FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   CommunityBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/)
-   -   Dubai Do 2014 - September 4th - September 7th (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/1563808-dubai-do-2014-september-4th-september-7th.html)

DYKWIA Mar 27, 2014 6:36 am

Dubai Do 2014 - September 4th - September 7th

Following on from the last few posts here :-

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...-2013-dxb.html

I've decided that we need a 2014 version of the Dubai Do, and as nobody else seemed to be stepping up, I'll give it a go. The only other Do I've helped organised was the Manchester Concorde Do last year - which was about 6 miles from my house. This will be 3500 miles away, so slightly more difficult!

Anyway, the usual form for the Dubai Do is Thursday drinks (and maybe dinner), a Friday Brunch, and then something else on Saturday. People then tend to head back home on the Sunday. Remember weekend is Friday/Saturday in Dubai.

At the previous 3 Dos, the Friday Brunch has been at Traiteur at the Park Hyatt. There have been murmurings that we should look at alternatives. Please specify if you have a preference. I'm a very 'Better the devil you know' sort of person, and I've always enjoyed Traiteur, so I'd vote to go for that again. However, I'll leave it up to the majority.

Depending on how many people are interested, I'll see if we can make a group booking at whichever brunch we choose.

As for Saturday, I was thinking of Bateaux Dubai. I've been on it before, and it's a very pleasant way to spend an evening. If we get enough people interested, we could charter it. Please let me know if you'd be interested, and I'll make some initial enquiries.

Please reply to this post as usual if you are interested. When I get motivated, I'll create a Wiki :D

Cheers

DYKWIA Mar 27, 2014 6:36 am

Definite :-

DYKWIA+1
m3red+1
w00t
KU104
Zol
sharkey
paranoiatx+1
desertweasal+1

Possible :-

rxfleming+1
wolf539
AFAM-DFW
dehehans
armagebedar
Weatherboy
SQ421
jfkeze
sammy7
Goodmorning2U
penegal
meFIRST

DYKWIA Mar 27, 2014 6:37 am

Reserved again...

DYKWIA Mar 27, 2014 6:38 am

And one more for good luck.

w00t Mar 27, 2014 6:49 am

Interested and definitely joining (as every year).
Probably +1.

Maybe we can arrange something with EK again.

wolf539 Mar 27, 2014 7:46 am

Very strong maybe right now. I vote for keeping the brunch at Traiteur at the Park Hyatt.

armagebedar Mar 27, 2014 8:04 am

Dubai Do 2014 - July 31st - August 3rd

I'd love to go back again this year, and I've no problem with the Park Hyatt.

Pinky Mar 27, 2014 9:04 am

I am a strong maybe - if DYKWIA is organizing, I'll have to get my liver in order starting now!

Turicus Mar 27, 2014 9:31 am

As posted in the other thread, I'd join, but I probably won't be in the region by then, unfortunately.

m3red Mar 27, 2014 9:38 am

Originally Posted by wolf539 (Post 22597352)
Very strong maybe right now. I vote for keeping the brunch at Traiteur at the Park Hyatt.

Bubbilicious is on a parr if not better..

Let's go to somewhere new this year.

DYKWIA Mar 27, 2014 11:16 am

Originally Posted by Pinky (Post 22597807)
I am a strong maybe - if DYKWIA is organizing, I'll have to get my liver in order starting now!

:o :p ^

dedehans Mar 27, 2014 12:16 pm

I am a good maybe too....got some better pool shoes so I don't burn bottoms of feet off walking from chaise to pool at the PH...
reconfirm 31 July -03 August?

DXBFlyer Mar 28, 2014 6:28 am

Cant say if i'll be working or not during that period until end of June but likewise provisionally avail.

YohYohY Mar 28, 2014 12:49 pm

An alternative:

Brunch at the George n Dragon (Ambassador Hotel) - work through the cocktail list - very doable.
A short walk to the Star Wars bar (TGIT - in the Astoria Hotel).
A short taxi ride to the York - for a giggle.
Another short taxi ride to the Seaview for a pint and some live music.

:D

deirdre Mar 30, 2014 2:54 pm

Strong maybe for me. I loved the DO in '12.