Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oct 27 - 6 hours at JFK

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2000, 10:25 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Oct 27 - 6 hours at JFK

Im arriving on Oct 27 at 0600 to JFK from EZE and have a 6 hour layover until I catch the 1200 UA801 to NRT. Would anybody like to join me for a drink?

I will be camping out at the UA International First Class lounge. What are the rules regarding invitation of guests to these lounges? I was thinking of just trying to sweet-talk a guest or two into the lounge, else we can just meet up and have a drink somewhere else.

------------------
Gaucho100K
Old Oct 24, 2000, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle

OK, so it looks like I cant have any guests at the 1st lounge... so I will buy drinks at the RCC (is there one?) or somewhere else...

Nobody at JFK on the 27th ???

------------------
Gaucho100K
Old Oct 24, 2000, 3:49 pm

I believe that if someone is not departing on a flight from Terminal 7 (the terminal you'll be using), security will give them a hard time (i.e. not allow them to go through). The RCC is after the security check-point.
Old Oct 24, 2000, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
I'd love to meet you, but I'm busy in the morning. Maybe on the return.

Welcome to NY.
Home of the soon to be World Champion YANKEES.

Dan
Old Oct 24, 2000, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Gaucho, you clearly have TOO many miles in your account this year! Inexcuseable behaviour.

Any other red blooded FT'er would get re-routed on your obvious C of F fully changeable paid ticket EZE-JFK-ORD-IAD-JFK or whatever to kill the time, and make another 10,000 extra points or whatever with all the 400% UA bonuses in place then for high tiers like yourself. Drink on the planes.

------------------
~ Glen ~

[This message has been edited by ozstamps (edited 10-24-2000).]
Old Oct 25, 2000, 12:29 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally posted by NYC1:
I believe that if someone is not departing on a flight from Terminal 7 (the terminal you'll be using), security will give them a hard time (i.e. not allow them to go through). The RCC is after the security check-point.
At one time, security at JFK terminal 7 checked boarding passes assiduously prior to passing through the checkpoint. However, this requirement has been relaxed for over a year, a little before the RCC itself wound up on the gate side of security. I usually find myself in this terminal every few weeks and have NEVER been asked for my boarding pass since the renovation was complete. Hence, I would be very surprised if guests encountered any problems.
Old Oct 25, 2000, 12:45 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally posted by Gaucho100K:

OK, so it looks like I cant have any guests at the 1st lounge... so I will buy drinks at the RCC (is there one?) or somewhere else...

Nobody at JFK on the 27th ???

Drink options at the terminal 7 RCC may be few and far between in the morning. The bar tender usually doesn't show up until 3:00ish although there may be some other options available to you earlier; I am just not sure when. If it doesn't work out and you are looking to kill some time, you can exit the club, head over to the gate 11 area and then hop on the van that shuttles between terminals 6 and 7 every 10 minutes or so. Once there, you can check out the terminal 6 RCC; I believe the bar tender is on duty all day and Catman speaks rather highly of him. When you're all done; just hop back on the van and pop back into the terminal 7 RCC.

Although I cannot speak about official policy, I have found most of the JFK RCC staff to be very accommodating so it cannot hurt to ask about first class lounge access for a guest. Especially if my GA Barbara Turner is on duty, it MAY help to mention my name and how we've been buddies for so many years .

I'd love to meet with you but I'll be at the terminal 7 RCC on 10/31, 11/7, 11/11 and 11/15. Are you sure you can't wait?

[This message has been edited by LarryU (edited 10-25-2000).]
Old Oct 25, 2000, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Thanks for all the information. I dont have to be in the lounge all day, so if anybody has some time to kill elsewhere at JFK, then Im open to suggestions.
Old Oct 25, 2000, 11:04 am
Commander Catcop

Gaucho: could not come because:

1. I only go to JFK if I really really have to.

2. It was during working hours.

Sorry. But in Terminal 6, the bartenders at the RCC there are wonderful. Plural:

Claude the bartender with the Beret
Jenny from Long Island/QUeens who always have a great story to tell.

And they serve up some great Sam Adams. They have the regular and the seasonal brews there.

But I have more fun at the JFK RCC in Terminal 7 with partymeister Larry U in charge!

Enjoy your trip!
Old Oct 25, 2000, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the tips, Catman. With about 6 hours to kill, maybe I will grab a drink in T6 and T7... Too bad you can't make it.

What about the DUS gathering, will u be there ??

Thanks again,

------------------
Gaucho100K

[This message has been edited by Gaucho100K (edited 10-25-2000).]
Old Oct 25, 2000, 3:59 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Sorry but it's a bad day for me too! Next time!
Old Oct 25, 2000, 4:33 pm
Commander Catcop

Gaucho, I will NOT make DUS because there's a personal trip I must take that weekend. So have fun for me and maybe I'll meet you someday soon -- if NOT at my Catman DO TROIS>
Old Oct 25, 2000, 4:48 pm
Original Poster

Im still not sure about the DO TROIS event... Im juggling to make the DUS (confirmed) and I want to make it to Rudi's Whistler 1 day skiing trip, but I will see... would love to make that one too.

------------------
Gaucho100K

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.