Last edit by: GRALISTAIR
What are you bringing?
  • AKronin: Seasonal Summer Salad
  • BOB W: Marinated Tri-Tip and BBQ pork ribs
  • BOB W: Grilled vegetable and Isreali Couscous salad
  • ctporter: Scalloped potatoes
  • mblair13: Side dish
  • beckoa: Potato Mac Salad, Pineapple Salsa, 10# Panettone
  • violist: pork with green peppers (could make something else if requested)
  • AKDan: Dessert
  • GRALISTAIR: A nice bourbon
  • ANC RED-EYE: chips and guac + a dessert (also could make something else as needed).
  • nomadic.relief a mediocre bottle of Okanagan red + white (couldn't bear the thought of really good o smashing) and some sort of snack/munchie food!

random red wine

BTW -we did not run out of food!! ^
Print Wikipost

July 30, 2016 ALASKA BBQ DO

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2016, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
I have several HUGE heads of Broccoli in the garden if someone wants to use that in a dish and some bok choy, beets and other veggies too.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Burn ban has been lifted
Old Jul 26, 2016, 9:16 am

Never been to one before, but just arrived for a week of fishing and would love to meet people. Will bring a few side dishes!!
Old Jul 26, 2016, 10:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by mblair13
Never been to one before, but just arrived for a week of fishing and would love to meet people. Will bring a few side dishes!!
Welcome to the posting side of Flyertalk ^

Will be an epic way to start
Old Jul 26, 2016, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by beckoa
Welcome to the posting side of Flyertalk ^

Will be an epic way to start
Absolutely- I am really looking forward . Less than 48 hours to check in ^
Old Jul 27, 2016, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

EF is showing F sold out on my redeye. 2 F seats left on the ORD flight 30 minutes earlier.

UA 785 0 ANC 07/31/16 12:59 AM DEN
07/31/16 8:10 AM 738
Su,Sa
67% / 18m F0 C0 A0 D0 Z0 P0 Y7 B7 M7 E7 U7 H7 Q7 V6 W6 S0 T0 L0 K0 G0 N0
Old Jul 27, 2016, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I'm completely out now. No way GF is recovered enough to be completely on her own for 2 days. Recovery from abdominal surgery was much rougher than she expected. I was looking forward to escaping the heatwave for a brief period and finally meeting ctporter. To nomadic.relief hopefully meet you in Tokyo next year. Plus the others I haven't seen in a while.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 11:04 pm

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by CDKing
I'm completely out now. No way GF is recovered enough to be completely on her own for 2 days. Recovery from abdominal surgery was much rougher than she expected. I was looking forward to escaping the heatwave for a brief period and finally meeting ctporter. To nomadic.relief hopefully meet you in Tokyo next year. Plus the others I haven't seen in a while.
Oh Gosh CD, I was so (00PS! I always think of you as CD in my mind, it is almost as if I already know you from so many posts!) But, anyway I was really hoping to meet up with you as well. I am VERY sorry to hear your GF is having to take longer than expected to recover, tell her at least there are people out there wishing her well and a better recovery!
Old Jul 27, 2016, 11:09 pm

This is my first meeting up with FT folks too, and I am very excited about it! It is silly I know, but each time I am upgraded into FC, I ask myself... is my seat mate someone I know from FT? I thought for sure once that a guy across from me might be Beckoa, (young guy, tallish, shorts and Hawaiian shirt), but he was not from Alaska and was not a frequent flyer, let alone a 75k on all AS metal! We laughed about it though, and he was a nice young guy
Old Jul 27, 2016, 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Absolutely- I am really looking forward . Less than 48 hours to check in ^
I fly in Friday evening, in 48 hrs I should almost be checking into my hotel (Gralistair another name I see often that I want to meet!)

I would love to hear about some of the screen names, and how they came to be. Most of you may well be much younger than me and might not recall how the internet was first accessed back in "the day" when E-world, and then AOL was the only access for most! I used to host for AOL, when they charged for chat rooms (much more popular than message boards back then) but it cost people so much money. (which was a big reason why I hosted, I got free access for doing that!) Back then you were encouraged to NOT use a real name, and had to use a specific number of characters. My original screen name came about by trying to incorporate my first name, middle, and last name so I used CRS THO POR.... but invariably people thought it was "can't read stuff (ahem!) though Poor, which of course was not even close to what I thought was obvious - LOL Thankfully now, my name is much more obvious!
Old Jul 28, 2016, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ctporter
I fly in Friday evening, in 48 hrs I should almost be checking into my hotel (Gralistair another name I see often that I want to meet!)
I am staying at the Hilton Garden Inn 4555 Union Square Drive
Anchorage, Alaska 99503, USA

If you want to meet up after breakfast/lunch but pre BBQ- drop me a PM and I will give you my cell phone number etc.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am staying at the Hilton Garden Inn 4555 Union Square Drive
Anchorage, Alaska 99503, USA

If you want to meet up after breakfast/lunch but pre BBQ- drop me a PM and I will give you my cell phone number etc.
My plans are made. Leisurely breakfast at the HGI. Get picked up by the RUSTS shuttle 10.30. Then at 11.00 a 30 minutes flight seeing tour out of PALH. (All booked) Dropped back at hotel around noon. Leisurely beer and sandwich at somewhere local. Buy a nice bourbon to bring to the BBQ. Get taxi over to Bobs. Take it from there. ^
Old Jul 28, 2016, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

In case ayone is looking for something else interesting to do Groupon is offering 2 for 1 to the Transportation Museum.

https://www.groupon.com/deals/museum...728_treatment3

Choose Between Two Options
$10 for single-day admission for two adults ($16 value)
$10 for single-day family admission for two parents and children younger than 18 ($18 value)
Museum of Alaska Transportation and Industry
The Museum of Alaska Transportation and Industry traces its roots back to 1967, during the centennial celebration of Alaska becoming a territory of the US. At this time, it exhibited only six retired railroad cars that served as troop carriers during World War II and formed the Centennial Train, a traveling historical exhibit. Today, nearly 50 years later, the museum stays put at its 20-acre location that includes a train yard and an exhibit hall, where the staff collects, conserves, and restores artifacts relating to the state’s industrial history.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 3:52 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Priority Pass
My plans are made. Leisurely breakfast at the HGI. Get picked up by the RUSTS shuttle 10.30. Then at 11.00 a 30 minutes flight seeing tour out of PALH. (All booked) Dropped back at hotel around noon. Leisurely beer and sandwich at somewhere local. Buy a nice bourbon to bring to the BBQ. Get taxi over to Bobs. Take it from there. ^
Consider the loft (tasting room + restaurant) at midnight sun brewery. Not sure what my weekend plans are, but will keep everyone posted.

There is also an air show Sat and Sun at the AF base. Sounds like some are planning to go on Sun.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ANC RED-EYE
Consider the loft (tasting room + restaurant) at midnight sun brewery. Not sure what my weekend plans are, but will keep everyone posted.
If you do that, I will probably join you. It is less than a mile from my house. Nothing says we can't start the party earlier

And I am planning to take my grandson to the air show unless the weather turns bad, which is what they are calling for right now. Saturday should be good (for now).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.