Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Exclusive Invitation: The 2nd Frequent Traveler Awards, Citi Field NYC April 28th

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Exclusive Invitation: The 2nd Frequent Traveler Awards, Citi Field NYC April 28th

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2011, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Sitting in US lounge at LGA doing some work before heading to hotel. Rain is so heavy at times you cant see across the tarmac. Almost every flight out of here is delayed, but dont lose hope because I see lots of activity outside. Delays will probably happen, but the event is worth it...so have faith! See you all there...hopefully
Old Apr 28, 2011, 11:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, AC E, *G x2, BMI Silver, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, PC Platinum, Hilton Gold
Took two bumps in ORD this morning ;-)

Listening to Channel 9 was interesting today... listening to every planning their diversion contingencies... circled for about 30 mins. The planes stacked up on the tarmac and taxi-ways was quite a sight when we finally landed!

Now sitting in the Holiday Inn Bar working, watching the downpour.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA *Gold, Marriott PLT, Hyatt mid-tier whose stupid name I cannot ever recall
Event address

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I'm thinking if flight does take off that I might need to taxi directly to CitiField from LGA, depending on how much longer the rolling delays are, so need to find out where to go.

Cheers.

Sharon,

If you need to take a taxi, here is the event info:
The Caesar's Room at Citi Field
123-01 Roosevelt Ave, Flushing NY
Old Apr 28, 2011, 12:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.2; U; Series60/3.1 NokiaE71-2/300.21.012; Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 ) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413)

am on plane @ ord but they've pushed our departure again. We probably won't land until 5pm. Whoever gets to sheraton first, can you find out where we should get dropped @ citifield for those who might end up taking cab, and then post here. Thx
Old Apr 28, 2011, 2:36 pm

Woo-hoo! Landed. In RCC having a glass of champers while waiting for luggage* to come up, then will call LGA Sheraton shuttle & if the timing is correct, they'll get here at 5pm & hopefully get me to the hotel by 5:15pm, which gives me just enough time to change & get to lobby. Let the party, er, event begin! Actually Marriott might be glad I'm late because I forgot to print out all the info the Marriott elites wanted me to ask them (respectfully of course). See everyone soon!

* I would have done carry-on, but I'm carrying on one of the charity raffle prizes for Sat & that, plus laptop plus roll-aboard put me over on the carry-on limit, so I had to check roll-aboard. Please let it be at baggage claim or I will be 'very casual' for the awards tonight.

Cheers.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 2:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP (and 3mm), SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Virtuoso, FSPP
The front desk told me that Shuttles are running every 10 minutes (started at 4:30).
Old Apr 28, 2011, 2:59 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Arrive. I will be at the Sheraton Conceige Lounge at 5:30p then get a bus at 5:45p.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 9:02 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
A super event! Hats off to Tommy and all the other FT'ers who participated in this major event! ^
Old Apr 29, 2011, 6:59 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Amex Platinum, Inspirato, UA Spouse of GS,Amanjunkie,Starwood Platinum,Hyatt Diam
Originally Posted by cova
A super event! Hats off to Tommy and all the other FT'ers who participated in this major event! ^
Agreed - great event and nice to put some faces to flyertalk handles. Cannot wait for the next one.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 1:43 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
Thanks to Tommy and his crew for an
impressive and most enjoyable event.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 1:52 pm

+1 great event and it was good to see everybody there.

I did my patented "fall asleep" maneuver at one point. Somebody woke me up, and I said I wasn't really asleep, I knew Marriott just won another award.

-David
Old May 2, 2011, 9:45 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Thank you all for coming out and joining the party!
Old May 2, 2011, 10:14 am

Some pics from the FT Awards:

http://public.fotki.com/SkiAdcock/fl...t-awards-2011/

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.