Wiki Posts
Search

Vancouver Get Together

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2001, 3:01 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K 3MM
I can't believe that flame wars would flare up on a get together topic. <sigh>

Be assured that Canadian hospitality is still alive and well in Vancouver.

By the way, just arrived in YVR and the weather is very cool in the evening. Bring a sweater and/or coat.

See you all soon.
Old May 17, 2001, 3:38 am
Original Member

A TRANSPORTATION WARNING:

Due to the bus strike, getting taxis from the airport during rush hour times is extremely difficult. My friend waited for 2 hours starting at 4 pm today to get a cab at the airport. If you arrive on Friday during rush hour, it may be worse.

Sylvia
Old May 17, 2001, 5:26 am

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Flame war? Gosh...if this is a flame war the world has burnt down long ago.

I was just disappointed that we would show our out of town guests such mediocre places...that is all. I can't imagine how The Roxy represents Vancouver.
Village Idiot...who called you lame? I called those places lame.
Travelweary...why not tell us all what is lame? Why write such a reply if we don't all get to know...just to let us know you know how to email?

Dorian
Old May 17, 2001, 5:41 am

LAST CALL!!!

If you need transport to/from the airport,or around town, e-mail me ASAP with your arrival times and flight numbers. I will have a mini-van, and will do my best to accomodate as many people as possible. But I need to know your arrival details. I can be e-mailed at: mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

If you are desperate, or we mis-connect, I can be reached on cel at 604 377 0757.
Old May 17, 2001, 5:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Looks like the planets are aligning in very strange ways this weekend. For that reason, the possibility exists that I may well be able to join the Vancouver gathering afterall. AC Weekend Webspecial availability willing [and it looks very positive this morning], I will make a final decision later this afternoon.
Old May 17, 2001, 5:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Looks like the planets are aligning in very strange ways this weekend. For that reason, the possibility exists that I may well be able to join the Vancouver gathering afterall. AC Weekend Webspecial availability willing [and it looks very positive this morning], I will make a final decision later this afternoon.
Old May 17, 2001, 6:32 am

Programs: US3, WN, UA, AA, CO
Hope you can make it Shareholder!
Old May 17, 2001, 6:50 am
Original Member

Location: OMNI Award Winner, Recipient: Ol' Goal Personal Sootkase Tag Award. The Very Special Punki Authentic PiP Sootkase Tag, Pin, & T-Shirt. .........PRE-
doorman-

Shark Club is for sports guys and their puck bunnies...and has too much ego.
two mucho ego - sey wat?

or mebe puck bunny jus tel yu two git "the puck outta hear".

doorman, ther wuz kno kneed two slam viledge idiocentrics efort two git peeple twogathr. yu kuld hav sed, "thos ar ok plases, an hear ar sum moar thet we mite konsiter.

1) viledge idiocentric's tube stake pub
2) arturo's habanero & cerveces ice casa
3) punki's hi-heel tennis shu & skarf pub

------------------
Loving, Caring, Honest, Intelligent, Empathetic, Creative, and Giving.

[This message has been edited by arturo (edited 05-17-2001).]
Old May 17, 2001, 8:37 am
In Memoriam

I apologize if it looked like I was fanning flames. That was my first instinct, but I have never been involved in a flame war and wanted to keep my record intact even if it meant biting off my lower lip. I had e-mailed VillageIdiot, and I (dumbly maybe) thought if he was keeping up with this board, he would be more likely to read his e-mail. Why Dorian took that so personally I don't know. Again, sorry.
Old May 17, 2001, 9:00 am

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Well...personally is pushing it...but I'm sure anyone reading would believe you were referring to my post. No big deal though...'bout to head downstairs to the club to do some dancing here in BKK....

Dorian
Old May 17, 2001, 9:38 am

Location: Vancouver - UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
I juess I should have gotten up eariler today and checked this thread. I do not take things personally. I'm not mad or affended. I just though, if someone wants to organize an actual plan, great, lets go(there was very little planning involved in my ideas). I can have fun locked in a wet paper bag with a stick a leaf and a peice of gum.

Although I may lack the physical strenght to punch my way out of the bag, I'll still try to have fun with the remaining items.

I edited my posts so there wouldn't be confusion over where we were going. As I said before... The floor is yours, I have become a follower.

Edited because I spelled guess with a "j" instead of a "g". Aw hell, I'll gust leave it the way it is...

[This message has been edited by Village Idiot (edited 05-17-2001).]
Old May 17, 2001, 2:06 pm

On the subject of shopping, where can I go in Vancouver to shop for a Compaq iPAQ 3670 PDA ? So far I've only checked Radio Shack and Staples, they don't carry this model .

Old May 17, 2001, 2:11 pm

Location: Vancouver - UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Just in case another plan doesn't come together, myself and a few friends will be having dinner around 7-8pm downtown, then heading out to local clubs that we won't have to wait in line at.

If anyone wants something to do something, you are more than welcome to join up with us the Friday night, my cell # is (Edited at the advise of someone way way smarter than I am... The Chexfan) (He might be smarter, but at least I still have my appendix!!!) Email me at
excuseme_haveyouseenmyvillageanywherearoundhere@ho tmail.com
, and I'll give you my Cell #

If another plan does come together, let me know, and I'll meet where ever the group wants to go.

As I've said before, I'm easy...again, I don't want that "I'm easy" written on bathroom walls with, "For a ggod time call..." well, not unless it is in the ladies washroom.

[This message has been edited by Village Idiot (edited 05-17-2001).]
Old May 17, 2001, 2:13 pm
In Memoriam

And where's a good place to shop for (and/or taste) Canadian wine?

And...where to get a well-drawn Guinness?

[This message has been edited by TravelWeary (edited 05-17-2001).]
Old May 17, 2001, 11:39 pm
Original Member

I'm e-mailing everyone (at least the ones that I have e-mail addresses for) with my local cell phone # just in case you get lost or need info. If you don't receive it and really want the number, e-mail me.

TF

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.