Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The FlyerTalk Business Exchange Forum

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2003, 10:25 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

After starting this thread, I would be remiss if I did not contribute to it myself. I wanted to ensure that this thread was acceptable to FlyerTalk standards and FlyerTalk members before contributing.

-----------------------

After greater than 11 years in business, my company currently specializes in training and consulting to the graphic arts industry on such products as raster image processors (RIPs), software, color-profile-dependent devices (scanners, proofers, printers), output devices such as imagesetters and platesetters, and basic color theory. Additionally, software and hardware manufacturers retain the services of my company for training, consulting and evangelizing their products (via trade shows, seminars and one-on-one contacts) to their customers, saving those companies the expenses (such as payroll and benefits costs) of additional full-time employees. We have also written articles and technical documentation for our customers. We have assisted manufacturers in devising solutions for better exposure and positioning of their products to their customers. 95% of new business is via word-of-mouth.

Plans are currently under way to expand the business into the video, internet and gift incentive markets. Most of my travel is currently within the United States, but I would like to increase my travel worldwide.

-----------------------

As for me personally, I have been working professionally in the graphic arts industry for greater than 18 years, from concept and design to pre-press applications. I am also an experienced professional photographer and have writing experience (as an example, I wrote an unpublished book explaining how color theory works and how one can have greater control over color, all without the language being overly technical). I have spoken at numerous seminars and trade shows, and I have been told that I have a good speaking voice.

I am always open-minded to take on the challenge of learning new information and taking on new responsibilities beyond the realm of my current business.

-----------------------

Please contact me at my e-mail address in my profile if you are interested. Thank you.
Old Apr 29, 2003, 10:51 pm

Seriously, contact me if you need some help interjecting some humor into your speeches or a roast. I am a graduate of Stand Up school and a fully papered MBA from a top tier school...so the humor can fit the business situation.
Old Apr 30, 2003, 1:22 am
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by TomCayman:
(BTW how do you post a hyperlink with the URL hidden behind a plain text name)</font>
plain text name

Old Apr 30, 2003, 2:06 am

Hi, Well started doing webdesign 5 years ago, partnerd with a friend that had a Mercedes shop, So now I sell Mercedes parts on line and to several dealers. Funny how it works out huh? So if u need a Part let me know!!
Old Apr 30, 2003, 9:27 am
csb

I own a small wine importing company that focuses on boutique South African estates. We distribute in ten states currently and have placed wine in some of the best restaurants in the country: Chez Pannise, Charles Nob Hill, Elisabeth Daniel, Spago--Beverly Hill, Zax, the Mandarin-Oriental Hotel(SF), and shortly the French Laundry.

My company's website is www.ivpwines.com

[This message has been edited by csb (edited 04-30-2003).]
Old Apr 30, 2003, 6:41 pm

Thanks, moderators, for allowing this very interesting and useful thread to grow.
Old Apr 30, 2003, 7:22 pm

Programs: SPG Pref+, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat, BA Blue, AA Riff-Raff, UA Unwashed, Travel Anonymous Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by 0524:
Thanks, moderators, for allowing this very interesting and useful thread to grow. </font>

I've already got one person I'd like to contact. And you've all got me to think about what else I can do while looking for a new job. Thanks!

[Editted to fix icon problems]

[This message has been edited by UA_Eagle (edited 04-30-2003).]
Old May 1, 2003, 5:18 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
change of careers, new career mentioned later in this thread.

Last edited by Sweet Willie; Apr 3, 2006 at 11:44 am
Old May 1, 2003, 11:54 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Great thread. For several years I bought and sold signed and rare first edition books. I became quite good at appraising their value as it is a rather complicated process. I stopped actively selling a few years ago, but still do have some very fine books in my inventory. I am not looking to get back in business, however, I may still have that special book you are seeking for yourself or another. I have, on hand, signed John Irvings, Arthur Miller, Julia Child, Tom Wolfe, Harper Lee, Gabriel Garcia Marquez, David Hockney, Larry Rivers, Caroline Kennedy, John Glenn, as well as many other memoirs by astronauts. Also the First editions (unsigned) of the Mutiny on the Bounty Trilogy by Nordhoff and Hall. Moreover, I have some wonderful 18th and 19th century medical books with an emphasis on opiates. Please feel free to contact me by e-mail if you have any questions about books in your personal library or have any questions about books in my personal library.
Edited to add Gabriel Garica Marquez, probably should have also added Gunther Grass (last Nobel Prize literature winner of the 20th century).

[This message has been edited by obscure2k (edited 05-02-2003).]
Old May 2, 2003, 12:32 am

oops! Dupe, sorry.

[This message has been edited by obscure2k (edited 05-02-2003).]
Old May 2, 2003, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
I work at a management consulting firm that specializes is developing policy, analytical, market research, and software solutions for government transportation agencies and related private sector businesses. My personal focus is on the design of decision support software for complex analytical and regulatory compliance problems, and I also coordinate business development efforts in a six-state region around Chicago.
Old May 2, 2003, 11:40 pm

I also want to thank the moderators for keeping this thread alive.
Old Jul 15, 2003, 8:54 pm

On the kind advice of Canarsie, I'd like to re-post the following, which I had earlier posted on the "Hire a FlyerTalker" thread.

------
FUND A FLYERTALKER?

Not 100% on topic, but here goes:

I have just formed a partnership with a couple of business associates that is looking to execute private equity / funding deals for small- and medium-sized enterprises.

We're based in Southeast Asia, so are ideally looking at deals in this region for the time being -- and, specifically, cashflow positive businesses, and/or those with tangible intellectual property or assets. We DO NOT have the risk appetite to look at concept/early stage deals at present.

If you own or work for a company that meets this criteria and is looking to raise funding, drop me a note at [email protected]. Strictest confidence on both ends please!

If there's sufficient positive response here I'll start a separate thread later on.

Cheers.
Old Jul 15, 2003, 9:28 pm

Location: Danville, CA - "When I read about the evils of DRINKING, I gave up READING.
If you or your company is in the import/export business and ship and/or receive ocean containers from anywhere in the world, our company would provide the trucking for those containers. We have 37 locations from CA to NJ and have over 2,200 drivers company wide.
I run part of the west coast, from San Francisco to Vancouver, BC.
Old Dec 6, 2003, 8:32 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, UA Premier, Hilton Gold
Bump. Don't want to get this tread to get burried.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.