Reload this Page >

Aug. 25 ORD-area dinner with Captain Denny: Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aug. 25 ORD-area dinner with Captain Denny: Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2012, 12:22 pm

I'm going to head out soon to Rosemont and hit up the penny slots at Rivers until it's time for dinner. See you all soon!

Originally Posted by CubsFanJohn
I can drop off people at the L if needed after dinner. Just let me know.
I, for one, would much appreciate a drop off at the blue line if you have room.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 12:27 pm

Looks like it's going to work out. See you all there.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 2:20 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AA Advantage
Originally Posted by WanderLuster
I'm going to head out soon to Rosemont and hit up the penny slots at Rivers until it's time for dinner. See you all soon!

I, for one, would much appreciate a drop off at the blue line if you have room.
Yes I do! I will have a blue collared shirt on and short blonde hair just look for me.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I'm at the ORD Hyatt right now (9300 Bryn Mawr), if anybody is around or wants to meet for a drink, etc.

Plenty of free snacks in the regency club.

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I am totally swamped with work & really shouldn't attend, but I decided I'm going to come anyway to see 2 of my favorite captains (if Dan makes it as well as Denny) & FTers.

I've decided to do the public transport thing, so will need a ride to/from the dinner if someone has a car. I'm at the Renaissance ORD Suites, which is at 8500 W. Bryn Mawr.

Cheers.
Glad to hear that you'll be able to attend ^
Old Aug 25, 2012, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
First one here!

$3 Sam Adams Oktoberfest pints!
Old Aug 25, 2012, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Thanks to toomanybooks, Captain Denny, Captain Dan, and Captain John for a great evening ^
Old Aug 25, 2012, 10:31 pm
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Thanks to toomanybooks, Captain Denny, Captain Dan, and Captain John for a great evening ^
+1!

And also thanks, sweet_willie, for organizing although you weren't able to make it tonight.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 11:50 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AA Advantage
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
It was great meeting many of you guys!^
Old Aug 26, 2012, 7:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
It was great to see FTers, & the 3 Captains last night! Good way to start the Cap'n Dahl Fundraiser!

Can't believe I forgot my camera; learning how to use one of the disposable ones I'll take it it into a place to get the film developed/put on a CD, and will then upload photos to my website/post link here.

Cheers.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 8:04 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by EsquireFlyer
And also thanks, sweet_willie, for organizing although you weren't able to make it tonight.
thanks
Old Aug 26, 2012, 1:50 pm

A Hearty Thanks

My hats off to toomanybooks and sweet_willie for an enjoyable evening. It was nice to see familiar and new faces. The evening was well organized and toomanybooks picked the perfect waitress(Kailee). She should be invited to all the FT events. Each person received their own personal bill from her at the evenings end and no errors were made.

Thank you everyone for coming.

Capt Denny
Old Aug 26, 2012, 5:26 pm

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Special thanks to Capts Denny, Dan and John and everyone else for a wonderful evening. Heartily agree that Kailee did a fabulous job -- maybe we should recommend her to our favorite Chicago airline to do a refresher course on customer focused service.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 6:27 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus; American Advantage; Marriott Rewards; Hilton Honors
Great to see so many FTers including Captains Denny, Dan, and John for a great get together. Agree that our server was just terrific too.

Thanks to toomanybooks and Sweet Willie (in absentia) for organizing this one.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 6:56 am

Great to see all of you and to meet many of you. Thank you toomanybooks and Sweet Willie for getting it together. A very nice evening and great way to kick off the fund raising drive.

I hope of some you make it out to Reno during the Air Races (Sep 12 -16). Look us up, PM me or leave a note on the Radial Velocity Facebook page if you can. It looks like I'll be there in the early part of the week (like 10th and 11th). I have not seen the airplane yet, but John said the FlyerTalk logo will be on the front of the airplane this year - better for pictures.

Hope to see you all at another dinner soon.

Captain Dan
Old Sep 19, 2012, 2:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Better late than never...

Finally uploaded pics from the dinner:

http://public.fotki.com/SkiAdcock/fl...andahl-ord-do/

If you all will recall, I forgot my digital camera & bought one of those single-use film cameras. So the quality isn't as good as digital. Actually I'm not so sure it's due to the camera, but where I had the film developed. Anyway, at least we have some images from that evening.

Again, good seeing the 3 Captains & other FTers that night!

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.