Wiki Posts
Search

ARE YOU GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2002, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Wow! That's two great World Series in a row. D-Backs last year, Halo's this year. Fun stuff!
Old Oct 28, 2002, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
Thank you Angels.

That's about the ONLY bet that has hit for me this weekend....
Old Oct 28, 2002, 5:23 am
Original Member

Location: OMNI Award Winner, Recipient: Ol' Goal Personal Sootkase Tag Award. The Very Special Punki Authentic PiP Sootkase Tag, Pin, & T-Shirt. .........PRE-
along wiff gene, arturo waz ther sengen "bac en the saddl agin"........

------------------
Loving, Caring, Honest, Intelligent, Empathetic, Creative, and Giving.
Old Oct 28, 2002, 8:31 am
In Memoriam, Original Member

Wow. I had never been to baseball game that was that loud.

Old Oct 28, 2002, 8:57 am

Location: JFK, LAX, LHR, DUB, MIA, ORD, MAD - heavy travel to all
Programs: EXP: 2014, 15, Final 7 Mo of 16, and all of 17 (soon to be '19-20). Big Bonvoy Users
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by auh2o:
Wow. I had never been to baseball game that was that loud.

</font>
auh2o I was fortunate to go to 1, 5 & 7 this year. But I have to say that both 5 & 7 (while in different parks) both rank equally in atmosphere and the word "loud."

Maybe because it was both team's final games at their respective parks. But from where I was sitting (Club level) last night, not only were the rafters above shaking but the entire concrete below us felt like we were in a mini earthquake at times.
Old Oct 28, 2002, 10:01 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in CHICAGO, IL, USA
[ducking] I am sorry...but *YAWN* IMHO, if the entire game were in Fox-pitch-by-pitch format it would be watchable on TV. As it is, it did not keep me up til 1am...BTW, no disrespect to the hlos and G's. More of an indictment of the game as currently formatted...it is only watchable in person.

[This message has been edited by kokonutz (edited 10-28-2002).]
Old Oct 28, 2002, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AuH2o...were you wearing a grey zippered sweatshirt thing? I thought I saw you.
Old Oct 28, 2002, 2:54 pm
In Memoriam, Original Member

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PremEx:
AuH2o...were you wearing a grey zippered sweatshirt thing? I thought I saw you.</font>

Nah - I was naked as the proverbial jay-bird, painted head to toe in red. Halo's were placed "strategically". Man that cold weather....yikes....
Old Oct 28, 2002, 3:17 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by nhila:
auh2o I was fortunate to go to 1, 5 & 7 this year. But I have to say that both 5 & 7 (while in different parks) both rank equally in atmosphere and the word "loud."

Maybe because it was both team's final games at their respective parks. But from where I was sitting (Club level) last night, not only were the rafters above shaking but the entire concrete below us felt like we were in a mini earthquake at times.
</font>
Old Oct 28, 2002, 3:20 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by nhila:

</font>
All I can say is, if you thought Game 7 was loud, you should have been there for Games 2 or 6. When the Angels came back, especially in 6, they made 7 sound like a tennis match. That Game 6 rally was just an incredible capper to a great season - yesterday's game was pretty anticlimactic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.