Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

A "Say Something Nice about an F-T-er "Conga line!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2000, 6:28 am
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

Before I go on:

1. SOrry if this is more OMNI than Community.

2. I know Conga lines go on S.P.A.M, but I think more Flyertalkers would read it here.

All of these flame wars and personal attacks are getting me really bummed out.

So I propose that we all say something nice about a Flyertalker. OR two. Or the community in general. FOr a significant contribution or just helping out.

If one person says something nice about another person, it could start a snowball that will crush out the flames.

I'll start with a few examples:

Flyertalkers: thanks for helping each other and helping me and brightening my life.

PremEx: thank you for all of your help on the UA Thread and in everything you do for me on F-T and off the boards.

Ok, I started, who's next?

[This message has been edited by Catman (edited 11-07-2000).]
Old Nov 7, 2000, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
I recently met some new F/T friends while I was 'in transit'. The hospitality extended to me by newself at LAX was very nice. Nothing beats free drinks at CO Pres Club!

Catman, you can ask him what I had to drink. It was a toast to you with a Sammy!

Dan

Wait..Also nice meeting Tom911 and Jeff at the RCC ar BWI. Good guys.
Old Nov 7, 2000, 6:45 am
geo1004

kokonutz is the nicest nemesis a guy could ever ask for.

Old Nov 7, 2000, 7:09 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Had very nice visits with DHammer53 and JeffS this past weekend at BWI, and with Ozstamps in Sydney last month (who was nice enough to pick me up at a train station). Adds a new perspective to being a frequent flyer when you meet folks who share the same excitement you do about accumulating miles (and finding interesting ways to use them).

Old Nov 7, 2000, 9:30 am
dg1

Scott the flier's treated my wife and I to dinner twice now and even though he flies the 'enemy' <grin> he's a great guy!

Not to mention Baze and Indogulf, the only other FTers who can vouch for my existance

Old Nov 7, 2000, 10:10 am
Original Member

Programs: United, Hilton
I have not met anyone from this board in person, but I really appreciate the information and advice that is shared here by everyone. This board has such a pleasant and friendly feel (for the most part)! I enjoy the time I can spend reading and contributing.
Old Nov 7, 2000, 10:32 am

My thanks and appreciations to:

Catman: Who is even nicer in person than he is here. (If that's possible).

Punki: A wonderful dinner companion, and even classier in person. (If that's possible).

and anyone calling for reason in the quarterly flame-wars (is it me, or do these things seem to run about every 3 months)?

------------------
"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own."

[This message has been edited by Jon Toner (edited 11-07-2000).]
Old Nov 7, 2000, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I shall always be gratefull to kokolap for demonstration the proper table etiquette on eating ants!

Man has evolved!
Old Nov 7, 2000, 11:10 am
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
A truckload of thanks to nathan detroit for his too-numerous-to-count, off-board generosities regarding career contacts, juicy WWII experiences and the occasional UA certificate.

Oh yeah. I suppose a thanks should also go out to newself for his misplaced loyalties in the Pacific Division, for which I would otherwise just be yapping at myself about the NBA.
Old Nov 7, 2000, 11:26 am
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
Wow, if I started making a list of all the nice things I have to say about FlyerTalkers, I would slow down the system for a week.

So I will just name a couple that pop immediately into my mind and beg you to all understand that there are dozens and dozens more that I haven't named.

AnnaS and her mom for entertaining me in Chicago when I was stuck there one Sunday. Oh yeah, and shopping. Can't forget shopping.

Letiole, TWIZ and Rod for an amazing day sailing in SFO Bay.

Catman for all the fun we have shared playing in the Big Apple.

PremEx, Randy and QuietLion for sharing their fabulous store of knowledge and helping me appear at least half smart.

Mweiss, Comicwoman and Smooth for making me laugh.

Koko, Essxjay, auh20 and George for providing so much entertainment.

dgolds, ausTXhiker and johna for being such warm friends and charming gentlemen.

Danielle and Kyklin for being so beautiful and happy and filling my heart with joy, just to be around them.

TravelWeary and Michael for the good times we have shared.

All the rest of you (you know who you are) who have brightened my days by sharing your company and so many delightful surprises.

And, last but not least, Rudi just for being Rudi and having the common courtesy to be just a little bit older than I.

Old Nov 7, 2000, 12:46 pm
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

I don't want to single out anyone (I had to PremEX because he's such a special case -- You are a true BIG BRUDDAR.

I really like so many of you.

But how could I could forget to say something nice about one of my bestest friends and best advisors: the great and noble wanderlust SORRY I FORGOT U MAN!

If you can't think of something nice to say about a Flyeratlker, think about a special friend you made thanks to this board.

Like myself and oh so many!

Like Geo and KOKO, where one would do just about anything to help the other.

Old Nov 7, 2000, 4:24 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Premier Exec, Starwood Gold, Marriott Silver
I am so grateful to all the FTers that I've met who've shared so much of their expertise and themselves with me. Many of you (way too many to list and you know who you are) have become like family and my life has been made even richer because of it.

Also, the FT gatherings have given me a good excuse to visit so many places that I had never been to before (not that I usually need too much excuse to travel).

------------------
Regards,
- Anna

[This message has been edited by AnnaS (edited 11-07-2000).]
Old Nov 7, 2000, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
I can say nice things about all the FTers that I met in person in San Antonio this weekend. Seeing the community spirit (despite the incessant negativity from some quarters) actually convinced me to attend a FT event.

I met about a dozen and a half great people, and had interesting and fun conversations with each of them. About 2/3 of the particpants have known each other for at least a year, yet they all made those of us that were newbies to the process feel at home.
Old Nov 7, 2000, 5:11 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (mostly earned on CO)
Thanks to wonderful hosts like Punki, Catman, flyme2, and Brigitte for organizing and putting on wonderful, fun parties in Seattle, New York, and Montreal last year.

Thanks for great companionship to AnnaS for all the dinners together when we were both stationed in the Boston area on projects.

Thanks, Randy Peterson, for hosting a great board.

Thanks to a couple of very generous FT friends, who shall remain anonymous. Upon seeing my travel itneraries, they sent me, unsolicited, upgrade coupons.
Old Nov 7, 2000, 6:41 pm
In Memoriam: Original Member

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
WOW! What a great thread Catbuddy!

Where do I start...? Thanks to:

Punki for letting sleep on the boat and for introducing me to her niece
essxjay for letting me talk smack with her...she takes it so well and for letting me be her boatmate in Seattle
dgolds for his constant pranks...(it is your turn to buy buddy!)
Stimpy and auh20 for always calling me late at night to go out drinking with them when I just got home from a night of drinking
old gold for my original "Old Gold FlyerTalk Luggage Tag"
MrLimo for offering to be a mileage run buddy
Shadow for moving to SoCal
Hunnybear & Quietlion for also moving to SoCal even though one of them doesn't eat dessert
smooth for ordering extra dessert for me in Seattle (ate by Kokonutz)
PremEx who took the time on a Sunday to write a very long personal email in response to a question that I asked him
TravelWeary my Guinness buddy
Rudi for helping to get this board moving, for the PIP chocolate tasting contest, and the Cuban he gave in Anaheim at the WineCellar
TropicalFlyer who is a very good friend
Randy for wowing us at the PIP
my ex-girlfriend for living out of state and getting me interested in Frequent Flying

And last but not least...Catman & Cmdr Catcop...what can I say good buddy, we've had fun and there is more to come. Thanks for letting me the 6 time Acting CMDR CATCOP!

And to all of you that I did not list above, please know that I read many of your posts and I usually find myself laughing out loud and enjoying them.

[This message has been edited by newself (edited 11-07-2000).]

[This message has been edited by newself (edited 11-07-2000).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.