Reload this Page >

Korea Do - Seoul April 16-18, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Korea Do - Seoul April 16-18, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2017, 9:59 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Likely to charge you for consumption by guests at Conrad, not so much at Hilton.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by wysiwyg
Are upgrades for gold members at this hotel achievable?
Can't say, I've never stayed there before. The Hilton forum has a long standing thread on the Conrad Seoul that probably has an answer for you...
Old Mar 24, 2017, 11:42 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Thanks Fifa for sharing the info about the flash sale at the Conrad. May consider switching from the Ibis Styles Myeongdong to the Conrad. A bit more expensive, but a totally different class of hotel. As a gold member I think I get complimentary breakfast and maybe an upgrade. I'm just worried about the location. I like the location of the Ibis, right in the centre of Myeongdong and it's night market. I'm afraid the Conrad might be isolated? Conrad rooms look amazing though. Decisions....
Thanks krazykanuck, good advice!^
The more I read up on this hotel, the more I'm tempted to switch. It is a great price indeed and makes up for the crappy Canadian dollar lately. I love technology and this hotel is out of this world. Are upgrades for gold members at this hotel achievable?
So you are thinking of abandoning me at the Ibis Style Myeongdong?

I had a points and cash reservation at the Conrad for the night of 19th but switched to the Millennium Hilton taking advantage of the current sale. For me it's all about location. I have stayed at the Conrad before and liked the hotel but not so much the need to take the subway everywhere and the walk through the IFC shopping mall. You can also walk on the road from the subway station instead, by the way. The location of the Ibis seems more central and getting to the airport (ICN) seems far more convenient from the Hilton (shuttle to the station and AREX) on the way out. When I was at the Conrad in 2014 I had to wait for ages for a delayed airport bus to ICN. Getting to/from GMP is more straightforward.

My stay at the Conrad in 2014 as a Gold was also a points and cash award for a standard room but I was upgraded to a corner suite with lounge access. ^ Since I was there only for one night I didn't have the time for the lounge (only went there briefly to see what it was like) but breakfast in the Zest restaurant was one of the most extensive I have come across anywhere. However, according to the FT thread breakfast for Gold is in the lounge only and therefore less extensive since summer 2015.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Mar 25, 2017 at 4:44 am
Old Mar 25, 2017, 2:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
Here is a youtube video of Conan trying an Escape Room in LA.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 5:56 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium / HH Diamond / Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by fifa
the Conrad as Hilton currently has a flash sale offering great prices.
Thanks for the info.

I am now switched to the Conrad.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Mar 25, 2017 at 6:33 am Reason: Fixed broken quote
Old Mar 25, 2017, 7:49 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue Gold, Accor Silver, Hilton Diamond
As for me, I'll stick to the ibis after all. Prefer the location, save a bit of money and could never abandon NewbieRunner! The fact gold members must have breakfast in the lounge rather than in Zeste was the deal breaker for me. Was tempted to spend the last night there, but getting to ICN from there is not as convenient.

Thanks all for your comments.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 12:20 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

As for me, I'll stick to the ibis after all. Prefer the location, save a bit of money and could never abandon NewbieRunner!
😍
Old Mar 26, 2017, 1:10 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
I will toss my name (+3) into the hat for being in Seoul while the Korea Do is happening. While I cannot commit to any particular activity as I'm on a family vacation, it would be nice to meet some other FT'ers. I'm also interested in the DMZ tour, as I was going to book that myself originally.

Staying at TMark Grand Hotel Myeongdong during our time there; rates were $70/night. Reviews were very positive; right in front of subway stop... hopefully this turns out good as the Mrs. is particular on lodging requirements.

The last Do I participated in was the Bahrain Do, and it was a blast; though I was also doing a 24 hour solo trip, which made it easy
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...es-thread.html

Hope to meet some FT'ers again if the stars align.

L2CTW
Old Mar 26, 2017, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by luv2ctheworld
I will toss my name (+3) into the hat for being in Seoul while the Korea Do is happening. While I cannot commit to any particular activity as I'm on a family vacation, it would be nice to meet some other FT'ers. I'm also interested in the DMZ tour, as I was going to book that myself originally.

Staying at TMark Grand Hotel Myeongdong during our time there; rates were $70/night. Reviews were very positive; right in front of subway stop... hopefully this turns out good as the Mrs. is particular on lodging requirements.

The last Do I participated in was the Bahrain Do, and it was a blast; though I was also doing a 24 hour solo trip, which made it easy
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...es-thread.html

Hope to meet some FT'ers again if the stars align.

L2CTW
The TMark is just along from my apartment complex, and indeed is very handily located. It was only completed less than 2 years ago IIRC.

Whilst I'm not back on Seoul until the 18th (and so will miss most Do events), I hope to find a moment for those still around for a post-Do meet-up somewhere.

Cheers, TK
Old Mar 26, 2017, 5:53 am

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Whilst I'm not back on Seoul until the 18th (and so will miss most Do events), I hope to find a moment for those still around for a post-Do meet-up somewhere.

Cheers, TK
speaking of Post DO...it looks pretty likely that I will be staying in Seoul for a few more days as my flight back to the US isn't until Fri.(ex-NRT)

Would love to know who else will still be around & if you have any ideas on how to spend the extra time?
Old Mar 26, 2017, 2:59 pm

Programs: QF WP - LTG, VA Plat, HH D, IHG Plat, Rydges Black, GHA Black
Originally Posted by bk3day
speaking of Post DO...it looks pretty likely that I will be staying in Seoul for a few more days as my flight back to the US isn't until Fri.(ex-NRT)

Would love to know who else will still be around & if you have any ideas on how to spend the extra time?
Mr Fifa and I will be staying on in Seoul until Friday so will also be looking at other sightseeing options.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 3:28 pm

Please add me to the list of Post-Do'ers! I'm around until Sat
Old Mar 26, 2017, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by bk3day

I'll have a think, I am at work during day so am limited to evening 'availability'.

Cheers, TK
Old Mar 26, 2017, 4:59 pm

I'm around on Wednesday 19th with no particular plan other than moving hotels.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 6:08 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, UAMP
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I'm around on Wednesday 19th with no particular plan other than moving hotels.
Hah, that currently is my only plan on Wed too!
Looks like there will be a good crowd of people avail.

Are we gonna make a katalk group for this? Or I can rather if people want to send me info

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.