Search

LEX Horse & Bourbon DO IX, October 21-23, 2016

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2016, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rxgeek
Could this be your lucky day? Returning to Columbus Sunday, or could drop you off at Cinci airport.
Thanks, will check CMH/CVG-ORD with Avios. Have never looked at those.

What time Sunday?
Old Oct 9, 2016, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Looks like Avios availability is starting to loosen up a bit, which it normally does as departure approaches. I just booked ORD-LEX RT on American Eagle.

If that is an option from your airport, might want to take a look.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 12:14 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Have found AA/Avios availability to fly ORD-LEX but nothing on the return either Sunday or Monday.

Is anyone driving Sunday/Monday to an airport that might have AA service to ORD? Or back to Chicagoland? Would love a ride.
I just sent you a PM offering to get you to CVG on Sunday, but then read here that you are all set with a direct LEX-ORD Avios flight.

For anyone who is interested, I will be at Buffalo Trace Saturday morning. I'm taking the 10:30 Hard Hat tour (long sold out); tmb, KMA26, and I did the (regular) Trace tour a couple years ago and fully enjoyed it. If anyone else will be there (whether for the HH tour or the regular Trace tour) let me know.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

BTW, for Keeneland Spring 2017, looks like it will be opening weekend, April 7-9, for the Horse & Bourbon FT DO X. The full weekend options for the meet are

Friday, April 7
Saturday, April 8
Sunday, April 9

Friday, April 14
Saturday, April 15
Sunday, April 16

Friday, April 21
Saturday, April 22
Sunday, April 23

In 2017, April 14-16 is Easter weekend and April 21-23 conflicts with the BRU ZBF DO, which a number of us are doing or thinking about.

So that leaves April 7-9 for the next LEX DO. I am 99% sure at this point. Plan accordingly if interested in coming.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 5:28 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
BTW, for Keeneland Spring 2017, looks like it will be opening weekend, April 7-9, for the Horse & Bourbon FT DO X. The full weekend options for the meet are

Friday, April 7
Saturday, April 8
Sunday, April 9

Friday, April 14
Saturday, April 15
Sunday, April 16

Friday, April 21
Saturday, April 22
Sunday, April 23

In 2017, April 14-16 is Easter weekend and April 21-23 conflicts with the BRU ZBF DO, which a number of us are doing or thinking about.

So that leaves April 7-9 for the next LEX DO. I am 99% sure at this point. Plan accordingly if interested in coming.
Booked with Avios to/from CVG - thanks for letting us know the date!
Old Oct 10, 2016, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I am booked to fly to Tokyo for the Japan DO on the 9th. Hopefully ANA will open J saver availability for the flight on the 10th at some point so I can swing this too.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by HPN-HRL
For anyone who is interested, I will be at Buffalo Trace Saturday morning. I'm taking the 10:30 Hard Hat tour (long sold out); tmb, KMA26, and I did the (regular) Trace tour a couple years ago and fully enjoyed it. If anyone else will be there (whether for the HH tour or the regular Trace tour) let me know.
I may be at Buffalo Trace Saturday morning but it would be earlier than 1030 since my horse business partner wants to make sure we are back to Keeneland by 1200. Trying to find the distillery closest to KEE that opens earliest. Right now, Buffalo Trace may be the pick.

(Enjoy the BT Hard Hat Tour. I did it in the spring and it was a very good experience.)

I will likely be doing breakfast at the Track Kitchen early Saturday (around 0800, possibly earlier).

Does anyone want me to book reserved seating at KEE for Saturday or Sunday? I will be at the track both days.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 12:43 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Hey there, just minding my own business in Madrid today.. In the late afternoon I stopped into a local bar for a Cana (beer) and a Bocidillo (ham sandwich) for $2.5 euros.. While I'm eating and standing at the bar, I see a bottle of 4 Roses sitting there and thought of you all. Enjoy the DO and have lots of fun. Safe Travels!
Old Oct 12, 2016, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Hey there, just minding my own business in Madrid today.. In the late afternoon I stopped into a local bar for a Cana (beer) and a Bocidillo (ham sandwich) for $2.5 euros.. While I'm eating and standing at the bar, I see a bottle of 4 Roses sitting there and thought of you all. Enjoy the DO and have lots of fun. Safe Travels!
Visit Labirratorium while in MAD. http://www.labirratorium.com/es/

Probably the best beer bottle shop in MAD, great staff. Say hi for me. Tell them I am coming back with some good American stuff for them.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Reserved Seating Roll Call

Does anyone want reserved seating at Keeneland either Saturday or Sunday? I'm going to be at the track both days and plan on reserving a seat so please let me know if anyone wants me to grab them seats in the same section.

Reserved seats (excluding general admission charge) are $10 Saturday and $5 Sunday if purchased directly from Keeneland.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by HPN-HRL
Booked with Avios to/from CVG - thanks for letting us know the date!
Thanks for the heads up. I e mailed my friend to see if he's still interested.

dh
Old Oct 16, 2016, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Strike at Jim Beam

http://www.usnews.com/news/business/...es-in-kentucky
Old Oct 16, 2016, 9:42 am

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, IHG Amb Diamond
Hi to all. We are first timers to the DO. We likely will do some Bourbon tours on Saturday and maybe Keeneland on Sunday and/or a local hike. But still interested in joining group activities if scheduled. Have dinner plans firmed up for Friday or Saturday night? We be up to join, I don't think I'm in a position to help pick where to go. I think we'd be fine with any of the suggestions.

Tom and Dianne
Old Oct 16, 2016, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I will soon be sending PMs to everyone with more detailed information, such as the location of the party Saturday.

Have to get my 2015 taxes in tomorrow first.

If using Avios is an option for you, take a look at last-minute availability. It usually loosens up.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Governator
Hi to all. We are first timers to the DO. We likely will do some Bourbon tours on Saturday and maybe Keeneland on Sunday and/or a local hike. But still interested in joining group activities if scheduled. Have dinner plans firmed up for Friday or Saturday night? We be up to join, I don't think I'm in a position to help pick where to go. I think we'd be fine with any of the suggestions.

Tom and Dianne
Take a look at the menu of Ramsey's.

I think having some KY cuisine during the weekend should be a goal. Ramsey's is pretty classic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.