Search

Flyertalk loses it's "Heart"

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2000, 2:58 pm
PG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
Originally posted by wharvey:
I am guessing the impatience is due to the fact that the "old timers" know where everything is... or are experts when it comes to frequent flier programs.
Actually the impatience is due to the fact that old timers know that it exists somewhere, but they themselves cannot find it with search.
Old Aug 31, 2000, 3:21 pm

Programs: DL DM UA AA Hilton Starwood
Catman

FlyerTalk may be losing a little "Heart". But after meeting you for the first time, I think yours grows a little each day.

Old Aug 31, 2000, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

PG:
Old Sep 1, 2000, 10:44 pm

Catman,

I have only been on FT for a day now and I can see the impact you have on this board. If what you are saying is correct (and it appears to be) then you have good reason to cut back on post, but I hope you don't. I would really like to get to know you better.

May I suggest HotTalk on TRIP.com it's a great board - though they are experiencing some problems with threads going bad - but the people and information is wonderful.

------------------
Onic
http://go.to/iapdb
"Life Is A Journey Not A Guided Tour"
Old Sep 4, 2000, 11:09 pm

I concur. I've met some great folks on this board and made some great memories with them, but the flavor of the board has changed. Not saying it's bad necessarily, just not for me.

------------------
No worries
Old Sep 5, 2000, 11:54 am
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

wanderlust Bruddar... what you say is true and it hurts me that you have cut back because of "the flavor" of the board has changed. It hurts. And it's so true. It's prompted me to cut back as well.

I'm getting the feeling more and more than this place is not for me either.

What's sad is that what attracted someone with a lot to off this forum like wanderlust (and other's) is going, going gone. And that's very sad

The good thing is out of this that you have build up great friendships, especially with a certain cat buddy! ANd I have found one of the bestest friends I am honored to know! Thanks man!

onot: I would give F-T a chance. I just hope the wars calm down. Or it will soon become a place not for me.

[This message has been edited by Catman (edited 09-05-2000).]
Old Sep 7, 2000, 1:02 am

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Things change.

Would love to comment on this thread, but the sense of "hurt" expressed by some would be compounded many times.

I'll never understand folks that live in cyberspace.
Old Sep 7, 2000, 3:57 am
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

I don't know what's more aggrevating...

1. the Pop up ads...

2. The recently growth in flaming and other attacks and this one criticizing that one.

Well it seems this post was in vein and I guess few people if any listen or care what I have to say.

My heart's not in it anymore and I"m thisclose to taking my soul away.

SO happy fighting. I hope you are all happy.
Old Sep 7, 2000, 8:08 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
Originally posted by Catman:
I don't know what's more aggrevating...

1. the Pop up ads...
Are these new, or have the popper-uppers finally figured how to get around the firewall thingys? [btw, I usually use Lynx, which is ads-incompatible, but today that server is hiccupping, so here I am on Juno or whatever it is, the world's most ad-friendly environment]

2. The recently growth in flaming and other attacks and this one criticizing that one.
Just talk around people. Works reasonably well. If their bulk appears in the middle of a thread, just go around as if nothing were there.
Old Sep 7, 2000, 8:20 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Excellent advice from violist above!

Please do NOT be discouraged CATMAN!
Old Sep 7, 2000, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold

Catman .. this must be the 200th time in 3 months I have seen you seek reassurance of your own ego that you need others to tell you not to "go away".

Do it. You are a big boy.

You don't like what you see ..... get out of Dallas.

You never will of course, but get a life and stop seeking others to back you up.

IMHO.

------------------
~ Glen ~
Old Sep 7, 2000, 8:49 am
In Memoriam: Original Member

Opinions are like a$$holes...everyone has at least one. Apparently so does FT.
Old Sep 7, 2000, 8:59 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, DL Silver, TSA Harassee
Ozzie,

Edited at the (good) suggestion of Mvic.

------------------
Futility =
Engaging in a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.

[This message has been edited by CameraGuy (edited 09-07-2000).]
Old Sep 7, 2000, 10:44 am

Let this be the last thread of this type please, and above all lets stop these futile personal attacks (is calling someone what raeban did going to be tolerated on FT $$ notwithstanding?). They aren't positive or useful contributions.

Cameraguy, regardless of whether you are right or wrong, you are accusing Oz of doing what you yourself are doing in the above post, it is just not helpful. If you absolutely have to comment in a negative way then Premex's example seems adequate and best IMO and is unlikely to add fuel to further negativity.

[This message has been edited by Mvic (edited 09-07-2000).]
Old Sep 7, 2000, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ozstamps...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.