Reload this Page >

Secret Santa 2017 Official Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2017, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveman518
The wiki is an UNOFFICIAL record of gifts received. Remember to PM wharvey when you send and receive gifts!
The wiki will be maintained by steveman518, however feel free to add gifts to the wiki as you receive them.

Uploading images
To upload images directly to FT posts, click on the little image button (next to the emoji symbol) and upload files
To embed images from outside sources, place the URL of the image between IMG tags or click on the little image button and paste the URL. Make sure the URL ends in .jpg/.tiff or any other image extension. To copy an image file URL from an image uploaded to another website, right click on the image and select "copy image URL" or something similar.

Gifts Received
aquamarinesteph #1
AStarr #1 #2
AtomicLush #1
bergamini #1 #2
b00mer89 #1 #2
Bravada04 #1
BXIAN #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7
canforce #1
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 #2
Cjacq #1
ckidder331 #1 #2 #3
compubit #1 #2 #3 #4
CPH-Flyer #1 #2 #3
Dark Blue #1 #2
Deds1 #1 #2 #3
dee1843 #1
DeepUnderground #1 #2
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3
diburning #1 #2 (part 2) #3
Dogmatick #1 #2
erikatcuse #1
flo-e #1
FlyingCow #1 #2 #3
ginoa724 #1
Gregor #1
gsch #1 #2
HeavenlyJane #1 #2
holloway1000 #1
HWGeeks #1
iMedic #1
jamesteroh #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
jetset09 #1
jcnkc #1
Jinxy #1 #2
JoelThomas #1
jondabomb #1
jsds #1
Karl Gustav Annus #1 #2
kauppias #1 #2
kipper #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4
kirkwoodj #1
linzbh #1
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3
malexander131 #1
MappingChick #1 #2 #3 #4
Marcia3641 #1
mario02423 #1
mdbe #1
mdovenmuehler #1 #2
Meneer Guggenheimer #1 #2
Micp3208 #1
miko2a #1 #2
MissChele #1 #2 #3 #4
missydarlin #1
MrDplus #1 #2
nomadic.relief #1 #2
nwncl #1
obunewbie17 #1
ohlradio #1 #2
omriba #1
onetess #1
onlyairfare #1 #2
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
PandaSoPink #1
Recondite #1
Redhead #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
samosa #1 #2
sammyindc #1
sandratravels #1 #2
santina91 #1 #2
ScGhost0 #1 #2
shutterbugguy #1 #2 #3
smc333 #1
spartacus #1
sperkins921 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
steveman518 #1 #2 #3 (part 2)
stingtx #1
sweetcreamytea #1 #2
tcl #1 #2 (part 2)
Thatguyatthebar #1
token385 #1 #2 #3
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Tpa-flyer #1
tzvilev #1 #2 #3
WIRunner #1 #2 #3
WriterGirlLinds #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
yunicorner #1 #2
YVRorange #1
Print Wikipost

Secret Santa 2017 Official Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2017, 11:17 pm

So my second Secret Santa wasn't so secret to me - turns out we've met through other FT events!

Thanks for everything! The socks are exactly what I meant and will come in handy now that I'm signed up for the SunRun! The puzzle is perfect - somewhere I haven't been - and I can never have too many mittens or books (Ellen should be a good cheerful read). What really made me laugh though, was the portable charger - it's almost as though you could see me sitting on the floor in HND desperately trying to steal enough of a charge to get through Tokyo day before yesterday!

You're definitely on for that beer! Let me know when you're on this side of the country/water next!
Old Dec 22, 2017, 5:00 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
I received my Final SS gift today from Denmark �� the last day for mail here before xmas so just in time. Inside were nicely packed and wrapped. A lovely card indicated that something else was still on its way. I loved the little elf thanks secret santa.

​​​​​I will post more photos once opened
Old Dec 22, 2017, 7:00 am

Just came back from a trip to this beautiful gift from ScGhost0. Tons of great goodies knocking a serious dent in my christmas list by hitting pretty much everyone of my interests! Now i just need to make sure the google home mini doesn’t do anything my wife tells it to...
Old Dec 22, 2017, 7:30 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Eeeeek! My secret santa stuff has just arrived, just in the nick of time before Christmas. How exciting DDDD Thank you Flor!
Old Dec 22, 2017, 7:34 am

Programs: Flying Blue
My secret santa who send me 4 times an Amazon gift of 2 I already have openend, the other 2 are under the tree! One of the other gifts made my Girl laugh out loud but she does not want to tell....

I will post pics when I am back! Thanks secret Santa 1!

second secret santa
Old Dec 22, 2017, 8:46 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Gold Amb.
I just got home from work to find a package from Switzerland
Thank you so much for my new headphones, they are amazing.

I hope everyone has a great Christmas.

Old Dec 22, 2017, 8:59 am

Programs: AA EXP and 1MM, UA 1K, HH Lifetime Diamond
I am remiss in posting about the great presents that were waiting for me when I returned from Asia on Monday. I cannot post photos but want to ackowledge receipt of my wonderful gifts.

From ckideer331 I got an amazing cheeseboard with cutlery.
From my Secret Santa in Vancouver I received a beautiful book, Vancouver Confidential and two beautiful Spielgelau glasses.

And amazing Palais Des Thes - a gift that will be shared equally with Mrs DevilDawg1960 as we are both big fans a great tea.

Thanks to all three of my Santas

I have also completed the gifts for my folks with the last gift scheduled to arrive Christmas Day.

Thanks, too, to Wharvey for making this another great year.

Last edited by DevilDawg1960; Dec 22, 2017 at 9:08 am
Old Dec 22, 2017, 9:01 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by BXIAN
I arrived home from work after two LONG stress filled work days and little sleep to find a package with the most amazing gifts from Atomic Lush! She had reached out to WHarvey to ask for additional ideas. She really hit a home run! I got beautifully wrapped cookies, a lovely bottle of black truffle oil, 2 very pretty tea towels and a wonderful package of socks. I have been asking for socks for the last several years, but my pleas have fallen on deaf ears until now. These socks are so fun!

One of the really amazing things is that one of the tea towel sets matches my somewhat unusual kitchen backsplash. I love everything that you sent-thank you!!!!!
You were super fun to shop for! I am sooooo glad that you liked everything! It took a little convincing to get your cookies. Everyone was sold out for the year (TIL: apparently fresh cookies for the holidays need to be ordered months in advance) so I had to beg and plead to get these. Hope they're tasty!!
Old Dec 22, 2017, 12:10 pm

Programs: UA, Marriott, IHG, Amtrak
I came home from my business trip last night to find a Secret Santa gift waiting for me! Squee! I got a scratch-off map of the US so I could document the states where I have visited the capitols. I'm up to 34 capitols so I've got a lot to scratch off. Thanks Secret Santa!

Old Dec 22, 2017, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat | UA Gld | DL Gld
The anticipation was killing me since Tuesday but finally got my package today from my Secret Santa.
Two very nice bottles of wine a Chianti and Barolo.

I’m such a wino and absolutely adore Italian reds. Surprisingly, never had a Barolo yet. Will def age it for about two more years.

Thanks,
Santa - even though pretty sure I figured out who you are.

Old Dec 22, 2017, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA; Delta GM
Originally Posted by PandaSoPink
The anticipation was killing me since Tuesday but finally got my package today from my Secret Santa.
Two very nice bottles of wine a Chianti and Barolo.

I’m such a wino and absolutely adore Italian reds. Surprisingly, never had a Barolo yet. Will def age it for about two more years.

Thanks,
Santa - even though pretty sure I figured out who you are.

Let us know how the chianti tastes?
Old Dec 22, 2017, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
They have an escape room experience here I’ve been wanting to do for a while and revived a voucher for two in the mail today. Looking forward to doing it
Old Dec 22, 2017, 3:46 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
Just a quick update: I got packages from two of my Secret Santas which I won’t open until I get back from a trip, next week.

One from someone in NC whom I believe I might have been a Santa for in years prior, and another from someone else in Denmark I’m really looking forward to opening them!
Old Dec 22, 2017, 4:35 pm

Programs: BA GGL, NH SFC, IHG Diamond, Radisson VIP, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
My second (and last) gift got to me today (just before leaving for the airport)! The box has got perfect items for my quiet nights! This Santa actually sent me a questionnaire and obviously chose these gifts very carefully. I am soooo happy to have participated in this year's!!! Merry Christmas to all flyertalkers!!!

Old Dec 22, 2017, 8:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by BXIAN

I arrived home from work after two LONG stress filled work days and little sleep to find a package with the most amazing gifts from Atomic Lush! She had reached out to WHarvey to ask for additional ideas. She really hit a home run! I got beautifully wrapped cookies, a lovely bottle of black truffle oil, 2 very pretty tea towels and a wonderful package of socks. I have been asking for socks for the last several years, but my pleas have fallen on deaf ears until now. These socks are so fun!
Sock lab? Hmmm... And if I ever was your Santa and I missed the sock clue, I apologize. That wouldn't be like me, because I like to think I would always accommodate requests for socks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.