Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

WineDO 10.5, Saturday, January 27, 2018, New York, NY!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2017, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)

Hi all,

This time of the year, again! following the pathway set by dhammer53, and extended by the monitor, I hereby announce that WineDO 10.5 will take place on Saturday, January 27, 2018, in New York, New York-- So nice, they've named it twice (Yes, that one! the one that is cold in the winter, hot in the summer, and generally not user friendly the rest of the year )

So, what is wineDO 10.5? for the three of you that are not familiar (I heard someone drank too much last year and did not read the details ) , here is a brief, non useful historical background-
dhammer53 holds the annual (rounded number) wine DO's such as wineDO9, wineDO8, wineDO7, wineDO6... and going back all the way to wineDO1, that was simply called wineDO . He was so successful, that he kept going until wineDO10! (Wow!)

At some point, about once upon five years ago, monitor had a drink, and decided that frantic and him need a mid year event. On a later date, he decided that I should host wineDO 7.1/7.5 ; The two numbers were given to address two numbering systems of midyear wineDO's. Since sometimes other mid-year wineDO meetings may take place, e.g when cfischer comes to town, it will be a great idea to simply lock the number for the winter event as X.5, leaving sections below .5 for summer/fall tastings, and above .5 for winter/spring tastings. We hold wineDO x.5 irrespective of weather conditions, snow or announcement by the governor or mayor. Any doubts, please refer to wineDO 8.5's history. We pick places that are built to handle challenging conditions, no matter what. So, I also held WD9.5, and now, it's time for WineDO 10.5. If you followed so far, you are up to speed. Pour yourself a glass of bubbly wine.

Why? Because Greek food is great. (also, sadly ithaka got closed due to the developers buying half the block )
Address? of course--19-23 Ditmars Blvd, Astoria, NY 11105.
Yes, we are going into the Greek neighborhood across the bridge to test the best bubbles against the best food. Uber/lyft/cabs etc are easily accessible in the area.
Can we see more about the place? Yes, you can :-) Home
What would be the fish on the menu? we would know from the suppliers few days before the event the best fish in the market, and then we will announce it. The usual suspects in the Greek food section will certainly be there.

Price: 95. Paypal info was sent 12-17-17 (my apologies for the one day delay). Same as last year. When you paypal or send a check, please make sure to include your handle in the notes section. It makes it MUCH easier for me to follow up/update the list

Time: tent. 6:30pm/ Same rules apply- late arrivals will have to drink a bottle of wine served on the dAArk side in coach, while flying on ryan air, seat 45B. That is, if a ryan air flight actually leaves

Theme: the bubbly theme is tbd. It will most likely contain some bubbles.

What to bring: now that cfischer confirmed that he will be in attendance, I shall determine that the bubbly wine to be brought will be in line with the theme (once determined), and is subject to approval of the honorary chairperson . As deemed necessary, the honorary chairperson will be assisted with cellartracker.com.

Wines: Please state your intentions wrt wine. It will be a whine free and bubbles enrich party

Last edited by DLroads; Dec 17, 2017 at 12:34 pm
Old Oct 6, 2017, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Who's in?

As a reminder, all events are based on 'balance' point attendance. I need 20 to get it rolling the right direction.

Who on the state intentions list?
honorary chairperson
dlroads+ 1 Greek speaking fellow
krazykanuck
HPN-HRL

Eastbay1 (got check in mail)
Austin787
GrjApp
Psyduck1
Long Train Runnin
frantic+1
Zorak

aniaw6
onetess
CD+1 (from the other side)
JH (from the other side)
DC(from the other side)

Honorary guests:
George (Ithaka owner's this time joins as a guest of honor)
Kosta (Ithaka's chief of staff, joins this time as a guest of honor)

Bold==Paid

Bailed out
Bob W (Some mileage run to the other side of the world)
kirkwoodj (IRROPs? maybe next time!)
dhammer53 (birthday)
mnmag (Work is overrated lol)
Flying Machine (irrops, refund sent)
owlwoman (scheduling)
hudsonlaluna ( family commitment)
R (from the other side, grounded this morning by the doc and the flu- Feel well! )

Last edited by DLroads; Jan 27, 2018 at 11:44 am Reason: Update the list of guests, wines, payments,et al
Old Oct 6, 2017, 8:45 am
Original Poster

place saver 3

Yamas!

And no place saver 4, I found out no one goes back to the top of the thread
Old Oct 6, 2017, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Planning to be there!
DLroads likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 10:40 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
January 28 is a Sunday.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 10:58 am

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
I'm in, whether it is Saturday or Sunday of that weekend.
DLroads likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
I read the OP's post.

I'm in.
DLroads likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 1:06 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Hope I can make it!
DLroads likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 6:24 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Interested as well..
DLroads likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
A probable (I've been pretty reliable, no?) but can't guarantee, at this point.
DLroads likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 1:22 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
I'm probable, but only if the weather permits flights to operate.
DLroads likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 9:11 pm

Programs: US, HH
I'm in.
DLroads likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Arrow

I shall be there
DLroads likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
I plan to attend!
DLroads likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 7:18 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Interested
DLroads likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.