Wiki Posts
Search

The 16th Annual Oregon Brewers Festival

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2002, 3:12 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by techgirl:
... I'll be flying in from Germany since Dusseldorf is the weekend before....</font>
No kidding. July is brutal for our crowd.

BTW, who has legal possession of the kokoleash??? Now that I've got a digital camera and a WiFi enabled laptop, and the fact that downtown Portland is virtually completely wireless, evidence of Mssr. Nutz' bondage can be transmitted to the free world within mere minutes ... &lt;wheeeeeee!&gt;

[This message has been edited by essxjay (edited 12-09-2002).]
Old Dec 9, 2002, 3:39 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Additional OMNIs ...

shadow, if you say you can't make it this year I will simply burn some miles and come down and kidnap you and Jackie and bring you back home ... in F of course ... and send you back with a mixed case of lovely pinots. I mean it.

markbach, I'm soooooo looking forward to meeting you. You, along with a select few others, are one of my most fave FT posters. Please allow me, as an OBF veteran -- having been to every one of them --- pop your brewfest cherry. First few wooden nickles are on me.

Spiff, don't act like a hops weenie. I know you're several homebrew batches into the future training for late July quaffing. &lt;Pfffttt.&gt;

gregwiggins, I'd like to collect on whatever brew debt you think you owe, cuz frankly I can't remember it. (E-mail me with your current itineraries -- we're bound to cross contrails soon. &lt;g&gt; )

To everyone else,

This will be my last summer in Portland, as I'm going off to law school in the fall of 2003 and won't likely find a summer internship opportunity in my beloved hometown. So not only will it be my birthday but also likely the last summer I will spend in Portland for a long time.

The FT community has become a fair part of my life outside of work and school and family/friends.
So it would be great to see anyone and everyone from the FT world on this weekend.

Please e-mail me for any info about flying into PDX, where to stay, etc.

Salut to FT!
Old Dec 9, 2002, 6:45 pm
In Memoriam: Original Member

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
I still have the original Kokoleash. To my knowledge, it has only been used twice, once around Koko's neck by Sam and once to beat him in TUS by Missy.
Old Dec 9, 2002, 6:53 pm

Location: controlling the internets from an underground bunker
Programs: So l33t that I don't need a wallet full of cards to prove it. Black is the new Gold.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by newself:
I still have the original Kokoleash. To my knowledge, it has only been used twice, once around Koko's neck by Sam and once to beat him in TUS by Missy.</font>
*ahem* How quickly we forget...
Old Dec 9, 2002, 7:10 pm
JSD

Programs: QF P1/LTG; AA 1MM; UA 1MM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by markbach:
Actually, it's called "JSDing" now... </font>
Touch.

Old Jan 24, 2003, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA PLT and that's that!
hmmmm ... I love beer, my favorite brewery will be in attendence, and it's essxjay's birthday, too ... I'll be there!

The Rogue Nations Declaration of Independence

The logical next micro-step for Rogues worldwide Revolution.

We, the undersigned Rogues, with tongues firmly planted in our cheeks and with the inherent power derived from within, declare the intent to form a Micro-Nation the Rogue Nation a global alliance without borders, its citizenry possessing an unswerving, responsible allegiance to the Rogue within, unfettered by: limitations imposed by others, commonly-accepted bull****, or rules totally lacking in reason.
We Declare That

I. There have been many Rogues throughout history, Rogues who have said, "Maybe everyone is wrong?" Rogues such as Henry Ford in regard to the auto industry, Albert Einstein looking at time and space, Columbus facing the horizon, Galileo whilst looking at the stars Rogue Ales facing the brewing industry and saying, "What if people want beer with taste?"

[This message has been edited by tazi (edited 01-24-2003).]
Old Feb 11, 2003, 9:07 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Bump .... to remind those looking to cash in for award stays. It's NEVER too early for this particular weekend as the hotels already have tons of rooms blocked out as it is ...

The inevitable questions will be:

Which is better location-wise: The Westin, The Four Points or the Doubletree?

To which I'd respond:

The Four Points is the shortest stagger from the brew tents, but the Westin is an easy walk as well. Avoid the Doubletree at all costs in terms of convenience and condition of the property.

If you're an HHonors junkie, Embassy Suites seems to be ground zero for most Team VSOIers, but the spankin' new Hilton Towers is quite nice and very close as well.

{edited to fix bad reference}

[This message has been edited by essxjay (edited 02-12-2003).]
Old Feb 11, 2003, 10:06 pm

Programs: So l33t that I don't need a wallet full of cards to prove it. Black is the new Gold.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by essxjay:
The Doubletree is the shortest stagger from the brew tents, but the Westin is an easy walk as well. Avoid the Doubletree at all costs in terms of convenience and condition of the property.</font>
So pick the Doubletree because it's close, or don't pick it because it sucks?
Old Feb 12, 2003, 6:27 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Don't pick it - it sucks.

You want the Embassy Suites.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by markbach:
So pick the Doubletree because it's close, or don't pick it because it sucks? </font>
Old Feb 12, 2003, 7:12 am

Programs: AA PLT and that's that!
Ahhh .... Heavenly bed
Westin for me I think

[This message has been edited by tazi (edited 02-12-2003).]
Old Feb 12, 2003, 10:21 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Excellent choice, tazi. The Westin is basically a straight shot down SW Alder St. to the South brew tent.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tazi:
Ahhh .... Heavenly bed
Westin for me I think
</font>
Old Feb 12, 2003, 10:25 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Spiff:
You want the Embassy Suites.</font>
Excellent. The ES (Embassy Suites Hotel Portland-Downtown) has an AAA rate for that weekend. Is $143.10 a decent rate of that hotel?

143.10 USD KNG BASIC NON SMOKING (SESAAA)
Old Feb 12, 2003, 10:32 am

also, the Westin has a $109 AAA rate on westin.com.
Old Feb 12, 2003, 10:35 am

Excellent. The ES (Embassy Suites Hotel Portland-Downtown) has an AAA rate for that weekend. Is $143.10 a decent rate of that hotel?

</font>
Last year for the Brewers Fest, I got the Embassy Suites for $65 on Priceline. Don't know about this year, but it worth a try.

Old Feb 12, 2003, 11:01 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
That's a lot more than I paid last year. Was definitely less than $100.

</font>

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.