricates and installs the world’s finest comfort conditioning system.

Most of our projects are large custom residences in California although we also provide Contractor and DIY packages throughout the US and abroad. Our systems have been used as well for child care centers, kennels and pet adoption centers, retirement homes, schools, zoos, industrial waste facilities, blood banks, stores, factories, college dormitories, and more.

Warm SnowÔ systems melt away ice and snow from walks, gutters, driveways, and eaves. Warm PoolÔ systems are invisible in-concrete pipe that turns a pool deck, walk, driveway, or other surface into a solar collector to heat a swimming pool. Warm CreteÔ is a lightweight concrete (Hacker brand gypsum underlayment) specially formulated to cover radiant heating pipes and turn the whole floor into a warm radiator.

My favorite is Thermal DelightsÔ, intimate warm or cool spots for special purposes, window nooks, marble or tile bathtub surrounds, playrooms, doghouses, cat spots, or extra warmth in the floor where people stand a lot, like in front of the kitchen sink or the john or anyplace bare feet contact cold floors. We can put extra warmth in the corner for arthritic dogs or make a cool spot for long hair dogs, and we can encourage a cat to hang out anywhere we put some extra heat. We can dry the floor under elephants or cool a tennis court while heating a swimming pool at the same time. This is a fun technology.

Oh, by the way, it’s absolutely the most efficient, healthy, clean, quiet, dust and pollen-free, safe and environmentally friendly heating solution anywhere.

My travels come from commuting from IAD (I live in Rockville MD) to California and as much international travel as I can get, total about 150,000 miles/year. Thanks to Flyer Talk, and all the deals you have helped me find, I’m doing quite well with promotions and upgrades. This year, we have (free) trips to Mexico, Hawaii and Chile (next month). Somehow “deal” and “free” put some fun back into air travel. Thanks to Randy and all of you for the great information and insights into the crazy world of air travel. It has paid off for me, big time.

You can learn more about our company and products at www.warmfloors.com and when you are ready to build that dream home, contact me at mluttrell-at-warmfloors.com or the office at inquiry-at-warmfloors.com.

The current best use of our miles account is to research a retirement haven abroad. So far, we have explored Costa Rica, Mexico, Ecuador, South Pacific, Hawaii, Europe, and soon, Chile. Requirements are warm, waterfront, friendly, affordable, stable, attractive, accessible; place to have a boat and plane. We are open to suggestions from our world hopping brethren. Thanks.

Michael
Old Feb 19, 2005, 8:06 am

I am a specialized consultant with a sole proprietorship d/b/a form of business. I have been in practice for over 10 years. My client base is global. My travel locus is both domestic US and global.

M8
Old Feb 21, 2005, 7:10 pm

Sound Message, LLC

I have a business that does media production in the following areas:
- Audio Recordings (Studio & Live Events)
- CD Manufacturing
- Web Site Design & Hosting
- Video Production & Editing
- Multimedia Design & Consulting

http://www.soundmessage.com

I'd be glad to offer a 20% discount off any service to fellow FlyerTalkers.

I also have some travel items (including a few Concorde souvenirs) for sale at:

http://www.travelscholar.com

These sales help support my business, along with my trip report web site, for which I wish I had more time.
Old Feb 24, 2005, 1:05 am

Programs: UA Million Miler
I own a small, Washington-DC based management and technology consulting company that works primarily with the US Departments of Defense and Homeland Security.

The company also has a separate division that specializes in disability, accessibility and Section 508 consulting to Fortune 500 companies and the Federal government. We also provide end-user solutions for employees with disabilities, i.e. sign language interpreting.
Old Feb 27, 2005, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Rebates on Hotels / Rental Cars

A side project I'm working on is:

http://www.expert-traveler.com

Basically the site offers you a 2-2.5% cash rebate on hotels or rental cars reservations you book through it. I'm working on adding other bonuses eventually, such as miles in addition to the cash.

And it free - no membership fees or other costs.

I hope to get the rebate percentages up to ~ 5% as more people join and use the service, as well as adding other booking outlets (e.g. Priceline)

Last edited by Doppy; Mar 13, 2005 at 4:16 pm
Old Mar 10, 2005, 5:22 am

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
I have a travel consulting business that is affiliated with a large corporate travel agency in the Silicon Valley. My primary activities involve booking business travel for small corporations and non-profit organizations.

In addition to the usual things a travel agent does, we can get a few things for people that the average travel agent cannot.

1) Fare match. We can often get a fare match with AA or UA. That is, if you want to fly AA or UA and there is a lower fare on another carrier, we can request a fare match from AA or UA. Success rate runs about 75%.

2) Seat assignments. We can get all blocked seats on AA and all except exit rows on HP and we can also get some exit row seats on DL or CO, even if you do not have the status that is normally required to unblock these seats.
Old Mar 10, 2005, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
If your company sells a high-tech product, your sales are affected by the opinions of industry analysts your prospects listen to.

Most high-tech vendors go about trying to influence analysts the wrong way. This can be counterproductive.

Most PR agencies treat analysts like the press or other publics. This can be counterproductive too.

I was a pioneer of specialized analyst relations work in the late 1980s, founded the first consultancy in that area in the early 1990s, left it in 2003 to return to university teaching, and am now resuming part-time consulting and training in the field in affiliation with UK-based Lighthouse AR.

If you're involved with managing or marketing a high-tech product, I'd love to hear from you. (PM and my FT e-mail link work.) The further from Boston the better, of course - after all, this is FT! Schedule permitting, I'll do a free initial meeting anywhere in return for travel expenses (air travel on AA or oneWorld).
Old Mar 24, 2005, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
PeachesBB and I will be posting our own entry to this log within the coming weeks (yes kids, that would be foreshadowing....)

When that happens, a few of you will also be getting phone calls for some of the services I see available here (as have a few FTers involved with our projet already).

I am still looking for the following if any of you are in the following lines of work or have contacts for me. Please PM me if you fit the bill:

* Outbound call center able to take on quick turnaround verification projects (from 500 to 10,000 calls per project)

* Scantron service bureau
Old Mar 24, 2005, 8:54 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3MM, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Cool I don't mind talking about myself, so...

I work in international medical education. Essentially, I solicit grants from industry, government, and any other interested party wishing to fund continuing educaiton for healthcare professionals here in the US and abroad.

Having been in this profession for over 11 years, I have developed an expertise in strategic medical education, regulatory issues, electronic (Web and handheld) distribution of medical education, and the measurement of educational outcomes and impact. I lecture worldwide on these topics.

If that isn't enough, I also provide speaker training skills workshops (teaching people about public speaking), and teach emergency medicine in a local health system.

All of my lectures tend to be funny (at least I think so) because I worked my way through medical school as a stand-up comedian!!
Old Jun 1, 2005, 9:00 pm

Programs: Delta DM
bump . . . . it got lost somewhere, its back. . . .

Last edited by iCorpRoadie; Jun 22, 2005 at 12:01 pm
Old Jun 29, 2005, 1:07 pm

Programs: UA, Marriott, Starwood, et al
Just stumbled across this excellent thread, so I'll add my 2 cents:

I'm based in the Denver area, currently living just north of the city. I own and run what is, at the moment, a home based CPA business, focused on providing tax provision and other tax and analytical (M&A, projections) services to small and medium-sized businesses in the area; clients currently range from DTC to Boulder. These companies occasionally need significant tax services (other than return preparation) but may not currently be able to justify or support a full-time, experienced tax person or department. Additionally, they may have relied on their audit firm in the past on these projects but are unable to now as a result of Sarbanes-Oxley (or they may just be looking for less expensive alternatives). If interested, PM me for more info.

(In a previous tax position with a Big 8/7/6/5/4 firm, I did a fair amount of business travel. At the moment, my travel is generally personal, not business.)

Thanks,

TRRed
Old Jul 3, 2005, 2:25 pm

Location: Athens, WV, USA; a US cockroach long before it was in FFOCUS; now a lowly US5 for only the 2nd time in 20 years.
Programs: US5
Great thread... glad someone brought it back.

As the regulars in the US Airways forum know, I'm a computer science/statistics professor at Concord University in southern West Virginia near BLF/BKW. I have a software business on the side, which I've downsized since I'm now spending most of that time running the IT side of my wife's business, Room To Grow, a specialty baby/kids/maternity store. Check out her online store at http://www.wvroomtogrow.com/store . She currently has a secret online 10% off coupon with the code WELCOME at checkout (but don't tell her *I* gave it to you... ).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.