Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Anyone on Flyer Talk want to get together and visit Iran?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone on Flyer Talk want to get together and visit Iran?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2000, 1:18 pm
MolsonMiler

And getting lost in a strange land is actually quite fun
Some more "fun" than others I feel sure!

Old Nov 7, 2000, 5:57 pm

Iran sounds pretty exciting to me. I wouldn't be able to hit there until about December of 2001 or Jan 2002. If all goes well I'll be about half way into a year of wandering at that point.

I talked with an Uzbeki freind who has traveled in Iran, she said the markets in Terhan are the best place to buy gold jewelry. Rings and other items are sold by weight at bargain prices.

Old Nov 8, 2000, 11:01 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
I just had a buddy studying for his masters in Middle Eastern Studies who spend two months last summer in Iran. Iranians have no problem with Americans. It's the US Government they dislike.
Old Nov 21, 2000, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
The possible early April 2001 tour mentioned above will not suit me or others who may join the UA new "around-the-world" flight which starts April 1. That also sounds like it will be fun:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum95/HTML/000727.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.