Aug. 25 ORD-area dinner with Captain Denny: Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aug. 25 ORD-area dinner with Captain Denny: Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2012, 1:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 2MM, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Please add BL1KITW +1 in the definitely column.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 7:52 am

Location: MCO (Big Iron), ORL (Little Iron) formerly SFO and PAO/SFB
Programs: UA 1MM/Gold/UC, SPG PLT LTG, Marriott PLT, peon at AA, AC, BR, B6, DL, NH, and WN
Count me in. I'm looking forward to meeting Capt. Denny again.

Thanks!
Old Aug 4, 2012, 10:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by EsquireFlyer
Hey I have a cat 1-4 cert too!! Good idea!

EDIT: Wow, actually, I have three of those cat 1-4 certs, two from the "summer bonus" promotion that I forgot I registered for.
I've got 2 of them. I'm thinking of staying at the Renaissance O'Hare Suites since last report in the Marriott forum said they offered buffet breakfast on weekends. Need to confirm that though.

Ren ORD Suites, Marriott ORD Suites & Marriott ORD are all Cat 4, so any of them will work. Not sure if there's a big difference between where they're located & the dinner venue. Speaking of which, do we know the dinner venue?

PS - If I make it, I might do public transportation this time, so would need a ride to/from the dinner.

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Aug 4, 2012 at 10:50 am
Old Aug 4, 2012, 11:34 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
PS - If I make it, I might do public transportation this time, so would need a ride to/from the dinner.
This is a general offer for any out of town attendees staying at one of the ORD area hotels ... PM me if you need a ride.

We live about 15 minutes from ORD and will have room for 2 in our car (3 if you don't mind being a little cozy).
Old Aug 4, 2012, 3:45 pm
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Ren ORD Suites, Marriott ORD Suites & Marriott ORD are all Cat 4, so any of them will work. Not sure if there's a big difference between where they're located & the dinner venue. Speaking of which, do we know the dinner venue?
Is any of them better than the others (that you know of?). Or should I just book the one with the highest cash price to get the most "value" from the Cat 4 cert?
Old Aug 4, 2012, 5:14 pm

Hey All, I am doing my best to be there on the 25th. I am scheduled to work that night so it is doubtful. I have requested to have that night off, but there is a lot of flying to do in August. We are looking forward to another good fund-raising year, as well as resuming races in Reno. Thank you all so much for the awesome support we got last year. I hadn't posted in the Radial Velocity Facebook page for a while, but I just updated it and I will be sure to now that things will be moving along.

Hoping to see you on the 25th.

Danno
Old Aug 4, 2012, 6:01 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Aug 25

TMB
Please count me in as a Maybe.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by EsquireFlyer
Is any of them better than the others (that you know of?). Or should I just book the one with the highest cash price to get the most "value" from the Cat 4 cert?
I'm looking at the Ren ORD Suites because, unlike the other 2 properties, it offers a buffet breakfast to Gold/Plats (just confirmed this on the phone) on the weekend when the lounge is closed. And the rooms are suites. Also, supposedly it's only a 5-10 minute walk from the Blue Line.

Originally Posted by Captain Dan
Hey All, I am doing my best to be there on the 25th. I am scheduled to work that night so it is doubtful. I have requested to have that night off, but there is a lot of flying to do in August. We are looking forward to another good fund-raising year, as well as resuming races in Reno. Thank you all so much for the awesome support we got last year. I hadn't posted in the Radial Velocity Facebook page for a while, but I just updated it and I will be sure to now that things will be moving along.

Hoping to see you on the 25th.

Danno
Hi Cap'n Dan! Hope you can make it.

Cheers.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 9:59 am

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
I'm looking at the Ren ORD Suites because, unlike the other 2 properties, it offers a buffet breakfast to Gold/Plats (just confirmed this on the phone) on the weekend when the lounge is closed. And the rooms are suites. Also, supposedly it's only a 5-10 minute walk from the Blue Line.
I'd vote for Ren too. Rooms are large. Blue Line is less than 5 min walk; maybe a 5 min crawl. Buffet breakfast is good too, with made to order stations and a good selection of fruit. Buffet lunch isn't bad either.

FS Marriott (not Suites) is also close to L.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 9:22 pm

Thanks! Too bad I'm a lowly Silver with Marriott. But the rooms sound good and the short walk to the Blue Line (if accurate) is a plus, too. So maybe I will book that hotel as well.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 9:26 pm

I just booked my flight! UA 1098 EWR-ORD. Fingers crossed for an upgrade, because the plane is a CO 752! (i.e, flat beds for a 2 hour flight).

Arrival is 2:22pm.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 10:38 am

Move me to the confirmed list. I'll be staying at the Ren ORD Suites using my Cat 1-4 cert.

Cheers.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 2:46 pm

Please put me on the confirmed list.

I'm happy that this (and the Gospel Brunch) are taking place on the only two days I'm actually scheduled to be in Chicago for the month.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 6:51 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AA Advantage
Put me as a maybe. Not sure yet depends on the job situation.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 7:23 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k
Maybe, I will be in ORD that weekend but have a previous obligation that is to be scheduled for either the 25th or 26th. I will try to influence it for the 26th.
Put me in the no list, the other event can't be moved.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.