Wiki Posts
Search

Dubai Do 2014 - September 4th - September 7th

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2014, 8:03 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Originally Posted by wolf539
I think we need to come to some agreement on dates in the near future if this is going to work as a formal DO. Summer is a busy time for a lot of people and calendars tend to fill up quickly.
Indeed. I would love to attend if the dates lined up.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 6:58 pm

Programs: UA MM *G, AA EXP, OW Emerald, Hyatt Globalist, Gold everywhere else
Huh, I was just wondering if eightblack was going to step up again after a year's hiatus, and I find this.

In terms of dates, you definitely want to completely avoid Ramadan (6/28-7/28). You also want to make sure you hit the summer "low" season, when the prices come down from their typical astronomical levels. The combination is mainly why DubaiDo was always in June in the past. This also nicely hit the Park Hyatt's summer sale. It's probably also wise to avoid going into September as you will start to step on several other Fall events and all the summer sales will be ending.

I personally could (currently) work with the mid-June window of the original three DubaiDos, as well as most of August.

If the dates line up and I can make it, I'd be happy to help out (I think I get veteran attendee status, right?). I might even be able to tap a contact at DOH airport (a short hop away).
Old Apr 14, 2014, 9:37 pm

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
I am out for mid June. Previous plans. Ok so far for August.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 2:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Plat(Soon to be gold), HHonors Silver, Amex Gold
Hey guys, so to make it easier I've done a small survey. DYKWIA not trying to steal your thunder but thought it might make it easier for everyone to just add a tick box.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/HHBB9CW
Old Apr 19, 2014, 6:59 am

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
Originally Posted by DXBFlyer
Hey guys, so to make it easier I've done a small survey. DYKWIA not trying to steal your thunder but thought it might make it easier for everyone to just add a tick box.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/HHBB9CW
Looks like August 1-15 timeslot has most votes. Let me know when you decide.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 5:15 am
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by dedehans
I am out for mid June. Previous plans. Ok so far for August.
+ 1 for August ^
Old Apr 21, 2014, 2:21 pm

Programs: NW Plat, Hilton, Avis
I'm OK starting second weekend in August, but since I'm not definite on attending (need discounted I or Z fare availability) I don't want to sway the vote. Just an FYI here.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 4:15 pm

I do have some possible family visits that I am holding off on saying aye to until this DO date is established. If nothing confirmed in the next 2 weeks I will probably make those other plans.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 5:57 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
August would work for me
Old Apr 24, 2014, 4:16 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Etihad Silver, Qatar Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, SPG, Hilton
Im interested, and willing to help with arrangements since Im based in Dubai. However my hands are full until 1st week of June.

Im happy with PH, for an alternate however, I can suggest the Millennium Hotel in Tecom. The Belgian Beer cafe there is fab and the muscles are superb.

Also the hotel is 10min taxi to Jetty Lounge at the One & Only, Jumeirah Beach hotel, Madinat Jumeirah, Emirates Golf club, Mall of Emirates,....etc
Old Apr 24, 2014, 11:47 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG Gold. I share these affiliations so that you can ask me questions about the programs
I'm also thinking about this do and would be interested to hear about hotels.

Are most people staying at the Park Hyatt? What kind of rates are people finding?
Old Apr 24, 2014, 6:27 pm

I was actually really looking forward to this Do as it would be my first one, however I've looked at ticket prices in August and they are way out of my budget (I am just a student!), therefore I will be unable to make this one. It's a shame as I believe the previous two were in June?

Perhaps next year!
Old Apr 24, 2014, 6:48 pm

To date: No dates have been established for this DO so it may be just a dream. Title does say July 31 to August 3 but not confirmed that I can see.

Last edited by dedehans; Apr 25, 2014 at 4:49 am
Old Apr 28, 2014, 8:24 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Any chance we can establish a date so we can make plans?
Old May 4, 2014, 4:01 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines
Original Poster

Hi all,

Apologies for not updating this... Work commitments got in the way, and then my wedding.

The survey shows begining of August as favourite. However, it doesn't appear that the original dates work due to the proximity to Eid. I can't make the following weekend unfortunately.

So, not quite sure where that leaves us.

If the original date does work, then I'll carry on and organise. If not, then I think I'll have to leave it to somebody else.

Cheers

Last edited by DYKWIA; May 4, 2014 at 4:08 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.