Search

Zurich Stammtisch / regular table

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2016, 11:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LX HON, Radisson Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SwissBritMiss
Hi Flopsi,

I'm a last minute remaining - in-Zürich and would love to join - maybe even take a recently vacated spot?

SBM
Cool, I guess we can do this! Looking forward to meeting you!
Old Mar 15, 2016, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I'm down with a sore throat and hellish cough, so I hope I can make Friday. Normally, I would expect to have recovered a bit by then.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
I'm down with a sore throat and hellish cough, so I hope I can make Friday. Normally, I would expect to have recovered a bit by then.
Good luck! Just more or less recovered myself from over a week with a heavy fever with your symptoms on the side..
Old Mar 15, 2016, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Get well soon! Well... make that Friday :-)
Old Mar 17, 2016, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah, I'll make it there tomorrow night. Just about through with this thing, although the coughing was awful.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 11:04 am
Original Poster

I'm on the beer already. Pink jacket, beige jeans, behind the bar.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 12:03 pm

Hi Flospi,

Which bar? My strategy of approaching random people with Rimowa cases was perhaps not thought out at a transportation hub...

Oriental girl in leather jacket and insanely long hair.

SBM
Old Mar 18, 2016, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

In the Brasserie Federal at the Hall in the Main Station.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 4:46 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
For the April 22nd, I was thinking on trying to take the train back Friday night, as I have a training on Saturday and I can save money on hotel. There's a train leaving Zurich at 22:09 that I'll try to catch. That should leave enough time for dinner.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You've got to really watch out that you leave enough time for the trek back to the station, with a little margin built in. Unlike the way I did it, you need to start your goodbyes a bit earlier. The other tip is, assuming you'll be eating at the same place or in the same part of town, is to try and aim for the middle cross underpassage of the station rather than heading all the way down to the front of the station. This is a passage that crosses under about halfway up the platforms and leads over to Sihlquai.

Unfortunately there is no way I'll make the 22nd April because I have to conduct a performance of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang in Geneva that night.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 5:48 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
You've got to really watch out that you leave enough time for the trek back to the station, with a little margin built in. Unlike the way I did it, you need to start your goodbyes a bit earlier. The other tip is, assuming you'll be eating at the same place or in the same part of town, is to try and aim for the middle cross underpassage of the station rather than heading all the way down to the front of the station. This is a passage that crosses under about halfway up the platforms and leads over to Sihlquai.

Thanks. Unfortunately if I miss that train the next train won't be until 6 in the morning. I'll make sure to keep my time padded.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 5:33 am

Unlike the way I did it, you need to start your goodbyes a bit earlier.
You got to crash a cool birthday party though

Alas I'll be in Brazil on 22nd April so also a no from me. I had a great time though and hope to join in May
Old Apr 11, 2016, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes and it was very nice of you to invite me along to it. I just wish I could have stayed for longer!

I, too, can't make the 22nd, or the one after that (27th May if I remember correctly).
Old Apr 11, 2016, 5:45 am

I definitely can't make the next two (April and May), but put me down for a maybe in June please.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 11:40 am
Original Poster

dinoscool, if worst would come to worst on the 22nd, you could crash my place in Schwyz. Would be a bit a detour, but at least no need to pay a hotel :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.