Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Tragedy Roll Call - Please Sign In

Tragedy Roll Call - Please Sign In

Old Sep 13, 2001, 4:27 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K 3MM
Safe but stuck in ORD until at least Sunday.

Hug someone you love.

TF
Old Sep 13, 2001, 4:39 pm

Programs: UA/1K, DL/PM, AA/PLT, NW/SLV; SW/PLT, HH/DIA
Saw both towers go out my window, but I'm still standing...
Old Sep 13, 2001, 4:41 pm

still here in SAN.

fortunately my mileage runs did not start until this weekend..so i wasn't in the air.

god bless everyone
Old Sep 13, 2001, 5:30 pm

Safe and sound in DFW. But, still numb with tears in my eyes.
Old Sep 13, 2001, 5:44 pm

Location: FLL. AA PLT 2.7MM, UA Gold MM, Delta Gold Medallion & Lifetime SC, Hilton GVIP, SGP, Hertz 5 Star

Safe but shaken in San Francisco. I was on an early BOS flight to the Coast on Monday, and yesterday I was on my way back East -- to JFK. I checked in at 6:00 am yesterday, just in time to watch my destination blowing up.

Just last week I had a visitor from Australia who really wanted to see the World Trade Center, the Capitol and the Pentagon, so we flew to/from Newark and drove from Manhattan to Arlington and back. Verrrry creepy.

I pray all are well here.

Old Sep 13, 2001, 5:45 pm

Safe and back home in Atlanta after a 3 day road trip. The family hugs felt very good this time back.
Old Sep 13, 2001, 5:47 pm

Safe and back home in Atlanta after a 3 day road trip. The family hugs felt very good this time back.
Old Sep 13, 2001, 5:49 pm

Back home and safe in Atlanta. This week was a car trip to the Carolinas. The hugs from my family on arrival felt especially good this time.

Old Sep 13, 2001, 6:29 pm
Original Member

Safe in San Jose, but very sad.

Our plans to go to Turkey for vacation last month was cancelled, o.w. we would have been returning the day of the tragedy...
Old Sep 13, 2001, 6:32 pm
FOH

Programs: DL GM, UA nobody, Marriott Gold
I am safe at home in Seattle.
Old Sep 13, 2001, 9:44 pm

Programs: DEN: WN or UA, AA LT Gold, VIA Preference Preferred
Came in from MSP Sunday on United. Went to the Bronco game Monday night. So carefree and casual. Won't be the same again. I've been hearing fighter planes flying over my house in Denver....there aren't any other kind of planes flying yet.
God Bless America...Daze
Old Sep 13, 2001, 10:20 pm

Safe but stranded in Texas for the past three days. Had a difficult time crossing the border by land from Mexico yesterday due to my citizenship. I had to cancel my flights to Europe for tomorrow.

I'll drive 16 hours tomorrow to get to LA, I just do not think that the current safety measures implemented are adequate in any way, some of them are downright laughable and I do not feel safe flying.

Hope every FTer is safe, I wish I could say the same for everyone.
Old Sep 14, 2001, 3:46 am

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Einar and I are safe in Bucharest. We were shocked to hear the news while staying in Belgrade. The people here were very subdued despite the evidence of our bombing them in 1999. We drove between cities and have two more flights until we are home at SFO on Sept 19th. During breakfast in the lounge at the Hilton in Bucharest, the TV showed the National Anthem played at the Hollywood Bowl. We stood with tears in our eyes. The govt of Romania has declared a day of mourning and everyone at noon was asked to observe a 3 min silence. It is so nice to have friends around the world at such a tragic time. God bless America.
Old Sep 14, 2001, 4:07 am
Original Member

Programs: AA, Hotels.com WelcomeRewards, Marriott Rewards, UA
Safe but stuck in Paris. Glad to see everyone posting here is ok. God bless everyone and your families and friends, and safe travels home to everyone stranded somewhere.
Old Sep 14, 2001, 4:43 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

SHINBAL is safe at home in Baltimore; after being stranded in STL for 3 days, and after a 22-hour Greyhound trip.

My first 'net stop was F'Talk and I'm glad to see all the sign-ins. God Bless us all!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.