President/Europe

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

President/Europe

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2002, 6:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
President/Europe

This may not be the best place...but how can it be bad? If this gets moved by the powers that be, ok...but I think the FT community here may be a uniquely good place to turn which other people wouldn't consider...so here goes:

We are seeking a President/Europe for a major $1+ billion international consumer products company (sales: 50% US/50% Europe). The company's brands are leaders in most major markets.

This person will be leading a major cultural organizational transformation -- you could almost call it a revolution -- from a European country manager structure to a Pan-European management structure.

We are only looking for a person that has done this for a similar type company recently -- someone that's been there and done that for a major company and can speak/act from experience and authority. We are expecting that this person brings with him/her very meaningful relevant direct experience and lessons, as this transition requires both forcefulness and sensitivity.

If you know an appropriate candidate, please respond to [email protected].

Other specific attributes includes:

1. Significant international operating and P&L responsibility;

2. Fluency in multiple languages (English + at least one major European language, at a minimum);

3. Previous recent experience for a major company consolidating European country operations into Pan-European centralized operations (essential), preferably including consolidation of international call centers;

4. Previous major brand experience;

5. Experience with complex distribution structures (large SKU count, different type products) and multi-site manufacturing;

6. Significant experience dealing with and selling to major/leading mass merchants/retailers as well as managing sales organizations;

7. Personal attributes: strong coach, motivator, energizer.

Thanx in advance.
Old May 2, 2002, 6:05 am
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
I think it is a great idea to look within FT for your opening. However to keep "MilesBuzz" within topic, I'm going to move this to "Community". This might be a better place for it.

------------------
Craig6z
Buzz & United Moderator
[email protected]
Old May 2, 2002, 6:35 am
geo1004

nologic, I think arturo would be the ideal candidate.

Old May 2, 2002, 7:32 am

Programs: AA-CK, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
NoLogic - Although I am not quaified I wish I was!! Seriously, I would like to thank you for posting here as it may help someone and would encourage others to do so as well.

Maybe Randy can set up a new category for this kind of post.
Old May 2, 2002, 9:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Thanks...this is an amazing job/opportunity: major challenge requiring both strength and sensitivity, big impact & huge personal economic upside...

But there really isn't a place here where it can get meaningful exposure with the exception of milesbuzz, from which it has been moved...

Personally, when I was looking for a job, I would ahv eloved to have seen some opportunities posted here...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.