Last edit by: FlyerBeek
next meet-up:

Print Wikipost

The DC Area Happy Hour Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2012, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2.5MM; HH Diamond; Hyatt Platinum; MR Gold
monitor has confirmed that he and Franny will be in Arlington on Monday, April 30, and will likely have a very early flight out the following morning. Given that, how about an event in Clarendon? I know it's technically DC's turn, but a NoVA event will make things a little easier for them. Who's interested? And suggestions on a venue -- please?
Old Apr 19, 2012, 4:21 am

Does it have to Clarendon? Lots of good places in Arlington. Either way going to have to count me out as I am usually working until about 7-8pm on Mondays.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 7:46 am

Programs: SPG
I'd be able to meet that day. it's right after the frequent traveler University...anyone else going to that?
Old Apr 19, 2012, 9:13 am

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
Originally Posted by gvdIAD
monitor has confirmed that he and Franny will be in Arlington on Monday, April 30, and will likely have a very early flight out the following morning. Given that, how about an event in Clarendon? I know it's technically DC's turn, but a NoVA event will make things a little easier for them. Who's interested? And suggestions on a venue -- please?
How about Eventide?

http://www.eventiderestaurant.com/
Old Apr 19, 2012, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by uva185
Looks like they're not open on Mondays:

Dining Room: Tue – Sat 5:30PM – 10PM
Bar: Tue – Sat 4:00PM – 2AM, Sun Open at 4PM
Old Apr 19, 2012, 12:43 pm

Worth of the town is best for planning the event because it's the only place which is truly in a class all on it's own. I haven't seen anything prettier with breath taking view.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 5:37 pm
Original Poster

We've had a request for a venue in Tysons Corner on Monday. The suggested restaurant is Seasons 52, at Tysons Corner Center. monitor has kindly offered to pick folks up at the Dunn Loring station on the Orange Line and then return them there at the end of dinner.

Let's say 6:30 pm for drinks and 7:00 pm for dinner.

Who's in?

Attending:

monitor
Franny
GoingAway
gvdIAD
uva185

Last edited by gvdIAD; Apr 30, 2012 at 12:59 pm
Old Apr 28, 2012, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
...monitor has kindly offered to pick folks up at the Dunn Loring station on the Orange Line and then return them there at the end of dinner...
Return them there?

Only if they do not want me to take them to Rosslyn Metro or any destination in-between.

We are staying in Arlington near the airport and that is where we are headed after dinner and can drop anyone off anywhere along the way.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 10:24 am

We've had a request for a venue in Tysons Corner on Monday. The suggested restaurant is Seasons 52, at Tysons Corner Center. monitor has kindly offered to pick folks up at the Dunn Loring station on the Orange Line and then return them there at the end of dinner.

Let's say 6:30 pm for drinks and 7:00 pm for dinner.

Who's in?

Attending:

monitor
Franny
GoingAway
gvdIAD
Mark me as maybe. Gonna do my best to come, but I'm not too enthusiastic about driving out 66 in rush hour.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Gonna do my best to come, but I'm not too enthusiastic about driving out 66 in rush hour.
I sympathize completely. I'm contemplating taking monitor up on his kind offer, given his willingness to drop folks off at Rosslyn on the return, meaning no train change for me to get home.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I sympathize completely. I'm contemplating taking monitor up on his kind offer, given his willingness to drop folks off at Rosslyn on the return, meaning no train change for me to get home.
What do you mean Rosslyn? I may have grown up in NYC but I never fell into the NY thing of dropping people at a subway stop.

I know about where you live and that is where I will drop you and will do the same for anyone else who has a home or a car parked in close-in Virginia.

ETA I can see Georgetown from my hotel room window so I would have no trouble even venturing over the Key Bridge (where can see that the traffic is quite light by now). Avis upgraded me to this enormous Buick and I can fit in three for the ride back.

Last edited by monitor; Apr 29, 2012 at 5:45 pm
Old Apr 30, 2012, 7:52 am

Programs: SPG
I work in Rosslyn...but I agree, if we could push back an hour, that would be much better for traffic.

Mark me as maybe. Gonna do my best to come, but I'm not too enthusiastic about driving out 66 in rush hour.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Right now the pickup is set at the Dunn Loring Kiss 'n' Ride for 620PM. If there is anyone else going to be there around that time or if a bit later, post and then PM to me so we can trade cell #s and we will wait.

If it needs to be more than a bit later, let us talk to gvdIAD and GoingAway about moving dinner back a half hour or so.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 12:37 pm

Ok, I think if I take Canal Rd to Chain Bridge I will avoid enough traffic to be able to do this. See everyone around 6:30.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

See everyone around 6:30.
Recently, you've been the first to arrive on more than one occasion; will the same hold true tonight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.