Wiki Posts
Search

StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2010, 12:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Hotel group rates expire today??!!

Was just on the StarMegado site, and noticed that FRA was taking ressies - but also that the group rate expires today! Did I miss the announcement where FRA was open to book?

Also noticed the other hotels group rates also list today as the last day for the group rate. Not sure that's accurate, but if it is & you haven't booked your hotel yet for any part of the Do, I'd suggest you do so asap!

Cheers.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 12:43 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Was just on the StarMegado site, and noticed that FRA was taking ressies - but also that the group rate expires today! Did I miss the announcement where FRA was open to book?
Email went out on 3rd September. You were probably on the move.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 12:47 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Shareholder
I know it's been posted somewhere, but does not appear on either the MegaDo site or the initial threads outlining the event, but exactly how many base miles will be earned from the Charter segments?

Using MileMarker I get:

IAH-PHX 1010 base miles
PHX-PAE 1130 base miles
Total 2140 base miles

Are these the correct numbers, from which we can then determine our specific elite bonuses, COS bonuses, etc.? I ask because the 4031 number above doesn't seem to relate to the MileMarker tally.
The base miles are 4031 based on this:
http://gc.kls2.com/cgi-bin/gc?PATH=i...OR=&MAP-STYLE=

UA/CO/LH/BD will award miles as per rules:

In LH as a Y pax you will get 4031 status and bonus miles plus 25% if you are FTL/SEN/HON, 3x that in F plus 25% elite bonus.
In BD you will get 4031 status and bonus miles plus 25% if you are Gold or Silver. As usual the 25% is only in bonus, not status miles.

sbm12 had posted the CO award levels earlier in this thread.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Email went out on 3rd September. You were probably on the move.
Thanks. Glad I caught it today. I'm not the only one who missed it though, since another FTer going on SMD2 just PM'd me 3 days ago asking when they were going to open up FRA Sheraton bookings.

Cheers.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 1:03 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Originally Posted by oliver2002
bmi just confirmed participation: miles will be credited, (4031 points (status and bonus), 25% bonus for BG*S and BD*G, 300% for F)

They will also come to FRA! ^
This is awesome! Now I'm regretting not trying to book in F!

Just to confirm - is the 4031 number for all who fly on the charter & choose bmi, even those who only fly the 5 November legs? Or will there only be partial earning for those of us making their own way home from SEA?
Old Oct 1, 2010, 1:05 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Everyone gets the same 4031 ++ miles. Period.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 1:20 pm

(Insert blonde joke here; boy do I feel foolish). I decided to put all the emails etc re: SMD2 into a separate folder. When I did the hotel confirmations into the folder I discovered that I had indeed made a ressie for FRA Sheraton back on 9/3, and I even remember (now) making a comment at the time about it being like Pavlov, get an email re: hotel booking, book right away, & xyzzy offering up a Nigerian bank scheme Now I need to cancel the extra FRA booking I made today.

Cheers.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 2:27 pm

Programs: LH SEN/*G
bmi just confirmed participation: miles will be credited, (4031 points (status and bonus), 25% bonus for BG*S and BD*G, 300% for F)
Boy, that makes being in F just even better. 12,093 status miles, and 13,101 destination miles.

*jumps for joy*

They will also come to FRA! ^
That's very good. It'll be good to hear what Hr. Prock-Schauer has to say about BD's new directions and re-found confidence.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Everyone gets the same 4031 ++ miles. Period.
I was under the impression one only received miles for the segments actually flown so those not taking the return to IAH on Saturday only earn 2142 base miles. Was that only the case with UA?
Old Oct 1, 2010, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by BristolTraveller
*jumps for joy*
This post is worthless w/o pictures

Cheers.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 12:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Shareholder
I was under the impression one only received miles for the segments actually flown so those not taking the return to IAH on Saturday only earn 2142 base miles. Was that only the case with UA?
That was the initial concept, but we are asking they credit all equally for all segments.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
That was the initial concept, but we are asking they credit all equally for all segments.
Appreciate the clarification on this point.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 2:28 pm

Regarding the Continental Day on the 4th - I just noticed that there is no RSVP requirement on the website for this. Was there a separate expression of interest required somewhere else? I have just managed to get out of my commitment in NY on Thursday so thought I'd head down a day early and join in the fun on the 4th!
Old Oct 2, 2010, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by Top of climb
Regarding the Continental Day on the 4th - I just noticed that there is no RSVP requirement on the website for this. Was there a separate expression of interest required somewhere else? I have just managed to get out of my commitment in NY on Thursday so thought I'd head down a day early and join in the fun on the 4th!
As far as I understand, you can attend that event as long as you are booked on a charter.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 3:19 pm

Programs: OnePass Platinum, Starwood Platinum, Avis First, Hilton Silver, Marriott Platinum
We are all set! COFlyerCLE and COFlyerCLE+1

Looking forward to meeting so many of you at IAH.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.