Wiki Posts
Search

SEA/YVR 4/26-29

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2002, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, BMI Gold, LH Senator, Hyatt Diamond
SEA/YVR 4/26-29

Will be in Pacific Northwest this evening until Monday. Any FTers in the area and around this weekend?

Fri.- SEA
Sat.- Vancouver
Sun.- SEA

------------------
"Fly me to the moon and let me earn alot of miles."
Old Apr 26, 2002, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I get into SEA at 830p on Sunday night (28th). What are your plans on that evening or the 29th?
Old Apr 26, 2002, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Will be at YVR U.S. departures 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday, Int'l/U.S. arrivals noon-1 p.m. Sunday.
Old Apr 26, 2002, 1:53 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
worldbanker:
I am new to Seattle and, happily, this will be the first weekend, since my arrival mid-March, that I won't be either commuting back to Chicago or apartment hunting.

I could get together this evening or perhaps on Sunday; if you're interested in meeting for a drink or maybe a meal, please send me an e-mail.

Thanks,

Bill
Old Apr 26, 2002, 2:35 pm

Will be in YVR up to about 10am Sat morning. Let me know if this works for anyone.
Old Apr 26, 2002, 2:50 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
I'm around this weekend (except that I'm going to be at the Sonics PLAYOFFS game!! on Saturday PM). Also, spiff is going to be in SEA on Saturday late evening if people haven't seen that post. Could you please provide details as to where everybody is planning on meeting?
Old Apr 26, 2002, 3:27 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
ldsant:
Thanks for the reminder about spiff's post but I can't meet him Saturday night. However, I'm still available this evening and possibly on Sunday afternoon/evening if anyone wants to get together.

Don't know enough about the area yet to make many recommendations other than in the Belltown area, where I work and where I'm living temporarily. Some places I have been are Palace Kitchen; Icon Grill; Flying Fish; Belltown Pub; Shiro's Sushi.

If anyone wants to get together, just e-mail me and I can provide phone numbers so we can get in touch with each other.

Bill
Old Apr 30, 2002, 7:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, BMI Gold, LH Senator, Hyatt Diamond
Sorry, ended up spending almost entire weekend in Vancouver. Rental car got broken into and had to fill out paperwork for police report and get window fixed (rental car had Washington State plates so I could not exchange it as the only cars available were all British Colubmia). I would have loved to meet up with more Seattle FTers but I only got to visit the airport.

------------------
"Fly me to the moon and let me earn alot of miles."
Old May 2, 2002, 10:54 am

Programs: several
I'm very sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, YVR has a very serious problem with auto theft & break-ins. Worst in North America. More often than not, the victims have US plates.

It's a very sad reality in Vancouver. The YVR suburb of Surrey is even worse for such auto theft.
Old May 2, 2002, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jral:
I'm very sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, YVR has a very serious problem with auto theft & break-ins.</font>
SEA is #9 in the U.S. Woo-Hoo!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.