Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Around the World in 5 Boroughs: Join Us!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Around the World in 5 Boroughs: Join Us!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2016, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold 0.66MM, MR LT Titanium, IHG Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hecate
Haven't been here in ages, and noticed the last of these do's was back in November with nothing new scheduled. Is this do (which says an average frequency of 26 days) dead, or just on "winter hiatus"?
Definitely not dead! Working on finding a good place (Czech Republic) for the weekend of the WineDo. Hope to have an update shortly
Old Jan 14, 2016, 6:36 pm

Programs: First Time Flyer
Originally Posted by thewayofthefuture
Definitely not dead! Working on finding a good place (Czech Republic) for the weekend of the WineDo. Hope to have an update shortly
Sounds like I need to come back to NYC

Had dinner in Melbourne (Australia, not Florida) with PbodyPhoto the other day. It was quite a bit warmer than NYC this time of year.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 11:10 am
Original Poster

I had intentions of organizing a Czech meal Friday night, ahead of this weekend's wine dinner, but the snowstorm has altered those plans. Instead I've made a reservation at Koliba in Astoria for Sunday afternoon (1/24) at 2:00pm. This is right off the last stop on the N train - Astoria/Ditmars Blvd

They can accomodate up to 20, but they've asked for a headcount by tomorrow or Friday. Unlike the last few dinners, this one won't be family-style, but I'm sure there will still be plenty of sharing.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 11:28 am

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
My flight home is at 12:15 PM on Sunday so I will not be able to attend. That is unless the snowstorm grounds my flight, then all bets are off.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 11:31 am

Programs: US, HH
And my flight is at 5.10pm out of LGA, can possibly stay for an hour or so. Or see about an SDC to the 7pm.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by GrjApp
And my flight is at 5.10pm out of LGA, can possibly stay for an hour or so. Or see about an SDC to the 7pm.
AA has a weather waiver in place now. You might be able to just change to one of the later flights for free now.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 2:05 pm

Programs: US, HH
Originally Posted by jackal
AA has a weather waiver in place now. You might be able to just change to one of the later flights for free now.
Was able to do just that! Now leaving a couple hours later, so will plan on joining lunch.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by GrjApp
Was able to do just that! Now leaving a couple hours later, so will plan on joining lunch.
Cool. I'll be there, too!

Originally Posted by BOB W
My flight home is at 12:15 PM on Sunday so I will not be able to attend. That is unless the snowstorm grounds my flight, then all bets are off.
Storm should be over by Sunday mid-morning or so, so you'll probably make it out with at most a small delay, I predict.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by penegal
Sounds like I need to come back to NYC

Had dinner in Melbourne (Australia, not Florida) with PbodyPhoto the other day. It was quite a bit warmer than NYC this time of year.
You don't scare me.

dh
Old Jan 20, 2016, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I can probably be there, as it's pretty close to LGA, and I am leaving that evening. Probably go there and head to the Centurion Lounge.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 4:08 am

Programs: QF LTG
I'm in. Look forward to it!
Edit: that is if I make it back to NYC, flying out of SYD tomorrow and should make it back just before the blizzard

Last edited by PbodyPhoto; Jan 21, 2016 at 6:09 am
Old Jan 21, 2016, 8:22 am

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Jumping to this thread... since it is the same weekend of the Czech, and I am promoting it on the WD8.5 thread, I would also like to promote WD8.5 in case you wish to make it a fabulous weekend...
Old Jan 21, 2016, 11:33 am
Original Poster

by my count, including some non-FT friends, we're looking at ~17 now - did i miss anyone?

Attending
bdnyc [likely]
FlyinHawaiian
frantic
GrjApp
jackal
monitor
PBodyPhoto
thewayofthefuture +~8

Maybe
krazykanuck
Old Jan 22, 2016, 12:40 am

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Gold, SkyMiles Dirt
Will be on the way back from HKG and will miss this one, I'm back in for next time!
Old Jan 23, 2016, 5:16 pm

Programs: QF LTG
Unfortunately my flight out of LAX was canceled and I can't get back to NYC until Monday now. Will have to miss this one but will make sure I'm at the next!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.