Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Hamburg Do May 9-11, 2014: Airbus, Port Festival, Lufthansa Technik and more

Hamburg Do May 9-11, 2014: Airbus, Port Festival, Lufthansa Technik and more

Old Nov 18, 2013, 6:28 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Cool Hamburg Do May 9-11, 2014: Airbus, Port Festival, Lufthansa Technik and more

I have put together a small programme around the JU 52 flight winner in the current Jason Dahl raffle that is open to all FTers.

Friday May 9:

Lufthansaflyer and the raffle winner visit LH in Frankfurt and fly to Hamburg (HAM) to board the JU52 flight over the opening parade of the Hamburg Port festival.

Saturday May 10:

At 11am, we get a special 2 1/2 hour tour of Airbus in Finkenwerder (XFW) including the assembly of the A320 series and the final finishing line of the A380.
The preliminary booking is for 20 to max 40 participants. Cost per person for this will be 25-33€/Person (depending on the final number of participants (ie if we have 40 the cost is 25€, for 20 its 33€ each) Note the minimum age for this tour is 14 years.

The afternoon is open for participants to roam about and check out the various attractions. I'm planning to go see the Miniworld, if the weather is fine I'll try and visit the various events of the port festival.

At 7pm we board a sail yacht for a dinner and drinks sailing down the Elbe rive towards the sea, turning back in Blankenese (near XFW) to observe the port festival fireworks. The yacht returns to port at 11.30pm.
The dinner cruise costs 105€/Person and includes a bubbly welcome drink with fingerfood and a full buffet dinner.

Sunday May 11:

At 10.00am (exact timing TBD) we will get a 3 hour tour of all that LH Technik has to offer in HAM: the VIP Hangar for the private jet fittings, the overhaul workshops, the large hangar and a small present to remember the visit. This tour is limited to 22 participants, the cost of 640€ (ie 32€/person) will be picked up by LH. Note the minimum age for this tour is 16 years.

All events are optional, if you want to join us you can sign up for any or all event(s).

Participation:
If you are interested in joining us, please send me a PM with your full name and contact details.

Please indicate if you want to join the:

[ ] Airbus tour
[ ] Dinner cruise
[ ] LH Technik tour

If you are joining the tour(s), I need the following personal details:

First/Last name, Full postal Address, Date & Place of Birth, Nationality

The above information is required by Airbus and/or LHT to forward to the XFW and HAM airfield security.

As usual I will not forward your FT member name to any participating travel provider.

Once I have your details I will forward you info on how to pay for the events.

I have prepaid half of the Airbus tour and the Dinner Cruise.

Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Participants:

View Screen Capture

Last edited by oliver2002; Apr 30, 2014 at 8:04 am
Old Nov 18, 2013, 6:28 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Cool Hamburg Do May 9-11, 2014: Airbus, Port Festival, Lufthansa Technik and more

Most of the details are still in the air, but I'm busy figuring out a neat programme in and around Hamburg (Germany) for the weekend of May 8-11 next year.

Events start with a JU-52 flight for the winner of an upcoming raffle over the Grand Arrival parade on the 825th Hamburg Port Anniversary.
http://www.hamburg.de/hafengeburtstag-english/
There are some seats available for JU 52 rides over the grand departure parade on the afternoon of sunday May 11!
http://www.dlbs.de/de/Ju-52-Rund-und...2-Flugplan.php

Keeping in mind that Hamburg has beautiful locations that make every frequent fliers heart jump:
http://www.airbus.com/company/worldw...us-in-germany/
http://www.lufthansa-technik.com/hamburg
http://www.miniatur-wunderland.com/e...about-airport/

I'm sure we will put together a nice programme. So mark your calendars!
Old Nov 18, 2013, 6:46 am

Programs: LH HON,AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, and a few more
I will be in Hamburg during these dates and should be able to attend.

Last edited by roadwarrior365; Nov 18, 2013 at 10:13 am
Old Nov 18, 2013, 7:00 am

Programs: KL FlyingBlue Gold, AY+, MM FTL, TK*G
Date marked .
Old Nov 18, 2013, 9:09 am

Mark the date: Hamburg Do May 8-11, 2014

Date saved
Old Nov 18, 2013, 10:01 am

We'll be starting the Jason Dahl Scholarship fundraiser event in the first week of January - Winner gets the JU-52 ride and something nice in FRA before heading to HAM! Going to be quite a weekend!

Last edited by LufthansaFlyer; Nov 18, 2013 at 10:07 am
Old Nov 18, 2013, 11:41 am

Programs: most of them
The Miniatur Wunderland is astounding! Maybe you all can get the behind the scenes tour there.

I was a little sad that I didn't get to do the Airbus tour when I was in Hamburg last summer.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 12:53 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer
We'll be starting the Jason Dahl Scholarship fundraiser event in the first week of January - Winner gets the JU-52 ride and something nice in FRA before heading to HAM! Going to be quite a weekend!
Sounds like fun! I'll be looking forward to another excellent Jason Dahl Scholarship fundraiser event!
Old Nov 18, 2013, 2:28 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Yipee! A chance to fly 4U.

So which is the JU 52 party flight? 17:15 or 18:30?
Old Nov 18, 2013, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Yipee! A chance to fly 4U.

So which is the JU 52 party flight? 17:15 or 18:30?
Hoping I can double dip with one along with the 3:45p....
Old Nov 18, 2013, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by Pat89339
Sounds like fun! I'll be looking forward to another excellent Jason Dahl Scholarship fundraiser event!
It promises to be the best prize package yet....FRA, HAM, Hotel, tours, etc etc.....
Old Nov 18, 2013, 3:15 pm

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
date marked in my calendar ... ^
Old Nov 19, 2013, 2:34 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Only one ticket left on LH9816 HAM-HAM 11.05.14.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 7:29 pm

So have we decided which will be the official flight?
Old Nov 19, 2013, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
Another Vote for Miniatur Wunderland

Originally Posted by glennaa11
The Miniatur Wunderland is astounding! Maybe you all can get the behind the scenes tour there.
A video of Miniatur Wunderland is here.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.