FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Too long of a hiatus
View Single Post
Old Oct 26, 2000, 10:31 am
chexfan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Too long of a hiatus

What is the longest anyone has gone w/o FT? I never realized how much I became dependent upon the community here to keep my spirits up on long tiresome days (and nights). And as I have said before I am forever grateful. Now, I am very glad to report that I am back (that is <i>if</i> anyone missed me).

Well, if you recall or not, I made the x-country move from PHL to SEA and I have been really out of touch with FT and the internet over the past 7 weeks. Of course, with the new job and new living arrangement it has all been for the best (except for the horrific experience we had with a potential landlord). But I have really discovered how much I enjoy the people on FT and I'll thank you all again. It's a testament to that saying that you don't appreciate what you have until you lose it (or some variation there of).

I was going to post a chronicle of the drive, but I decided not to bore everyone. My only tip is if you are ever in Southwestern South Dakota, try to visit the Badlands. It truly is awe inspiring, especially at dusk/sundown.

So, chexfan is alive and kicking in the Pacific Northwest and I've been forced to fly a <b>new</b> airline for the new job. i thank everyone who gave me tips for the x-country move and their well wishes.

Now, I am off to read some of the topics that I have missed