Search

LEX Horse & Bourbon DO VII, Oct 2-4, 2015

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2015, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by mattp1987
PM sent.

I'm planning to walk over to my local brewery, Dayton Beer Company, this evening and pick up a growler of one of their beers for the Sat night cookout because they do discounted fills on Wed. I'll also plan to bring some sort of side dish or appetizer.
PM received and replied to. If you want the horse farm I think you need to arrive about 6.30am. I will get my growler Friday night - not sure about the side dish yet.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 6:38 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Hey all, I'm out. Got back LATE Tuesday night after 5 days in Montreal & Quebec City. Felt scratchy throat, stuffy head yesterday, was hoping a good sleep last night would do the trick. No go as now I'm into the multi colored aspects of a cold.

ENJOY!!!
Old Oct 1, 2015, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Just got an updated weather report from my dad. Cold front coming in. Will be some temps in the 40s and maybe rain. Bring appropriate clothing.

On the Blue Line, arriving ORD soon. In LEX by 2:40.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Well, once again work has chosen to interfere with my planned attendance in LEX. This is the 3rd time I have tried and failed to get there.

Have fun everyone. Drink a beer (and maybe some bourbon) for me.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Sorry y'all cannot make it

Staples run Sunday morning. $20 off $300 MC gift cards. Ink = 5 UR per dollar.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So have we got a final attendees list yet?
Old Oct 1, 2015, 11:42 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
So have we got a final attendees list yet?
As far as I can tell we have

Confirmed
toomanybooks - Thursday
GRALISTAIR - Saturday
Herb687 - Thursday
HPN-HRL - Saturday
mattp1987 - Saturday

Maybe
Santander
Old Oct 1, 2015, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Just got an updated weather report from my dad. Cold front coming in. Will be some temps in the 40s and maybe rain. Bring appropriate clothing.
Well crap. There goes the sorority sundress fest at Keeneland!

I'm well into the descent into KSDF now. Planning on a run down to Jim Beam in Clermont as soon as I land.

Who will be able to join me for dinner tomorrow (Friday) night at the Merrick Inn in LEX around 7:30-7:45? I'm planning on going to the races at Kee tomorrow. Post time of the 10th race is 6:03pm so I would have to do dinner no earlier than 7:30.

For Saturday morning I am planning on making a donut run to Spalding's Bakery before we all leave for the horse farm. Donuts are on me! Feel free to join me or I will just bring a dozen or two back in a box for all of us to share.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I just landed at LEX.

Talked to my dad about Merrick Friday. He suspects it will be quite crowded, but we can try.

Anyone around Thurs, let me know. Going to dinner with parents. Maybe beers at Chevy Chase Inn/Beer Trappe.

Originally Posted by Herb687
Well crap. There goes the sorority sundress fest at Keeneland!

I'm well into the descent into KSDF now. Planning on a run down to Jim Beam in Clermont as soon as I land.

Who will be able to join me for dinner tomorrow (Friday) night at the Merrick Inn in LEX around 7:30-7:45? I'm planning on going to the races at Kee tomorrow. Post time of the 10th race is 6:03pm so I would have to do dinner no earlier than 7:30.

For Saturday morning I am planning on making a donut run to Spalding's Bakery before we all leave for the horse farm. Donuts are on me! Feel free to join me or I will just bring a dozen or two back in a box for all of us to share.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 4:11 am

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
It looks like I won't be able to make it down this time. I plan to attend the Breeders' Cup at the end of the month and it's probably too much for me to come down to LEX twice this month. Enjoy the weekend and look forward to the spring DO when I'll hopefully be living back in SDF!
Old Oct 2, 2015, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Ok, maybe next time.

Originally Posted by Santander
It looks like I won't be able to make it down this time. I plan to attend the Breeders' Cup at the end of the month and it's probably too much for me to come down to LEX twice this month. Enjoy the weekend and look forward to the spring DO when I'll hopefully be living back in SDF!
Old Oct 2, 2015, 2:53 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Hey Guys (and Gals) Just read that UA will be serving Buffalo Trace. Brought me to think of the Great Time I had at the Do a few years back. I gained a greater appreciation of Bourbon after that weekend. My favorite was Eagle Rare (Buffalo Trace Distillery), and still is today (Purchased 18 Bottles as Gifts for Friends this past Holiday Season)

With that said. Have a wonderul weekend and enjoy! Safe Travels to all And please send my regards to everyone (especially the Family of toomanybooks)
Old Oct 2, 2015, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Howdy. I am here right now with my dad and he says hello. Wonders if you can make it in April.

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Hey Guys (and Gals) Just read that UA will be serving Buffalo Trace. Brought me to think of the Great Time I had at the Do a few years back. I gained a greater appreciation of Bourbon after that weekend. My favorite was Eagle Rare (Buffalo Trace Distillery), and still is today (Purchased 18 Bottles as Gifts for Friends this past Holiday Season)

With that said. Have a wonderul weekend and enjoy! Safe Travels to all And please send my regards to everyone (especially the Family of toomanybooks)
Old Oct 2, 2015, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am bringing wine BTW -hope that is OK?
Old Oct 2, 2015, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
I am bringing wine BTW -hope that is OK?
Wine is great

HPN-HRL just called. His flight was cancelled and rebooking would get him here mid-afternoon tomorrow, so he has to bow out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.