Secret Santa 2018 Official Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Secret Santa 2018 Official Thread!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2018, 4:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
The package total at my alternate address is now 3. I'll pick up those on Sunday, but likely will not open them until late Sunday or sometime on Monday.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 4:11 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
I almost forgot to post about the second part of one of my gifts! I received a chocolate marmite and a box of chocolates from frontenac551, who had previously sent me a box of Lush goodies.

The chocolates are amazing, and the marmite has a wonderful story to it. The post was quite rough to it, however, and it arrived in pieces. That didn’t prevent me from attacking the marzipan veggies! Also, it came with very carefully disguised tiny firecrackers, which I had a blast using and scaring my partner with

Old Dec 25, 2018, 4:44 pm

Programs: hilton, amtrak, united, marriott, hyatt

Thanks to my Flyertalk secret Santa for the bonsai tree, pictured here in attachment with a backdrop of a full sized Christmas tree. A nice reminder of Christmas year’round. Your thoughtfulness is appreciated 🎄

bergamini likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 6:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt
I got my first and only gift even though I signed up for three Santas.

It is a nice gift though! I love it and I can't wait to play with a drone

Old Dec 25, 2018, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by madguy2
I got my first and only gift even though I signed up for three Santas.

It is a nice gift though! I love it and I can't wait to play with a drone

Your others may be on the way still. USPS has been incredibly hit or miss with us this season. Also, if some of your Santas are shipping internationally, the packages may be tied up in customs. I shipped a box to one of my recipients that is overseas and I'm sure it is taking longer than anticipated.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 7:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt
Originally Posted by kipper
Your others may be on the way still. USPS has been incredibly hit or miss with us this season. Also, if some of your Santas are shipping internationally, the packages may be tied up in customs. I shipped a box to one of my recipients that is overseas and I'm sure it is taking longer than anticipated.
Yeah it's quite likely shipping or customs is holding it up.

I shipped a package to Europe and picked express shipping. Was supposed to arrive last Friday but some of them arrived today/attempted delivery today.

One of them actually said package damaged and is no longer deliverable. Talked to Amazon and they said sometimes the couriers sometime misscan an item as damaged. They told me to wait 24 hours and sure enough, the package is now updated as "delivery attempted". Kind of a shock though.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 7:37 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kipper
I sent a package USPS Priority Mail to an aunt in Elgin, IL, which was received on 12/22 and sent on 12/20 from Madison, WI, 100 miles away. I sent an identical package to a different aunt in Naperville, IL, which is like 10 miles farther away, at the same time. It is showing delivery on 12/27. So I agree that there are a lot of misses.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by bergamini
I sent a package USPS Priority Mail to an aunt in Elgin, IL, which was received on 12/22 and sent on 12/20 from Madison, WI, 100 miles away. I sent an identical package to a different aunt in Naperville, IL, which is like 10 miles farther away, at the same time. It is showing delivery on 12/27. So I agree that there are a lot of misses.
I had someone ship a package to me on 11/28 from New Hampshire. I received it in Pennsylvania on 12/11.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 8:43 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
I received a gift from Joelangphoto! Inside was a railroad photography book, two locally made chocolate bars, and a gift card to a local wine bar that opened recently!

Thank you so much!

b00mer89 likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 7:01 am

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Originally Posted by Runner123
Thanks, Jen, my fellow Mass Flyertalk member for my box of goodies. Pictures will follow. I got a lovely bottle of red wine, a book all about the Boston molasses flood (which I knew about, but not any of the details), a lovely candle, a traveling massage roller (what a great idea! ) and a legal drinking glass. Love them all, and stopped my day to devour the book!
You are welcome! I thought a fellow MA reader might be intrigued about the Flood. @kipper, there was a local presentation at the Old South Meeting House, and that's how I found out about it. The book is a fascinating melange of Boston politics, the growth of the immigrant community and a good old fashioned suspense novel. Strongly recommend it. The candle came from my home state of Ohio and I thought the foam roller might be beneficial if you are training for another marathon while on the road. Funny story, I actually had a massage stick confiscated from my rollaboard once, so a mini foam roller now travels with me. Hope you and yours had a very merry Xmas....as well as all the folks on FT

And Happy Boxing day to our Commonwealth friends.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by navi_jen
You are welcome! I thought a fellow MA reader might be intrigued about the Flood. @kipper, there was a local presentation at the Old South Meeting House, and that's how I found out about it. The book is a fascinating melange of Boston politics, the growth of the immigrant community and a good old fashioned suspense novel. Strongly recommend it. The candle came from my home state of Ohio and I thought the foam roller might be beneficial if you are training for another marathon while on the road. Funny story, I actually had a massage stick confiscated from my rollaboard once, so a mini foam roller now travels with me. Hope you and yours had a very merry Xmas....as well as all the folks on FT

And Happy Boxing day to our Commonwealth friends.
It's on my list to order from Amazon. Thank you!
Old Dec 26, 2018, 2:46 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
Beginning to get worried- my tracking says my package was delivered on 12/21 and signed for, but the signature wasn’t for my person. Not a huge deal (could be multiple people in the household) but no acknowledgement of it yet.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingCow
I almost forgot to post about the second part of one of my gifts! I received a chocolate marmite and a box of chocolates from frontenac551, who had previously sent me a box of Lush goodies.

The chocolates are amazing, and the marmite has a wonderful story to it. The post was quite rough to it, however, and it arrived in pieces. That didn’t prevent me from attacking the marzipan veggies! Also, it came with very carefully disguised tiny firecrackers, which I had a blast using and scaring my partner with

I didn't actually realise that there were firecrackers in that package - probably not something they recommend shipping across borders (or carrying in your suitcase as I brought one home for family). I thought that those were some sort of wrapped candy.

For any Brits reading - the marmite is not your marmite. Marmite is french for soup pot/cauldron

I'm sorry that it came to you smashed up, but glad that it was still tasty and fun.
FlyingCow likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I never even heard of the molasses flood until seeing this thread LOL. Requesting the book from my library since they carry it
Old Dec 26, 2018, 10:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by AtomicLush
Just received my second secret Santa box! It doesn’t have a FT name, but looks to be from the Vancouver / Washington area. Thanks so much! Will be opening when we get back from my son’s hockey practice!
Forgot to come back and post. Thanks so much for all the goodies!! I received a fuzzy scarf, snap bracelet, travel sewing kit, Moroccan oil travel kit, and cheezies (for the kiddos):

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.