Wiki Posts
Search

Too long of a hiatus

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2000, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Too long of a hiatus

What is the longest anyone has gone w/o FT? I never realized how much I became dependent upon the community here to keep my spirits up on long tiresome days (and nights). And as I have said before I am forever grateful. Now, I am very glad to report that I am back (that is <i>if</i> anyone missed me).

Well, if you recall or not, I made the x-country move from PHL to SEA and I have been really out of touch with FT and the internet over the past 7 weeks. Of course, with the new job and new living arrangement it has all been for the best (except for the horrific experience we had with a potential landlord). But I have really discovered how much I enjoy the people on FT and I'll thank you all again. It's a testament to that saying that you don't appreciate what you have until you lose it (or some variation there of).

I was going to post a chronicle of the drive, but I decided not to bore everyone. My only tip is if you are ever in Southwestern South Dakota, try to visit the Badlands. It truly is awe inspiring, especially at dusk/sundown.

So, chexfan is alive and kicking in the Pacific Northwest and I've been forced to fly a <b>new</b> airline for the new job. i thank everyone who gave me tips for the x-country move and their well wishes.

Now, I am off to read some of the topics that I have missed
Old Oct 26, 2000, 10:35 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
wlecome back and we wait for your contributions again (but reading, after 7 weeks, may take you busy some time ...).
Old Oct 26, 2000, 10:57 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

A real pleasure to see you back, chexfan.
Old Oct 26, 2000, 11:58 am

Programs: USAir AA Hilton
Welcome back ! And you were definitely missed
Old Oct 26, 2000, 12:32 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
Originally posted by chexfan:
[B]What is the longest anyone has gone w/o FT?
Well, in early '99 I was apprised of the fact that this would be a good place for me, but my web setup prevented me from writing until the new format in something like March of this year, so a whole year ... this last time was about 2 weeks, which is about twice as long as I'd like to go without.
Old Oct 26, 2000, 1:10 pm
geo1004

So. Is SEA all it's cracked up to be?

Or do you miss us stuffy shirts on the east coast?

Old Oct 26, 2000, 5:34 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat 2MM, HH expired!, "Good Kid Club" (Silver)
Welcome back, chexfan! I have been rather neglectful of the boards (and certainly the Chat room!) of late myself, so I know what you are saying.

Feel free to post a Trip Report on that board. -I don't think anyone would mind that there are no planes involved!

-KP
Old Oct 27, 2000, 10:49 am

Chexfan: Welcome back.

Personally, I'd ENJOY reading the drive. I put on serious odometer mileage myself, and can have grown to love tales of bizarre sights, greasy spoon diners and the ocassional awe-inspiring view.

------------------
"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own."
Old Oct 28, 2000, 7:54 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Chexie,

Welcome to Seattle! I grew up in South Jersey about 15 miles from Philadelphia and have lived in the Seattle area about 15 years now (moved here from Tampa though...after college). If you can make it through your first rainy and gloomy winter here, you'll do just fine. Take a trip to Arizona or Hawaii in Jan-Feb and you'll feel great! Anyway, if you start to crave real east coast Italian food (nothing gourmet...just the real stuff), pizza (Seattleites like it thick with la-dee-da stuff on it like pesto, jalapenos and pineapple), a local source for Tastykakes, scrapple (yuck) etc. Just let me know and I'll give you some suggestions.

When I head back to the Delaware Valley, the only thing I still crave after all these years away is a trip to Reading Terminal for some fishcakes and a dessert of some shoefly pie!

------------------
Addicted to airline miles? Check out: The Airline Mileage Workshop
Old Oct 28, 2000, 8:02 am
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
Yes, chexfan, welcome to the great Pacific Northwest. I look forward to meeting you at one of the next Seattle FT Get Togethers, or wherever. You know how those FlyerTalkers get around.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.