Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Exclusive Invitation: The 2nd Frequent Traveler Awards, Citi Field NYC April 28th

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Exclusive Invitation: The 2nd Frequent Traveler Awards, Citi Field NYC April 28th

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2011, 10:24 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by cova
Registered for FT awards dinner. Need Sheraton hotel link.
Sending the link out to everyone tomorrow. Thanks for waiting.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

Hotel link just sent to everyone who has signed up.

Only 9 spots left, if you want to attend it's time to rock and roll via this link:

http://guestli.st/46659

Oh, and the famous guest Gary was talking about is now confirmed:

Robert Wuhl will be the MC, so a real pro with Oscar experience, no more Tommy and Randy yawns
Old Mar 23, 2011, 8:28 pm

I've lost track of what awards mean what anymore... but bought a ticket guessing this is heavy on the legacy CO DO crew.

Work's kept me away from the mega events and 50/50 on being able to make this but bought ticket anyway.

Actually my last great airline do was a Delta customer event in their club at Citi Field with a bunch of their people, crews, and drinks (even Danny Meyer!). It's a good venue even without the baseball.

But is Total Rewards up for an award? Acela and Delta named venues there and it's booked into the Caesars room
Old Mar 24, 2011, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

Only 1 spot left. If you want in, pls act now.

Thank you all for signing up!
Old Apr 6, 2011, 7:20 pm
Original Poster

UPDATE!

The event has been full for a while, but we've been able to add a table of 12 to the ceremony at Citi Field.

So if you want in, here's your chance!
Old Apr 10, 2011, 11:08 pm
Original Poster

Event is now full. It's going to be a great party at Citi Field on April 28th!

It looks like next years event will be held at United's facilities at Newark airport, not sure if we will make that event available for frequent travelers.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Please let us know if any other seats open up. I would definitely be interested in attending or taking someone's seat if they cannot attend, thanks!
Old Apr 19, 2011, 11:45 am

Programs: UA .5M, Vistana 1-Star owner
Question

Originally Posted by tommy777
... next years event ... not sure if we will make that event available for frequent travelers.
Will it be for industry only? Is this year's event mostly for industry? I don't work in the industry. I'm registered thus ask if it'd be better to sell my ticket to someone who's in the industry and wants to attend.

As an aside, the New York Jets Draft Party happens this same evening, a topic for after-parties.

Also, though the event's sold out, http://guestlistapp.com/events/46659 remains available.

Last edited by Richard Chen; Apr 19, 2011 at 11:56 am
Old Apr 19, 2011, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Richard Chen
Will it be for industry only? Is this year's event mostly for industry? I don't work in the industry. I'm registered thus ask if it'd be better to sell my ticket to someone who's in the industry and wants to attend.

As an aside, the New York Jets Draft Party happens this same evening, a topic for after-parties.

Also, though the event's sold out, http://guestlistapp.com/events/46659 remains available.
There are 50 frequent travelers coming, so you'll be in good company.

But yes, there are 200++ industry people coming.

In Randy's spirit, we really want to keep the event open to frequent travelers. Randy always made the Freddies available to frequent travelers, we really want to keep this tradition alive as it always was a great party to attend. We've also taken it up a big notch, this years event will be awesome with a band and also Robert Wuhl as the MC.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 12:12 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Originally Posted by Richard Chen

I bought a table for 10 for me and readers of my blog, so definitely not all industry. Look forward to meeting everyone there.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 11:28 pm

In Randy's spirit, we really want to keep the event open to frequent travelers. Randy always made the Freddies available to frequent travelers, we really want to keep this tradition alive as it always was a great party to attend.
Please do! I'm sure that most of us are quietly appreciative of your efforts.

See you and Richard and the other 48 of us at Citi Field!

Thanks,
David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Apr 19, 2011 at 11:34 pm
Old Apr 20, 2011, 9:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Is there a time that the shuttle bus will take us from the hotel to CitiField - ie, we need to be in the lobby?

Cheers.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Robert Wuhl as the MC.
I was wondering what became of him.

Shameless plug below.

See you next week.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is CitiField close to the Holiday Inn? I may be staying there and was wondering if I can walk over.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 2:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Is CitiField close to the Holiday Inn? I may be staying there and was wondering if I can walk over.
Which Holiday Inn? This one?
The Holiday Inn LaGuardia Airport Hotel is the only hotel within walking distance to where the New York Mets play at the former Shea Stadium, the new Citi Field!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.