Community
Wiki Posts
Search

StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2010, 9:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Ok, I've paid for the charter! I've actually got to do some work (I know, novel thought), so will take a look at the TATL & hotel stuff later today.

Cheers.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by mhnadel
Similarly, I made the reservations at the IAH Sheraton (using the discount code) but had not checked the box there originally, thinking I would do a nearby property (which turned out not to be a good deal, given the Starwood offer). Should I update the registraiton to say I do need hotel reservations there, even though I already have them?
Yes, please!
Also, re: the FT Awards, if I recall correctly, the previous info was that there was a separate charge for that. Is that true and, if so, where do we pay that?
Yes -- information on that will be available within 48 hours.
Originally Posted by lili
I think I'm missing something. Checked LH flights JFK-FRA and FRA-IAH on the website, but haven't found any way to book, get record locator or anything.

Is there an email I missed? Please advise.
Oliver sent out that information via email. If you did not receive it, send relevant details to the email address on the web site,
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
One more question to clutter the thread.

Can I assume that meal preference for F pax on the charter, which was mentioned some time ago, will be sorted out later? I just want to make sure that I don't have to pretend I have food allergy.
We will handle meal information soon. If you need to let us know something about the meal, fill in the box on the data update entry form. Right nw we're trying to get through the process of ticketing everyone.

Xyzzy
Old Sep 30, 2010, 10:05 am

Slightly confused about the TATL. My booking is still on OS, is that what I will end up being on? There was talk saying that it may be cancelled. In the e-mail you said that we would be billed by LH or LX, I didn't see OS there (unless you mean that LH will be the one billed).

Sorry to be a bother.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 11:08 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, SPG Plat
On the Starwood promo page there doesn't seem to be a way to register as an existing plat for the mystery promo.

Am thinking of adding on the Frankfurt piece. Is it possible to buy the LH FRA-IAH leg only? If so what is the price?
Old Sep 30, 2010, 11:31 am

Well Chase fraud automated voice line just called. Evidently the Charter triggered an alert. Can hardly wait to see what happens w/ paying for the TATL.

As lili mentioned, they ask info that is garnered from public sources (in my case, what type of car I own & which street I've lived on: 4 choices for each question), and then had to verify last 4 purchases, with the charter leading the way. What's the point of doing the security questions (ie, what's the name of your pet, what's your mom's maiden name, where were you born, yada, yada) they make you set up, if they're not going to use them?

So presumably Oliver et al will get the $$ for the charter.

Cheers.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Originally Posted by sfosolo
On the Starwood promo page there doesn't seem to be a way to register as an existing plat for the mystery promo.
If you're an existing Platinum and have reserved a room in our room blocks using your SPG number then you are covered.

I can't answer your question about TATL flights. Email your question to the event email address and Oliver will be able to do so.

Xyzzy
Old Sep 30, 2010, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K, AA EXP, VS Silver, HY Diamond, HI Gold, SPG Gold
Paid for charter; TATL booking class incorrect

Originally Posted by Art234
I just checked my reservation from LH with the record locator you sent me and you booked me Z JFK-FRA and Y FRA-IAH. I requested Z r/t.
Is this a correctable error?

With all due respect, with my back, 11 hr in Y is not an acceptable option.

Thanks for all you've done guys
First of all, thanks for everything, guys. Your hard work is paying off, and I appreciate it and am looking forward to the festivities!

So I've accepted the charter contract terms, and paid the charter flight balance via PayPal.

But like Art234 above, I, too, had requested LH Z-space on both TATL segments. And like Art234, from the LH website, I see that I am in Z outbound to FRA, but Y inbound to IAH. Can this be fixed? Please advise. I know timeframes are tight for you, and believe me, I want to transmit payment data to you for the TATL ASAP. Happy to PM if it's easier so as to avoid further clutter on the thread.

Thanks again.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 12:55 pm

Programs: LH SEN/*G
My money is in the Paypal hat. (It triggered a fraud call from MBNA less than two minutes after I pressed pay...).

I've booked my TATL on rev tickets (that whole "flying back to BRS" thing), so have e-mailed to cancel the res on CO047. I'll be on 440 with the rest of the gang.

I was in DC yesterday, and have drummed up some interest - will try and nudge people into booking.

(BTW - like the TomOli LLC vehicle! But seriously, what a lot legals to book a charter. Way more than the Europe one...)

Last edited by BristolTraveller; Sep 30, 2010 at 12:58 pm Reason: Added the bit about paperwork...
Old Sep 30, 2010, 1:23 pm

Programs: LH
Payed. Guys, looking forward meeting all of you.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 1:46 pm

Good news; bad news.

Good news - correctly shows me in biz class both directions for the TATL portion.

Bad news - doesn't show my feeder flight(s) to NYC which I put in original booking. Also says ressie can't be modified. So does this mean I'm now on my own to get to NYC?

Need some clarification before I pay so that I don't get hit w/ a change fee.

I bet oliver is going to have a massive headache in the morning, and it's probably not going to be due to Oktoberfest

Cheers.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 2:04 pm

Programs: LH
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I bet oliver is going to have a massive headache in the morning
Actually, my guess is, that he starts recovering from the DOT on his head.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 2:39 pm

Programs: LH SEN/*G
Facebook

One thing we could do to ease headaches for Oliver2002 and Tommy777 is help get the last seats shifted.

If you're a Facebook user, then you could
  • Share the website http://www.starmegado.com/ on your wall (as 58 people already have
  • RSVP to this event, which is a public event on Facebook for StarMegaDo II

And of course, Tweet it around a bit too.

30 seats to shift in 6 days....
Old Sep 30, 2010, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BristolTraveller
(BTW - like the TomOli LLC vehicle! But seriously, what a lot legals to book a charter. Way more than the Europe one...)
Xyzzy didn't really fit in with any other syllables

The paperwork was a pain, but we got through it. Ask me over a glass of something greater than 4 proof...

Xyzzy
Old Sep 30, 2010, 5:31 pm

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by xyzzy
Ask me over a glass of something greater than 4 proof...
We can bring liquids onto this flight?
Old Sep 30, 2010, 6:00 pm

Paid for the charter including"shipping and handling" as well as the exorbitant Exchange rate for CDN.!! Hope the FT awards fee does not come with shipping and handling!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.