Wiki Posts
Search

Zurich Stammtisch / regular table

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2018, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: LX HON, Radisson Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dinoscool3
Hotel booked! You can move to confirmed!
The venue has been chosen... it's Runway 34. The Angels Grill @radisson Blu would've only been possible if we had taken the Event Menu and not a la carte. So danix decided for Runway 34!
dinoscool3 likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by flospi
The venue has been chosen... it's Runway 34. The Angels Grill @radisson Blu would've only been possible if we had taken the Event Menu and not a la carte. So danix decided for Runway 34!
But we are meeting first at the Upperdeck bar in the airport, right? I intend to get there a bit early so I can partake of happy hour! Have you any idea how accessible the Runway 34 place is from the train station? I have to plan the trek back to Montreux afterwards!
Old Feb 15, 2018, 3:15 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by Concerto
But we are meeting first at the Upperdeck bar in the airport, right? I intend to get there a bit early so I can partake of happy hour! Have you any idea how accessible the Runway 34 place is from the train station? I have to plan the trek back to Montreux afterwards!

Looks like there’s a tram stop a 7 min walk away, but a 30 min tram ride to the HB.

Looking forward to seeing everyone, as always, and for Lucerne transport museum on Saturday!
Old Feb 15, 2018, 3:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Concerto
yes, still meeting at Upperdeck Bar. The Runway 34 is a 5 to 10 Minute walk to the tram stop, which is another 5 minutes from the airport. Unfortunately not as comfortable as the Radisson Blu, but hey, you’re sitting next or under an old Russian airplane while eating ;-)
Old Feb 16, 2018, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The trains seem to be all screwed up around Montreux and Lausanne just now (what a mess getting to rehearsal in Geneva last night, got a lift in the end). What’s wrong with the SBB these days? Otherwise, I hope to make it to the Upperdeck just before five. Is it easy to find?
Old Feb 16, 2018, 4:43 am
Original Poster

When you take the escalator up from check-in 3 and keep walking straight and take the stairs (not the escalator) half way up, you’re there. It seems that I will be late. My flight from MAN is delayed by an hour.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 8:15 am

I am here already
Old Feb 16, 2018, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Now the correct time is showing beside your post, 4:15pm. Earlier it was showing as 9:15am! Anyway, it was nice to meet you and everyone else. The dinner at Runway 34 was really great as was the whole experience. It won’t be forgotten and I look forward to the next one.
flospi likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So I can confirm my presence for 16th March and will do the same over at VFT. As it’s right at the beginning of a scarily busy period for me, I’d like the option of canceling if necessary (although I’m 95% sure I will make it). Is there a deadline for canceling?
Old Mar 17, 2018, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Hey All, I just updated the dates according to the thread in VFT until September this year!
Old Mar 17, 2018, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nice Stammtisch at the Restaurant zum Kropf last night in Zurich. It was nice to have that separate dining room and we were eight, which was a perfect number for that room. Otherwise it would have been too small. Thanks for all the organisation once again. I made my train back, thanks to Flospi!
flospi likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 2:44 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Ahh, I forgot about April, and there is no supersaver on that Friday. Unless by some miracle supersaver shows up, don’t know if I’ll make it.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 4:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dinoscool3
Ahh, I forgot about April, and there is no supersaver on that Friday. Unless by some miracle supersaver shows up, don’t know if I’ll make it.
It will be the italian place near the train station: Home - Il Ristorantino
Let me know if you find a supersaver and I will let danix know... I won't be there as I will be flying around in Europe a little bit...
Old Jun 8, 2018, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Okay, post number one has been updated! The next Stammtisch is happening on July 6th, somewhere near the airport... we will be meeting around 17:30 so that we can make use of the Happy Hour at the Upperdeck Bar!
Old Oct 9, 2018, 2:13 am
Original Poster

After a long time I finally updated the first post... The October Stammtisch will most likely be in the Rheinfelder Bierhalle, where they do very down to earth food, swiss style and they have a really large Cordon-Bleu. Hope to see one or more of you there!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.