Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

WineDO 10.5, Saturday, January 27, 2018, New York, NY!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WineDO 10.5, Saturday, January 27, 2018, New York, NY!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2017, 6:58 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by DLroads
Hi all,

An important update- I share the news that the buildings around our usual location, including the same building have been purchased by a developer who will demolish the buildings in early January :-(
Sadly, it also means that our usual location will not be in existence. Ithaka has been in business for several decades, providing the best Greek food experience and QPR in the city, standing up against the best from Astoria to Santorini, and virtually any Greek location I can think of. We have been working to find an alternate spot that meets the crowd's standards (actually, we have few 'finalists' already). I will follow up. Don't worry, you will be well treated. If you are in the neighborhood, please go there to have dinner/lunch until 11-26-2017, which would be the last day in operation. They have treated us very well over the years. I encourage you to drop by and enjoy a great meal. I will post here the new location of the chef once it is finalized as well (though the likelihood it will be prior to WD10.5 is low)

But to the good news regarding alternate location: Please stay tuned for a new location, as we have finalists in mind and they are all great :-)
That's too bad, I just looked at the menu, it's fantastic, but I don't get to the upper East side too often....sorry to have missed this place
Old Nov 16, 2017, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Originally Posted by owlwoman
That's too bad, I just looked at the menu, it's fantastic, but I don't get to the upper East side too often....sorry to have missed this place
Not missed yet! They are in business until 11-26. Go there and treat yourself to an outstanding Greek meal!
Old Nov 24, 2017, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Pizza wine tastings are within the authority of dh under fat tuesday rules, please refer to the appropriate Fat Tuesday thread.
​​​​​​​Wrong board.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Any resto updates? I'm deciding on what food-appropriate wine to bring should I select a non-bubbling option.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 8:34 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Looks like I’m out due to work responsibilities.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
It remains Greek, EB1 . While I believe I finalized the location across the bridge, I just don't want to announce unless I shook hands and agreed with them, along with a Greek speaking Greek friend.
Guest of honor- Ithaka owner+some great Greek library wines to celebrate the fact we were a good crowd for so many years
Old Dec 15, 2017, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

New location announced!
y'all. Thank you for your patient... Well, if you'd like Ithaka, you would LOVE the new location. It's Greek. It's great. It's the best of the best, and many Greek people will be jealous hearing that we got the spot!
Welcome to agnanti,
Why? Because Greek food is great.
Where is it? 19-23 Ditmars Blvd, Astoria, NY 11105. We are going into the Greek neighborhood across the bridge to test the best bubbles against the best food.
Can we see more about the place? Yes, you can :-) Home

What's on the menu? you'll be well taken care of. I sat yesterday with the owners and finalize the details. They'll serve it. You'll it it. Want more? They'll serve you even more LOL.

Same prices, same start time, same rules apply. I will send paypal info over the weekend (same as last year, if you have it). As for the rest, stay tune, yamas!
Old Dec 15, 2017, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Agnanti is excellent. It's a cozy restaurant on the outskirts of Astoria. The food is as authentic as it gets and the service is genuine. Should be a great evening.
DLroads likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 2:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by justforfun
Agnanti is excellent. It's a cozy restaurant on the outskirts of Astoria. The food is as authentic as it gets and the service is genuine. Should be a great evening.
I expect to see you along with my fellow Greek speakers who will join, justforfun. If you will join it will be a track record of five Greek speakers among the guests, before restaurant crew
Old Dec 15, 2017, 3:18 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Thanks for the update: I am Ticketed and Confirmed.. Not sure where I will be staying..does anyone have a line on a FT type hotel deal for NYC the night of the dinner? Is so, I would be delighted if you share.

Last edited by Flying Machine; Dec 15, 2017 at 3:40 pm
Old Dec 15, 2017, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
What's on the menu?
Wine Announcement Alert: A very small producer Champagne.
Domaine Lancelot-Royer Blanc de Blancs Grand Cru Brut 'Cuvée des Chevaliers'

http://dev.northberkeleyimports.com/...chevaliers.pdf
Old Dec 15, 2017, 8:30 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Thanks for the update: I am Ticketed and Confirmed.. Not sure where I will be staying..does anyone have a line on a FT type hotel deal for NYC the night of the dinner? Is so, I would be delighted if you share.
I just got a pretty awesome LNF claim approved for the JW Marriott Essex House (and the competing rate is still there if anyone else wants to try, PM me) but it requires a 2-night stay 1/26-1/28 (it doesn't come up on a 1-night search)
Old Dec 17, 2017, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Y'all

See your PM for paypal address (same as last year, for repeaters). Also, if you prefer to send a check, PM me for address. Or, use the same address you used last year and let me know its coming
Old Dec 19, 2017, 9:33 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt, Marriott Silver
Hi,
Sounds great, but now that it's in Astoria, I'll probably drive there instead of train....so two questions, is there parking and are there any other attendees coming from the Westchester area who would like to drive with me? And of course, this is all weather permitting
Old Dec 22, 2017, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
I'm out. We have a big birthday party to attend.

See you on June 3, 2018 at North Square for WineDo 11.

dh

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.