Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Exclusive Invitation: The 2nd Frequent Traveler Awards, Citi Field NYC April 28th

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Exclusive Invitation: The 2nd Frequent Traveler Awards, Citi Field NYC April 28th

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2011, 11:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Will there be a shuttle running from the Sheraton, or are we to cab it over? If so, is there a specific spot to meet? Haven't been to Citifield, but my guess is the place is probably big

Cheers.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 1:49 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Attire

I assume the attire for men will be coat and tie for both the Citifield event as well as the luncheon on Friday?

I assume that hotel shuttle bus (used for airport shuttle) would transport people to Citifield (as well as from LGA).
Old Apr 25, 2011, 1:51 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by cova
I assume the attire for men will be coat and tie for both the Citifield event as well as the luncheon on Friday?

I assume that hotel shuttle bus (used for airport shuttle) would transport people to Citifield (as well as from LGA).
I'm wearing a tux, but coat and tie/dress is fine. Friday is more business casual.

We've chartered buses to go between the hotel and Citi Field till 6PM and also back after the ceremony.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 6:42 pm

From attending many Freddies & 1 FT Awards, it's usually biz attire for industry folk & attendees.

Tommy, if the event starts at 6pm for non-industry folk, what time do the shuttles start to get us over, given they end at 6pm?

Cheers.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 9:26 pm

LGA weather on Thursday

Thursday: Scattered thunderstorms in the morning becoming more widespread in the afternoon. A few storms may be severe. High 68F. Winds S at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 80%.
Could be flight delays arriving on Thursday.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 1:19 pm

Programs: UA .5M, Vistana 1-Star owner
Very excited to see old and new friends at the event. I come from work on the LIRR NYP-FLU 5:56-6:14 then rush to the Sheraton to drop off stuff then rush on the shuttle (if any) over.

Update: Didn't make it due to work running way late plus tiredness.

Last edited by Richard Chen; Apr 29, 2011 at 11:00 am
Old Apr 27, 2011, 8:20 pm

I'm still 50/50 on being able to make it. If I do will be after 6pm...so not counting on getting dinner.

But I assume the entrance doesn't open onto the stage in case I walk in during the ceremony...
Old Apr 27, 2011, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Weather update

From www.weather.com

Apr 28 Tomorrow
Scattered thunderstorms in the morning becoming more widespread in the afternoon. A few storms may be severe. High near 70F. Winds S at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 80%.

Apr 28 Tomorrow night
Isolated thunderstorms during the evening, then skies turning mostly clear overnight. Low around 55F. Winds SW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

Apr 29 Friday
More sun than clouds. Highs in the mid 60s and lows in the upper 40s.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 3:46 am

Programs: QF, AA, UA, AS, SW, CO
Ticket available

I can't make it, so my ticket is available for someone else. PM me.
Cheers
Storyteller
Old Apr 28, 2011, 6:54 am

Check you flights

Some flights into LGA are already being cancelled. US has cancelled some of the shuttles from DCA (due to LGA end).
Old Apr 28, 2011, 9:23 am

Currently at ORD. I think one flight later to LGA was cancelled. The rest are running 20-60 minutes behind due to ATC. I built in some leeway, so even if late I'll arrive in time.

Getting attention from TSA, flight attendant & all the RCC staff due to handcarrying one of the FTUni charity auction items LOL.

Cheers.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 9:33 am

Flight showing a 2 hour delay, so I don't know if I will make it.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 10:09 am

Delays are increasing from ORD & some flights are cancelled. I doubt tommy is reading this thread given how much he has to do today, but if by chance some of us arrive after shuttle stops from hotel & want to cab it over, where do we go? Will call? Somewhere else?

Cheers.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 10:51 am

LGA is on ground stop & flights are backing up. My 11am is now due to leave at 2:00pm, but we're on a 'pending' re: whether it will be cancelled. All the UA flights to LGA are either now really delayed or cancelled.

They were looking for volunteers for my flight & I thought of taking it for the VDB, but decided the way LGA is just getting there will be an accomplishment.

I'm thinking if flight does take off that I might need to taxi directly to CitiField from LGA, depending on how much longer the rolling delays are, so need to find out where to go.

Cheers.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 11:39 am

I am on us shuttle from dca. 1pm now on ground hold on the tarmac til 2:30 before an updated. The Trump son and daughter are on board. So m
aybe will get out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.