SFO/ORD/LAX/DFW AA Admirals Club MR DOs throughout January

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SFO/ORD/LAX/DFW AA Admirals Club MR DOs throughout January

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2012, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by 2millionquest
Yes, I've got at least two PLTs on my list who have reported getting ORC. Looks like it really wasn't your lucky day when you got the agent you got!
I'd just hang up and call again.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 11:54 am
KKR
Formerly known as kkr

Programs: AA EXP, VX Gold, SPG Platinum Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond
My ORCs just posted too! They look exactly as if I've flown those two flights.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 12:06 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Dear all

I just wanted to take a moment to thank toomanybooks and 2millionquest for this thread. ^ What started out as a simple coffee do in the AM at the AC, maybe with 10 people or so has evolved into this massive thread, with almost 200 people. I'm sure that the UNITED forum has a similar thread and they are having as much fun as we are. Thanks to their collective efforts I've meet some of you along the way, and I still have quite a few more to meet. I look forward to my next runs, and hope to see you along the way.

Again, thanks for your contribution, I'm glad that you all are part of this likeminded individuals.

See you in the air...............
Old Jan 24, 2012, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by KKR
How long did it take to post?
Old Jan 24, 2012, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, National Executive
Originally Posted by imm2b
How long did it take to post?
I called customer relations around noon yesterday and mine were posted this morning. I logged in late in the day yesterday and they were not showing yet. I assume there is some kind of batch sweep that runs overnight that updates the accounts.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 12:18 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K, AA EXP, VS Silver, HY Diamond, HI Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by JerryFu
thank you, that is good to know...and I'll be between ORD and SFO this weekend again, and be available to guest people

For the AX Plat, does it work the same for Delta and USAir clubs too?
Yes. The only difference being that for US, you don't actually need a ticket to access the club (so you could be flying on another carrier and gain access to the US club if it were in the same connected terminal as your departing/arriving flight).
Old Jan 24, 2012, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by pilotscott
I called customer relations around noon yesterday and mine were posted this morning. I logged in late in the day yesterday and they were not showing yet. I assume there is some kind of batch sweep that runs overnight that updates the accounts.
Thanks I called around 1PM ET yesterday too, but nothing posted yet.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by arollins
I just wanted to take a moment to thank toomanybooks and 2millionquest for this thread. ^
^ +1. HUGE thank you indeed!
Old Jan 24, 2012, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA PLT, UA GLD
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
I'd just hang up and call again.
I thought about it but it takes two transfers and 5 minutes wait just to get a CR agent. And I have to call at work which isn't easy for me
So I just took the refund.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, Hertz 5*, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by KKR
Would you please PM me with the details? I don't know what flights you're talking about, but I'd like to notate the spreadsheet accordingly. Thanks!
Old Jan 24, 2012, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Taking stock 1/2 way...

First of all, I'd like to share my great admiration for 2millionquest and toomanybooks for managing this herculean task, especially when they are traveling themselves.

At midpoint of my MR, here are a few random thoughts-

1. I managed a good price, but not the best. RM computers are good at mind games. While I was considering the $219 flights ORD-SFO/LAX, they raised it to 299. I resisted panic buying, but not when it came down to 219 again. Eventually, it settled on 179. I should have waited, at least for a few of my flights. Oh well, a lesson for future runs.

2. My shcedule in Chicago kind of forced me into very tight turnarounds. This has been good in a way, perhaps helped with MX irrops as I board the same plane back, but I have not been able to hang out with you guys and after 8 visits to SFO, not even seen the airport let alone the city.

3. The only part of SFO I have seen is between gate 58 and AC, and it looks nice and clean. My one odd trip was ORD-LAX-LAS-rt and one night in LAS was fun. I can give you tips on cheap rooms if you go soon, or they'll be outdated.

4. I have been lucky with the weather, no WX irrops so far, although they have been happening all around me.

5. It was a good idea to join AC for 30 days. That has soothed many stressful moments. I am not a big drinker, but have gotten to know those green apples.

6. I had decided not to request any ug, saving the stickers for my wife's use nest year. However, two dear friends offered their spare SWUs, which cleared immediately, so I'll get to see FC as well. Not sure if 2millionquest is tracking SWUs too, but I'll send a pm.

7. Coming back to coach, I have decided that for me "elbow room" matters more than "leg room". So instead of focusing on Exit Row or front/back, I'll try to see if I can sit next to an empty seat. Not easy to arrange under current loads, and they could always send someone at the last minute, but I have managed it on two flights.

8. My EQM count has remained approx at 50%. I wish AA would speed up the sweeps!

9. When AA announced DEQAA, they should have known it would put a lot of stress on last 3 weeks of January, after people were done with their Christmas and New Year obligations. February also being a slow month, I wish they had extended the promo at least to Feb 15, so the flights and the staff would not come under so much stress.

Tonight (1/24) I am flying 1521, 1522. I was going to offer to guest people at ORD AC, but everyone on that flight has access. So, just say hi if you see me at ORD/SFO lounges, gates, or aircraft cabins: blue fleece jacket, blue bag with FT luggage tag.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 12:36 pm

BTW, for those who are getting ORC, it's important to verify in your AAdvantage account that it looks exactly like you took the flights for which you are getting ORC. If the line item says something like "Customer Service Bonus x,xxx miles" or "AA Flt #9999," there's an excellent chance the automated sweep will not pick that up and you won't automatically get the associated bonus EQMs and RDMs.

This happened to me the very first time I requested and received ORC. Mine showed up as a "Customer Service Bonus." I got neither bonus EQMs nor RDMs when the sweep occurred. I made several phone calls trying to rectify the situation. I eventually did get the bonus RDMs, but never succeeded in getting the bonus EQMs. Since I managed to requal that year without them, I let it go; but for those who are depending on all bonus EQMs to get to their desired status level, keep a close eye on the ORC postings and sweeps results. There may be several more calls to customer relations in your future!
Originally Posted by pilotscott
CONFIRMED! The dates, flight #'s, and miles are all shown as if I actually took the flights!
Then hopefully, you'll be fine. In my case, when ORC postings looked indistinguishable from "real" postings, I never had any trouble during sweeps. I hope your experience is the same!
Originally Posted by KKR
CAVEAT: Even if you get a "real" ORC posting (and not a "customer service bonus") for a cancelled flight, IF you are rebooked on another carrier, your DEQ11 for the entire r/t, and your DEQAA for the ORC'd segment may still not get caught in the sweep, as happened to me for my mx canx 1341 ORD-SFO on 11JAN, which thus shorted me by 5,538 EQMs (1,846 x 3).

I called AA after the sweep of 16JAN and asked about 5,538 missing EQMs, and the rep said that he would have to "amend my original booking" (I suppose so that it would appear as if I had not been re-booked on another carrier's metal) so that the IRROP'd itin in question would get caught in the next sweep. I'm still waiting to see if that actually occurs. But what's even stranger is that IMMEDIATELY after the record was amended on 17JAN, is that I received 1,846 bonus RDMs in my account from the DEQ11 promo (even though no DEQ11 bonus RDMs have posted for any other flights since the first sweep on 06JAN).
Old Jan 24, 2012, 12:52 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
I just wanted to take a moment to thank toomanybooks and 2millionquest for this thread.
I heartily concur. Thanks to both of you!
Old Jan 24, 2012, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
AA 1247 cancelled

Heads up for anyone taking it on Thursday.
AA 1624 is also cancelled Thursday.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
I just wanted to take a moment to thank toomanybooks and 2millionquest for this thread.

Again, thanks for your contribution, I'm glad that you all are part of this likeminded individuals.

See you in the air...............
+2 ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.