Reload this Page >

Tragedy Roll Call - Please Sign In

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tragedy Roll Call - Please Sign In

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2001, 12:35 pm

May God bless our leaders and our people!
Old Sep 12, 2001, 12:37 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
Here and safe in Santa Monica. A friend has to fly back to Oakland on Friday. If she can't or won't fly, I'll drive her home.
Old Sep 12, 2001, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
Sorry, dupe.

[This message has been edited by Nanook (edited 09-12-2001).]
Old Sep 12, 2001, 12:51 pm

Here
Old Sep 12, 2001, 1:06 pm

Here -- horrified -- tears in eyes and heart -- flag flying
Old Sep 12, 2001, 1:10 pm

Programs: UA MP, AA Advantage, IHG, HH
Safe here at CVG. Due to leave 9/15, status looks shaky now.
Old Sep 12, 2001, 1:41 pm
In Memoriam

Safe but stranded in Baton Rouge. Scheduled departure was yesterday--no idea when that will happen now and I can get home. Still...I'm one of the lucky ones.
Old Sep 12, 2001, 2:06 pm

Safe at home in Virginia Beach. I'm back at work today but certainly can't concentrate.
Old Sep 12, 2001, 2:26 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, LH SEN *, HH Gold
Safe at home. Scheduled to fly to Japan Saturday. Not worried about safety/security but expect hassle and possibly delays...

My deepest sympathy to everyone affected.
Old Sep 12, 2001, 2:41 pm

Safe here in NYC. The American Airlines 767
flew at such a low altitude above my apartment with such a keen noise that I first thought it was a fighter plane. Seconds later, the huge sound of crush/explosion in my total disbelief. What a sight to see; it haunted me all night long.

Now another 20,000 miles of travel on UA during the rest of the month is UP in the air.

Many of my clients were in the WTC or in the vicinity and my deepest sympathy to all those affected by this tragedy.
Old Sep 12, 2001, 2:42 pm
DOC 2 BE

Sorry for similar post in the Buzz, didn't think to look here.

Obviously am A OK. Saw many people yesterday quite shaken and with respiratory difficulties, as I worked as a volunteer medical assistant for 9 hours at the Hoboken PATH/Ferry station. Quite moving that all races and religions came together to provide support and assistance to those in need. The local CVS, A & P, and bars like "The Planet" and "Texas Arizona" [and I am sure others] who lent quite a bit of material support like food, water, Gatorade, soda, paper goods, tissues, etc.

It is sad that it takes the worst of humanity to see the best of humanity.

Let's all pray and hope that the casualties are not that heavy, but I fear they will number in the thousands.

Old Sep 12, 2001, 2:47 pm
DOC 2 BE

Sorry for similar post in the Buzz, didn't think to look here.

Obviously am A OK. Saw many people yesterday quite shaken and with respiratory difficulties, as I worked as a volunteer medical assistant for 9 hours at the Hoboken PATH/Ferry station. Quite moving that all races and religions came together to provide support and assistance to those in need. The local CVS, A & P, and bars like "The Planet" and "Texas Arizona" [and I am sure others] who lent quite a bit of material support like food, water, Gatorade, soda, paper goods, tissues, etc.

It is sad that it takes the worst of humanity to see the best of humanity.

Let's all pray and hope that the casualties are not that heavy, but I fear they will number in the thousands.

Old Sep 12, 2001, 2:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Silver, Aeroplan 25K, DVC
Fine here in Abbotsford. Spent yesterday at home with a cold watching CNN. Numbed.
Old Sep 12, 2001, 2:49 pm

Programs: Delta DM
Drove past ATL on 85 today. All of Delta's planes are lined up on the taxiways. It was an eerie sight to see. Company has also put a hold on travel for two days, which makes sense considering the logistics in getting all the stranded folks home. International travel on hold a week and then is subject to managerial approval.
Old Sep 12, 2001, 2:53 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus 2MM
here in nyc, passport stuck at apt. on duane st. i just cancelled my trip jfk-sin for tomorrow, hope to go soon... god bless

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.