Zurich Stammtisch / regular table

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Zurich Stammtisch / regular table

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2015, 10:09 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Hi, I just posted in the VFT, but my German isn't great yet so I wanted to say here that I'll be in Zurich on the 30th, and I'd love to join as it'll let me practice my German, which I'm currently trying to learn in school.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: LX HON, Radisson Platinum, Hilton Gold
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by dinoscool3
Hi, I just posted in the VFT, but my German isn't great yet so I wanted to say here that I'll be in Zurich on the 30th, and I'd love to join as it'll let me practice my German, which I'm currently trying to learn in school.
Wonderful! I guess everybody understood what you said... but on the 30th you probably need to push us to speak german with you! Most of us will easily switch to English! Looking forward to meeting you!
Old Oct 31, 2015, 3:21 am
Original Poster

After a great steak yesterday, there will be Fondue in December and most likely a Spaghetti-eat-as-much-as-you-can in January! Hoping to meet more people from FT!!!
Old Oct 31, 2015, 7:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium / HH Diamond / Hyatt Explorist
Been trying to get to ZRH, now another reason
Old Nov 1, 2015, 1:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TravelKane
Great! Would be cool to see some more people from FT at the Stammtisch. It seems the thread is slowly starting to catch on!
Old Nov 2, 2015, 6:34 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by TravelKane
It would be worth it, I had a lot of fun at the Stammtisch last weekend, and it gave me some practice in German. Hope to return soon!
Old Nov 4, 2015, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Yeah, I'm really sorry I haven't got to these. I lost track of where this thread was, and only just picked it up again. I was there a few years back, after my pal and I had climbed a couple of mountains, and I recall sitting opposite Weero during dinner and having Verve on my right. Airoli was also there! Problem with me, being down Montreux/Sion, is that I often have rehearsals on Friday evenings.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 2:26 am
Original Poster

More dates for 2016 are fixed! Hope that some of you manage to make it!
Old Dec 6, 2015, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Er... where can I see the dates? Sorry if I'm being dumb and missing something obvious.

EDIT: Just saw it, at the top of the thread, obviously! Can't make the 8th January but I will look at the other dates and do my best to make one of them. Part of the problem is being based in the Lake Geneva region and often Friday's are not free for me, due to music rehearsals.

EDIT 2: Just checked the calendar and the only ones I can potentially make are March 18th and June 17th. The other dates I have performances (Chitty Chitty Bang Bang on April 22nd) or conservatoire exams to oversee and accompany (May 27th).

Last edited by Concerto; Dec 6, 2015 at 7:57 am Reason: updated info
Old Dec 6, 2015, 4:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
We're going to be in Zurich on a one-night layover on the way to Israel for my niece's wedding, and it just happens to be one of the new dates! Please confirm two of us on 17 June (as long as there are good seafood and/or vegetarian options).

Last edited by mahasamatman; Dec 6, 2015 at 4:21 pm
Old Dec 6, 2015, 9:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Concerto
EDIT: Just saw it, at the top of the thread, obviously! Can't make the 8th January but I will look at the other dates and do my best to make one of them. Part of the problem is being based in the Lake Geneva region and often Friday's are not free for me, due to music rehearsals.

EDIT 2: Just checked the calendar and the only ones I can potentially make are March 18th and June 17th. The other dates I have performances (Chitty Chitty Bang Bang on April 22nd) or conservatoire exams to oversee and accompany (May 27th).
I put you down as a "maybe" and let danix in VFT know as well! Would be great to see a new face! I was just thinking that I suggest a date in the second half of the year, where we could make a visit to GVA...

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
We're going to be in Zurich on a one-night layover on the way to Israel for my niece's wedding, and it just happens to be one of the new dates! Please confirm two of us on 17 June (as long as there are good seafood and/or vegetarian options).
Same here! I put you down as confirmed and let danix know. There are a couple of nice restaurants around the lake and we might just do the "Spaghetti-Plausch" we do once in a while... Eat as much as you can Spaghetti with 6 (or so) different sauces!
Old Dec 7, 2015, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It is, amazingly, possible to get home to Montreux the same night with the SBB CFF, on trains leaving at 22h03 and even 23h03! I think you can put me down as a 'definite' for March 18th and, although something might come up with one of the classes at the conservatoire, I will do my best to keep the date free. Shouldn't be a problem!
Old Dec 15, 2015, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
If there was to be one on Friday 14 July... I could make it (leaving ZRH on 15 July for the USA).
Old Dec 26, 2015, 5:26 am

Programs: CM Plat (*G), AB Plat (OWE)
I think I'll be able to attend this coming January.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 12:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
If there was to be one on Friday 14 July... I could make it (leaving ZRH on 15 July for the USA).
Well, as soon as danix (the organiser) fixes the dates for the second half of the year, I will post it here! Hope it will work out for you! (And us :-))

Originally Posted by saltycargohold
I think I'll be able to attend this coming January.
Looking forward to meeting you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.