Reload this Page >

Hamburg Do May 9-11, 2014: Airbus, Port Festival, Lufthansa Technik and more

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hamburg Do May 9-11, 2014: Airbus, Port Festival, Lufthansa Technik and more

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2014, 9:43 am

Programs: LH Sen, UA 1K, BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platin Ambassador
Originally Posted by oliver2002
mlang2 had an idea for a BRE JU52 DO in late October. The JU is there during the week though and I leave for India that Saturday. OTOH they also have a LH presence there and Airbus plants too.
The airport in BRE also offers good airport guiding tours, which can be found here: http://www.airport-bremen.de/erlebni...rt/fuehrungen/ (sorry, the website is german-only, but the tour could also happen in english).

I took part at one of these tours two years ago, our guide was a former LH pilot and he was great.
Old May 13, 2014, 11:42 am

mlang2 had an idea for a BRE JU52 DO in late October. The JU is there during the week though and I leave for India that Saturday. OTOH they also have a LH presence there and Airbus plants too.
Yes, I had this crazy idea on the way home.

Besides the fact that the Ju will be there for 5 days in October 2014 Bremen would offer the possibilities to probably build some program with Airbus and Lufthansa Flight Training. And Bremen is a historical city with some nice spots to visit.

But, as Oliver said, the JU will be there during the week, not the weekend.
Old May 13, 2014, 3:36 pm

Programs: LH [FTL]
Originally Posted by MLang2
Besides the fact that the Ju will be there for 5 days in October 2014 Bremen would offer the possibilities to probably build some program with Airbus and Lufthansa Flight Training. And Bremen is a historical city with some nice spots to visit.
With BRE being my home airport, I would certainly join the event. I would also be very interested in visiting LH Flight training.
If physical presence close to BRE is helpful for any organisational aspect, just let me know.
Old May 13, 2014, 4:07 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I've never been to Bremen and it sounds like there's a potential for a very interesting Do. ^
Old May 19, 2014, 7:45 am

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
Too bad we didnt have the DO one week later, this weekend was 90% sunny and there was only a little rain on sunday late afternoon.

Bremen DO would be cool!

And thanks oliver for the organization!
Old May 19, 2014, 8:08 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
The Hamburg Do was one of the best I have ever attended. I loved the tours, loved the company... seeing old friends and making a few new ones. The boat tour... everything.... (well, maybe not the cold rain on the boat tour but hey! Unavoidable)

Thank you Oliver (and whoever else had a hand) in organizing this. My first 'real' visit to Germany was a great one... and I can't wait to go back this summer!
Old May 19, 2014, 10:59 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
It looks like LHflyer has unloaded the pictures from his camera...!
Old May 23, 2014, 10:57 am

It looks like LHflyer has unloaded the pictures from his camera...!
its hard when my server is run by a commodore Vic-20 and a hamster that belongs to a french union....
Old May 23, 2014, 10:58 am

Finally had a chance to sort photos and pick out some of the better ones. Rain did not make it easy. Here is my trip report that has some of the highlights. I have other pictures, more of boats and fireworks primarily that I'll get on to flickr in the next few days and will post them here as well. I intentionally held back photos that had any attendees in them - I did not want to publish their image without permission, etc.
Old May 23, 2014, 2:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Great pics!

Cheers.
Old May 25, 2014, 7:10 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
Looks like a whole lotta fun. Great photos. I love ports so sorry I didn't win this one...by the way, I'm still waiting to hear from the guys in Houston regarding my simulator ride. I know Capt. Denny is awfully busy, but those guys in Houston need to contact me.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 1:02 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
So, I finally managed to get my act together and published a post about our two days in Hamburg. If you get a chance, please have a look. The story is definitely told from a non-technical point of view! I couldn't avoid posting one picture with people in it (one with the tour guide) so if you see yourself in that picture and don't particularly want to be 'seen', shoot me a pm and I'll take it out of the post. All other pictures just feature the backs of heads so I don't think those will be an issue.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 8:10 pm

"Lucky winner" here… I've rebooked my ill-fated JU flight to the 16th of October in Dortmund. If anyone is in the area at that time let me know. I will most likely be staying near DUS or CGN in the surrounding days before moving on to points beyond.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 6:01 am

German TV [ZDF]: DER-SUPERFLIEGER - Wenn-Riesen-fliegen [in German]

Found this documentary last week, which reminded me of last year's Do.
The second part will be shown on TV tomorrow.

Best wishes,
SegRun
Old Nov 1, 2020, 3:53 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Came across this german documentary today... it covers some parts of the hangar we visited and the engine overhaul workshop we briefly peeked into.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.