Reload this Page >

Austin-area Monthly Meet-up

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 24, 2014, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Austin787

We try to get together periodically throught the year. If you are visiting Austin or live here, feel free to suggest a time/venue.

Our next scheduled get together is Thursday Aug 2, 2018 at 6:00pm.
Torchy's (Mueller)
1801 E. 51ST, Austin, TX 78723

Attendees:
aztimm
Carlos_OL
rajhyd99

Austin787
Middle_Seat

Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Print Wikipost

Austin-area Monthly Meet-up

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2021, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Will be back in AUS during 23-28 June 2021 with Mrs. DELee. Wanted to offer that up if there's any interest in getting together during that time frame.

David
Xyzzy and aztimm like this.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 9:21 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by DELee
Will be back in AUS during 23-28 June 2021 with Mrs. DELee. Wanted to offer that up if there's any interest in getting together during that time frame.

David
I should be in town at that time. What are you looking to do, something like a dinner? It looks like we last met back in 2018 at the Torchy's @ Mueller (near the old airport), and it seemed pretty central for most of us.
There's lots of other options too...we could do something in/near downtown, and there are kayak/SUP rentals on the lake. A few years ago when there were some FT'ers here from out of town we did a bat tour boat thing which was pretty good too.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 11:15 am

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]

David
I'm spending more time in TX these days, so I am going to start monitoring this thread. Unfortunately I plan to be in the BNA area in late June, so I won't be able to make this one (if it happens).
Old Jun 8, 2021, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
I'll be around fr part of the aforementioned time ...
Old Jun 13, 2021, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wanted to follow up - talked with the female complement of the DELee family and they've stated they're not committing to availability just yet.

That being said, I'm committing as a FTer should and would like to offer up either Friday evening or Saturday any time as opportunities to meet-up.

Torchy's @ Mueller sound great but do want to ask if there's a BBQ place or two that folks might be interested in if the lines aren't necessarily too long on a Saturday or sold out by Friday night...

I'll let my women folk know about the kayaking option as well if roasting is less likely out on the lake with the current weather conditions.

David
Old Jun 15, 2021, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
BBQ lines are a tugh thing to predict. La Barbacue is always a good choice IMHO. On a related note, might I suggest Loro ... or one of the many food truck courts...
Old Jun 17, 2021, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Xyzzy
BBQ lines are a tugh thing to predict. La Barbacue is always a good choice IMHO. On a related note, might I suggest Loro ... or one of the many food truck courts...
Either (or both) sound great. I defer to the denizens of AUS as to what they'd prefer and when.

David
Old Jun 24, 2021, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hanging out with Mrs. and just got cooled off at Frozen Rolls Creamery this evening. If folks are game for Torchys Tacos on Saturday for breakfast or one of the bbq places, please let everyone know.

David
Old Jun 24, 2021, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hanging out with Mrs. and just got cooled off at Frozen Rolls Creamery this evening. If folks are game for Torchys Tacos on Saturday for breakfast or one of the bbq places, please let everyone know.

David
Wish I'd have knwn -- I'd have popped by. We'll be gone from Saturday for a few weeks.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Xyzzy
Wish I'd have knwn -- I'd have popped by.
I didn't either until Mrs. said "Lets go get rolled ice cream..."

We'll be gone from Saturday for a few weeks.
Bummer.

David
Old Jun 25, 2021, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So Mrs.and myself will be at Torchy's in Mueller tomorrow (Saturday) at 10 am to get breakfast.

Went to Styles Switch BBQ for dinner tonight and enjoyed their smoked sausage and pulled pork and a number of sides. Thought their brisket was a bit dry. Ah well.

David

p.s. Went to Lick Honest Ice Cream before BBQ! Gotta have cool dessert first!
Old Jun 26, 2021, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

@torchys now

David
Old Jun 26, 2021, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

DELETE

Last edited by Xyzzy; Jun 26, 2021 at 9:10 am Reason: DUP!
Old Jun 26, 2021, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So Mrs.and myself will be at Torchy's in Mueller tomorrow (Saturday) at 10 am to get breakfast.

Went to Styles Switch BBQ for dinner tonight and enjoyed their smoked sausage and pulled pork and a number of sides. Thought their brisket was a bit dry. Ah well.

David

p.s. Went to Lick Honest Ice Cream before BBQ! Gotta have cool dessert first!
Dry brisket? That makes me want to cry.... try La Barbecue, Terry Black, or Browns.
Old Jun 26, 2021, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In line to order:

Will be out on the patio - look for a guy in a galaxy graphic design shirt.

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.