Secret Santa 2018 Official Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Secret Santa 2018 Official Thread!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2018, 10:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt
I just got one HUGE parcel today. The customs declaration said ceramics from JFK and I'm just like.... uh.......... this huge box travelled halfway across the world... and it has fragile ceramics in it.

Ceramics. from JFK to Asia. It's doomed.

Lo and behold, I got a huge Kungfu tea table set and everything ceramic is perfectly fine and not broken or chipped in any way. that's some packaging kungfu right there.

Thanks for the tea set secret santa! It did not come with instructions but luckily my dad has some experience so he guided me through the things inside. I'll try it out as soon as I get some tea and some tea loving friends.

tbh, I was just grinning like an idiot at how many pieces were in this thing... like... 40 mini things of cups and knick knacks.

========================
I did also receive a mini drone that I took out for a spin the other day. I definitely want to post pictures but it was wet and rainy and I didn't want to fry the drone. I tried it indoors but it doesn't seem to be self-stabilizing so it kept flying into either the wall... or me. I'll get the hang of it though!

(parcels received thus far: 2)
AStarr likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 12:22 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Gold Amb.
so far i have receive 2 of my 3. and 2 of the 3 that i sent out have been received.

Hopefully its just a small delay, but i will chase again on Monday.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 2:00 pm

Programs: AC Aeroplan,Delta Skymiles, Avion
I've reported all gifts received to Wharvey and I'm more than happy with the great choices my SS made.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 4:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by sandratravels
I want to report the Secret Santa gifts I believe we have received this year.

My daughter has received several marvel character activity books and figurines from family, friends and Secret Santas, I start to get confused, where she has received from gifts from. She loves marvel characters, particularly Batman and Spiderman.

Secret Santa gifts from 1st Secret Santa, I believe: I received SW gift card, set of poinsettia earrings, Paris cutouts for my daughter, Green goblin/Hoboglobin action figure for my daughter, and Off the beaten path Tennessee travel book.

Secret Santa gifts from 2nd Secret Santa, I believe: Pacific Northwest travel book, Marvel activity/coloring book for my daughter, and Spiderman lego car for my daughter.

My daughter and I have enjoyed all of our gifts. Thank you so much, Secret Santas.

We look forward to participating every year and look forward to see what gifts are received.

We hope everyone has a Happy, Healthy & Restful New Year to you and yours,
Sandra
(sandratravels)
The Tennessee book also goes with the Pacific Northwest book, Marvel activity/coloring book, and Spiderman lego car.
sandratravels likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 5:01 pm

Programs: AC Aeroplan,Delta Skymiles, Avion
HWGeeks sent me a pedestal bird feeder that's absolutely gorgeous! It's made of heavy cast iron and the squirrels won't be able to knock it over easily or at all. Thank you so much HWGeeks!
Old Dec 29, 2018, 5:52 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
that's actually pretty cool looking! GLad you like it
Old Dec 30, 2018, 9:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
My plans for today have changed, so I won't pick up my packages until next week. Sorry about the delay.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 9:48 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Starwood/Marriott, Hilton, IHG
Originally Posted by joshua362
A huge thank you to Mr. Spartacus for a wonderful assortment of Nebraska books & goodies, a great fun outfit for the boy and always much needed memory sticks. Contrats to your pending seventh! I got tired to waiting for my own so I decided to make them myself... Much enjoyed, great effort, it was received just in time, sorry for the delay, thanks again!

So glad you liked everything and thanks for sharing the photo of your little guy!
Old Dec 30, 2018, 10:02 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Starwood/Marriott, Hilton, IHG
Just In Time For a Roadtrip

Thanks to JamesterOH for the awesome car travel cooler. Sorry for the delay in sharing this but the houseful of kids and grandkids on Christmas day was immediately followed by a roadtrip to Colorado for a wedding. Just beating the snowstorm, our new cooler is the ideal gift. ThanxaBunch!

Old Dec 30, 2018, 11:12 am

Programs: NWA, UA Silver. Hilton Diamond
Gifts received

a special thank you to dee1843 and sdqbound.

My apologies for late posting. It’s been an interesting December.

Wharvey, as always thank you for your time and talent.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 8:09 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
I sent my received gifts update confirmation to Whatrvey today, still only one out of three gifts received to date. The post must be running late this season. I am on the road now but the mailbox is being checked daily.
samosa likes this.

Last edited by kauppias; Dec 30, 2018 at 8:10 pm Reason: Somehow quoted totally wrong post
Old Dec 31, 2018, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you to my Floridian Santa (I think!) for my Caudalie winter survival kit - I arrived home to a scattering of snow (despite the weather forecast claiming 0% POP, and thus a sandal-clad me!) so it will be cracked open immediately! Thank you too to my Manitoban santa for the lovely card that was awaiting me as well!
Old Dec 31, 2018, 10:26 am

Programs: Former AA EXP, DL PM, BAEC Bronze, SPG GOLD, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Thank you to JoelThomas a fellow Michigander
The coffee came at the perfect time as the machine was nearly empty. Great brew has come from these. The banner was a nice surprise. PS: also a fan of the Pack :-)

Old Dec 31, 2018, 10:30 am

Programs: Former AA EXP, DL PM, BAEC Bronze, SPG GOLD, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Thank you Secret Santa - ckidder331
Funny thing I was discussing wine with a co-worker and he mentioned Lohr, a vintner that I have never tried. Was a bit taken when I opened this two days later. The Cabernet was a perfect match to after Christmas stress down!
Old Dec 31, 2018, 10:33 am

My Secret Santa from NC found another surprising item from my loved Red Wings - a Brett Hull signed puck from the 2002 Stanley Cup Championship. Ah the good times had back then
Jaimito Cartero likes this.

Last edited by token385; Dec 31, 2018 at 10:34 am Reason: add photo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.