Wiki Posts
Search

Announcing the Catman Do TROIS!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2000, 6:44 am
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

Announcing the Catman Do TROIS!

THE PROPOSED DATES FOR THE CATMAN DO TROIS!!!

Here's the deal: If you have ANY interest in attending, you can pick A first choice weekend and and a second choice weekend.

Here are the proposed weekends:

March 2-4th
March 9-11th
March 16-18th
March 23-25th
March 30-April 1

(Which weekend is Easter because that weekend would be OUT for me! )

April 20-22nd
April 27-29th

May 4-6th

The weekends of April 6th-8th and APril 13-15th are OUT because it's aroudn the birthdays of some very special friends that I plan to celebrate.

SO shoot off your suggestions.

About the events:

A Saturday night Dinner -- West Bank cafe has the early lead
Sunday Brunch -- Maybe we can go back to Sazarach House like last year
Friday night -- open, some want Forno's in Newark, NJ if you all don't mind coming to New Jersey (and hey, maybe Yaz & EDDIE will make a guest appearance!)

The rest of the weekend is yours to enjoy.

Thanks for considering joining me in my favorite city in the world!

[This message has been edited by Catman (edited 09-27-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Catman (edited 09-27-2000).]
Old Sep 27, 2000, 7:00 am

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member

...i will wait here by my computer til the news breaks!

Dorian

------------------
Dorian's Star Alliance RTW Price Chart: http://www.informationlab.com/rtw.htm
Blondebomber's Star Alliance Comparison Chart: http://members.home.net/deercroft/starall00.html
Old Sep 27, 2000, 7:03 am

I think this would be a wonderful way for me to discover NYC!
Old Sep 27, 2000, 7:15 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Catman... is this an open event or is it by invitation only...?

(pls. pardon my candor)

------------------
Gaucho100K
Old Sep 27, 2000, 10:51 am

If we're looking for March, could I request March 3-4-5 or March 17-18-19? That middle week will be Caitlin's birthday party.

Selfish, I know.

------------------
"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own."
Old Sep 27, 2000, 10:57 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
more selfishness here:
march-2 my birhtday,
march-5 Gisela and I married
Old Sep 27, 2000, 11:07 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Great news!

Waiting for the added details so as to block off the event days!

BTW- West Bank sounds fine to me. It would be a first for me. If you're open to suggestions, you might also consider Cite!

[This message has been edited by doc (edited 09-27-2000).]
Old Sep 27, 2000, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
This New Yorker will be happy to attend and meet some of you.

<<<will be happy to be a personal tour guide. Anyone up for Coney Island in Brooklyn? We can get some Nathan's hotdogs. Then stop in to ANY bakery for some really good cake.
FYI Coney Island is about 20 minutes away from JFK. Sometimes, depending on the flight approach, you can see the beach out the left hand side of the plane. That's the Carnarsie approach. My favorite. I can see my old house. Ahhhhh

Dan
50th post
Now if only I could make it to 50,000 with UA.
Old Sep 27, 2000, 11:46 am

Programs: UA Million Miler (mostly earned on CO)
Catman: Don't forgot about possibly having one of the events in downtown Newark! (I hope, I hope!) We will be in the midst of The Sopranos third season when the "trois" rolls around.
Old Sep 27, 2000, 3:24 pm

Since I had business conflicts for the first 2, I will definitely try to make this one!!!
Old Sep 27, 2000, 4:50 pm
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

Two more things about the C-D Trois:

*There's NO RUSH for picking a date. I just want a general idea where most interest is.

*Just an advisory that the Saturday dinner (and depending on turnout for Friday's thing) WILL BE PRE-PAID!!! If you want to attend, you will have to pre-pay! I promise to have a restaurant for Saturday selected early and prices provided. THERE WILL BE NO DINNER LOTTERY LIKE LAST YEAR. THIS WAY EVERYONE SHOWS UP AND THERE IS NO CREDIT CARD CHAOS AT THE END OF DINNER!

OK? Again, questions or suggestions please e-mail me.

Thanks and six months to the TROIS!

ANd Randy, I hope you can come as well!
Old Sep 27, 2000, 5:33 pm

Catman, please count me in. This is so far in the future, that any of those dates are good for me.

I also like the idea of diversity by having part of the event in Newark for some good Spanish/Portuguese food. This way, the "alley cats" can represent with some pride.

Please keep us posted.
Old Sep 27, 2000, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
16th/17th of March would be best with me and it is also St.Patrick's Day weekend which should be a blast in the NYC/NJ region [McSORLEY's here we come!]. Second best for me would be the 24th/25th of March or even the 31st/1st of April.

Like dgolds, I would be curious to see more of Newark, having now been exposed to 8 episodes of THE SAPRANOS. The rest of the first and second series will be unreeling each night a 10 through this week and next on our CTV television. (That's on free TV up here.)

Back to the purpose of this posting: My calendar for 20001 indicates that Easter is on the 15th of April, but Passover and Palm Sunday are on the 8th. Any later in April is not really good for me, as I am off to South Africa on the 25th and couldn't justify the weekend of the 20th. Won't be back until mid-May. (BA First all the way...oh joy!)

Gaucho100K, as far as I am led to believe, any FlyerTalker in good standing who asks politely will likely get an invite from Catman. And particularly someone who can appreciate the finer aspects of a perfectly cooked, fork tender pound of beef. I would certainly think Catman would want to compare notes with you, based on our own "conversation" a few weeks ago about the finer things Buenos Aires has to offer in this regard. But if you do come, you must bring me a box of Havannas: no Catman, not the ones you and Cigarman savor, but Alfajores! If you've ever had one, you wouldn't have to ask about the difference. (But let's just say they are Argentina's answer to Krispy Kremes.)

[This message has been edited by Shareholder (edited 09-27-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Shareholder (edited 09-27-2000).]
Old Sep 27, 2000, 5:43 pm

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
Any date is fine for Sondra and I. We'll be there.
Old Sep 27, 2000, 5:59 pm

Location: controlling the internets from an underground bunker
Programs: So l33t that I don't need a wallet full of cards to prove it. Black is the new Gold.
3/16-18 or the last 2 weekends in April are my 1st choice, 3/24 and 3/31 are my 2nd choices.

How about a Saturday Matinee Broadway show?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.