Reload this Page >

Austin-area Monthly Meet-up

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 24, 2014, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Austin787

We try to get together periodically throught the year. If you are visiting Austin or live here, feel free to suggest a time/venue.

Our next scheduled get together is Thursday Aug 2, 2018 at 6:00pm.
Torchy's (Mueller)
1801 E. 51ST, Austin, TX 78723

Attendees:
aztimm
Carlos_OL
rajhyd99

Austin787
Middle_Seat

Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Print Wikipost

Austin-area Monthly Meet-up

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2021, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
breakfast:

David
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 12:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
This thing still going on?
Old Oct 15, 2021, 2:49 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by wakesetter93
This thing still going on?
It has been a while. Are you coming to Austin?
Old Oct 15, 2021, 3:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Originally Posted by aztimm
It has been a while. Are you coming to Austin?
My fiance and I are moving there after the new year. We'll be making a few trips down between now and then to look at houses and her brother is a Sophmore at UT, so we get down there a decent amount anyway. Found it through the link in your sig.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
I am even ccasionally around if/when there is a get together...
Old Oct 18, 2021, 9:18 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

My fiance and I are moving there after the new year. We'll be making a few trips down between now and then to look at houses and her brother is a Sophmore at UT, so we get down there a decent amount anyway. Found it through the link in your sig.
when will you be in the area next? maybe toward the middle of November?
Old Oct 18, 2021, 9:54 am

when will you be in the area next? maybe toward the middle of November?
That's a possibilty. I have a few trips scheduled late October/early November but we'll need to get down there and start house hunting soon.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 12:38 pm

That's a possibilty. I have a few trips scheduled late October/early November but we'll need to get down there and start house hunting soon.
You could always just post dates you'll be in the area, and the general area. Then any FT'ers can say if they're available to meet.

I think its been about 2 years since we last had a group, and we met at the Torchy's at Mueller. It seemed to be more central to most of us (and inconvenient for everyone )
Old Oct 18, 2021, 1:43 pm

I'll definitely check in here when we have set dates we'll be coming down. Move should be shortly after the first of the year so we don't have a ton of time.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
You could always just post dates you'll be in the area, and the general area. Then any FT'ers can say if they're available to meet.

I think its been about 2 years since we last had a group, and we met at the Torchy's at Mueller. It seemed to be more central to most of us (and inconvenient for everyone )
I'll take "South of the river" for the win! But seriously, it's Austin and there are liots of good choices.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 2:07 pm

Happy New Year everyone, we finally have some dates set for when we're going to be in Austin.

We're coming down January 13-16th to do some house hunting and I'll be back January 22-23rd to run the 3M Half Marathon.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 10:19 am

Programs: AA Gold / Bonvoy Plat / Hilton Gold / JetBlue Mosaic / peon everywhere else
Do y'all still do meetups?
Old Aug 31, 2022, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by lakeflyer
Some will be getting together in October: Any interest in an AUS DO Oct 1 2022? TX Craft Brewers Festival

David
Governator, aztimm and lakeflyer like this.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by lakeflyer
In addition to the Craft Brew Festival, we could do another dinner...especially an option for those of us who don't drink. What did you have in mind? About where in town are you?

The last time we met (before COVID, and then some), was dinner at Torchy's @ Mueller. It is kind of central to most of the area, easy to do buy-your-own, and they have a decent patio, so if we do later in September or beyond, we can enjoy being outside.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 2:44 pm

I'm up for something. I'm supposed to be out of town the weekend of the craft beer DO

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.