Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seattle Party--The Final Plans

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2000, 8:36 pm
In Memoriam: Original Member

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
Catman, if I figured it out right, you owe me a whole bar! TravelWeary owes me for the US Air Club pass and dgolds owes me just because he is from NoCal. Other than that, it should be just another quiet weekend in Seattle. But I do owe Shadow a few so maybe Seattle won't be the same after the FlyerTalk group gets done with it!

Old Sep 25, 2000, 6:41 am
Commander Catcop

Newself, if I owe you a bar... then you'll get it.

But you'll have to come to Vegas to run it:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum...ML/000152.html

A classic thread from some time ago.

FYI: the place is still vacant so we can all leave our positions and go there and have fun.

When I have time I'll expand the staff.

But one more necessity: When comicwoman is on tour... the featured entertainment in the "kit Kit Lounge" is...

Catman does his greatest hits, ending with "I will Survive!"

Old Sep 25, 2000, 7:04 pm

I'm unable to make the party 9/29/00 in Seattle.I hope to meet all of you somewhere in the near future.
Old Sep 26, 2000, 1:53 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: UA1K MM, HHonors Diamond + many more
Sadly I just recieved the news that my father has passed away (brain tumor). So I will be driving up to Bellingham Saturday morning for the memorial services. I will be back for dinner at Chinooks but will miss the sailing etc. Punki could you get me the address for Chinooks via e-mail in case I need to come direct from Bellingham. This wasn't a real shock as he had been getting progressively worse in the last few weeks and the family was prepared for it. Luckily I am in the area with my friends for the weekend so it works out both ways I guess.
Old Sep 26, 2000, 1:57 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Condolences to you and the family Scott.

I too have had a similar experience.
Old Sep 26, 2000, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Scott...So sorry to hear the sad news about your father. Please accept my deepest sympathy at the loss to you and your family.
Old Sep 26, 2000, 3:24 pm

Scott, Jackie & I offer our condolences to you and your family.
Old Sep 26, 2000, 4:10 pm

Programs: UA 1PMM,AAG; usedtobeelite
Please accept my sympathy and empathy, also, Scott. No matter how well prepared I thought I was, it was nonetheless a very difficult time. Don’t hesitate to talk with others about it this weekend.
Old Sep 26, 2000, 4:44 pm
In Memoriam

Thanks everyone as always FTer's come through for each other. I will toast his memory with friends and loved ones.
Old Sep 26, 2000, 5:36 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (mostly earned on CO)
Scott, please accept my sympathies, too.
Old Sep 26, 2000, 7:43 pm
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
So very sorry to hear of your loss, Scott. You are in our thoughts.
Old Sep 26, 2000, 8:03 pm
Commander Catcop

Scott, I started a separate thread of Condolences and wish you well
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum95/HTML/000605.html

If you need ot talk this weekend as others suggested please don't hestitate to do so.

Old Sep 26, 2000, 8:59 pm
In Memoriam: Original Member

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
Scott, I am very sorry to hear of your loss! I hope that as your second family, we can be of comfort to you!
Old Sep 26, 2000, 9:37 pm
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
Thot some of you might be interested in a review from this past weekend of Wild Ginger, which just recently moved to Third and Union for a much needed expansion (so I hear). The reviewer is a colleague and trusted foodie ...

S: The new Wild Ginger is great. Much bigger, more suave, distinguished — and yet they kept the same great food. The old place was cozier, but they didn't lose much here. I'm sure anything you order there is good. There are a few versions of shashimi tuna (ours was Hanoi), we had a curried pork, and the lettuce cups were delicious. And — flash! — there are several banquet rooms off the balcony, so I'm sure you could accommodate 30. The place is quite the operation — wild success. We fell out of there and into Benaroya for some good music. Plus Brooklyn is on the other corner, and the Art Museum. What more could you ask for? . . . R
Old Sep 27, 2000, 8:24 am
In Memoriam

Punki and essxjay

Please set one more place for Friday and Saturday dinner as my lovely wife Erlinda will be coming also so we can attend the memorial services together. Thanks for all the time and effort in setting up a super weekend.

------------------
Cheers Scott

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.