Wiki Posts
Search

LEX Horse & Bourbon DO VII, Oct 2-4, 2015

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2015, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
If anybody wants to do Merrick Inn Thursday or Friday eve (Herb687's suggestion), let me know and we can try to figure something out.

Pretty popular and we should make reservations.

No news to report.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
If anybody wants to do Merrick Inn Thursday or Friday eve (Herb687's suggestion), let me know and we can try to figure something out.

I'm flying into SDF Thursday afternoon but may be doing some business in SDF Thursday and/or visiting the Jim Beam Distillery so I don't want to commit to arriving LEX at any particular time Thursday night.

So Friday dinner at The Merrick Inn sounds like a good plan - great hot browns and a truly impressive bourbon list. Sign me up!

Reservations would be a good idea (hope for nice weather conducive to patio dining). Hopefully the restaurant can accommodate separate checks so nobody gets their Pappy 23 subsidized!
Old Sep 24, 2015, 10:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
Consider me a maybe for this - the timing isn't quite right but I always have a good time at these DOs and I'll try to make it work.
Old Sep 26, 2015, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Santander
Consider me a maybe for this - the timing isn't quite right but I always have a good time at these DOs and I'll try to make it work.
Sounds good!
Old Sep 29, 2015, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Later today or tomorrow I will send out PMs to the following who have said they are coming:

goodeats21
GRALISTAIR
Herb687
HPN-HRL
mattp1987
Pinky
Sweet Willie

Also Santander, a recent maybe.

If I missed you here, please advise.

This will contain my cell phone number, various addresses (like for the Icelandic horse farm), etc.

This DO will be "looser" and less organized than in the past, as we have so few people. I arrive Thursday afternoon, so let me know if you are around.

Last edited by toomanybooks; Sep 29, 2015 at 7:56 am
Old Sep 29, 2015, 9:02 am

Programs: UAL 1K MM, AA Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz President's Circle, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat
Hi all,

I regret I won't be able to attend this weekend. I hope to make it to the next LEX DO.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Pinky
Hi all,

I regret I won't be able to attend this weekend. I hope to make it to the next LEX DO.
OK, thanks.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 1:55 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Still planning to meet y'all Saturday morning at the horse farm. Please keep me posted on approximate time you'll be heading there.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 3:05 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Originally Posted by mattp1987
Still planning to meet y'all Saturday morning at the horse farm. Please keep me posted on approximate time you'll be heading there.
I'm also planning on joining the group at the horse farm (driving down from CMH). Happy to plan to be there at whatever hour is chosen.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by mattp1987
Shall we share a ride?
Old Sep 30, 2015, 7:04 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Shall we share a ride?
PM sent.

I'm planning to walk over to my local brewery, Dayton Beer Company, this evening and pick up a growler of one of their beers for the Sat night cookout because they do discounted fills on Wed. I'll also plan to bring some sort of side dish or appetizer.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I told my Icelandic horse farm friend 9 am or so, but earlier would be my preference if we can struggle awake. Gonna be a long day with a lot to get in.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 10:02 am

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
I told my Icelandic horse farm friend 9 am or so, but earlier would be my preference if we can struggle awake. Gonna be a long day with a lot to get in.
9:00 sounds good to me (means I leave CMH a bit before 6:00), but I can get there a bit earlier if that is the consensus. Any idea on how much time we can expect to spend at the farm? I'm thinking that after the farm on Saturday I will skip Keeneland and hit a bourbon tour or two on the way back to the Saturday night gathering.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HPN-HRL
9:00 sounds good to me (means I leave CMH a bit before 6:00), but I can get there a bit earlier if that is the consensus. Any idea on how much time we can expect to spend at the farm? I'm thinking that after the farm on Saturday I will skip Keeneland and hit a bourbon tour or two on the way back to the Saturday night gathering.
You have been on horse farm tours, so some of it will be a repeat. But these are unusual horses with unique training and style. And this is one of the premier such farms in the US, maybe the world for all I know.

I'd think an hour would be enough for some, but others would likely stay 3.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 10:14 am

You have been on horse farm tours, so some of it will be a repeat. But these are unusual horses with unique training and style. And this is one of the premier such farms in the US, maybe the world for all I know.

I'd think an hour would be enough for some, but others would likely stay 3.
Perfect - that gives me enough of an idea to think about the rest of the day. I didn't know if there would be a structured x-hour tour or if it will be more free-flow.

See everybody soon!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.