Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Passport turnaround time?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2002, 8:38 pm
Original Poster

US Passport turnaround time?

Any recent experiences relating how long the U.S. gummint is taking to turn around passports sent in for extensions? It's been 4-6 weeks, and doesn't seem like peak travel time...
Old Oct 28, 2002, 9:29 pm

Needed a passport renewal in June. Checked with the local office in Bellevue (they mail them to some place in New Hampshire, I think). They told me to allow four weeks. So I paid for expedited service. Turned in the papers one afternoon to the Passport Office here in Seattle, picked up the passport the next morning.

Bruce
Old Oct 29, 2002, 8:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
I applied late February; they told me up to six weeks, Passport was in my hands in 3 weeks
Old Oct 29, 2002, 8:18 am

Programs: BD / BA / AF
Went to the US Embassy in London to apply for a replacement passport (original stolen). Amazingly enough, though all passports now come from the US -- still, had my passport within ten days.

Old Oct 29, 2002, 9:33 am

Got to www.state.gov - you'll see the rules and waiting times for such things as expedited renewal, same-day (in the US only) and regular renewal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.