Reload this Page >

StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2010, 2:30 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by supermasterphil
Totally OT but I definitely admire the stuff you smoke
You forget that tommy is a bit older than you... Plus the life expectancy of Norwegians in Chicago is certainly different from SMF growing up downwind from Leverkusen and Dormagen
Old Oct 11, 2010, 3:19 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by oliver2002
You forget that tommy is a bit older than you... Plus the life expectancy of Norwegians in Chicago is certainly different from SMF growing up downwind from Leverkusen and Dormagen
You might want to go back to school and get familiar with maps. Not sure how the place I grew up and Dormagen / Leverkusen have to do with each other or how you know how far they are apart from each other. Oh wait, you only assumed and have no clue whatsoever where I grew up

Last edited by supermasterphil; Oct 11, 2010 at 3:32 am
Old Oct 11, 2010, 6:11 am

Programs: DL 1MM Platinum, UA 1k, HH Silver, BonVoy Platinum
Have there been any updates to timing and details for events on the 4th and 5th? (and even the 3rd)? I looked on the website under event details but most of it remains TBA, except for charter flight times. Cheers!
Old Oct 11, 2010, 6:20 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Nov 4 we start at 11.30 am thru lunch till about 2.30pm, then the FT awards stuff starts.

Nov 5 we spend the time in PHX completely at US Airways, the in PAE at Boeing, followed by a direct bus trip to the Sheraton for the SPG party. Luggage will be taken to the Westin.

Nov 3 we have no specific plans yet, most likely no events.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 6:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by supermasterphil
You might want to go back to school and get familiar with maps. Not sure how the place I grew up and Dormagen / Leverkusen have to do with each other or how you know how far they are apart from each other. Oh wait, you only assumed and have no clue whatsoever where I grew up
If I were you I would have gone w/ the compliment where he stated that tommy was older than you

Originally Posted by Powers106
Have there been any updates to timing and details for events on the 4th and 5th? (and even the 3rd)? I looked on the website under event details but most of it remains TBA, except for charter flight times. Cheers!
I was wondering this as well (and for the 31st event), but I figured I'd ask after the guys got the sign-up/payment for the charter. Also I haven't seen the TATL hit my account yet, but again I'm assuming that's due to them just processing in a batch.

Cheers.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Nov 4 we start at 11.30 am thru lunch till about 2.30pm, then the FT awards stuff starts.

Nov 5 we spend the time in PHX completely at US Airways, the in PAE at Boeing, followed by a direct bus trip to the Sheraton for the SPG party. Luggage will be taken to the Westin.

Nov 3 we have no specific plans yet, most likely no events.
Just for clarification:

I thought there was a 'quiet reception' starting at 19.00 on the 3rd? Is that no longer the case? If so, then I'd guess about 80+ of us will be at the restaurant or bar!

And to clarify, the 4th is 11:30am-2:30pm only? I realize you guys need to get over for set-up for the FT Awards, but wasn't sure if CO Day continued w/o you.

Also, for those who are flying in to go on CO day, the later start time might mean some could arrive that morning vs having to come in the night before.

For those who are not staying at the Westin in SEA, how will their luggage get handled, or will it go to the Westin & they pick it up there to take to their hotel after the party? Or do they bring it w/ them on the bus?

Is there a start-time for the 31st event, and does it include food or should we eat before getting there?

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Oct 11, 2010 at 7:13 am
Old Oct 11, 2010, 8:03 am

A couple of suggestions...

Since we still need to find 30 more folk to sign up for this fabulous event, I'd recommend:

1) Putting the links from the WSJ & CNN videos in post #1:

http://online.wsj.com/video/flier-fa...9670D2885.html

http://edition.cnn.com/video/data/2.....bk.c.cnn.html

2) Given that the charter is now officially approved by DOT, consider issuing a press release on SMD2. You would get some additional coverage, plus if it hits the national outlets you'd probably get your last 30 signed up.

Anyway, just a thought or two.

Cheers.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 9:11 am

A quick question from me regarding arrival at PAE - I know the organisers are hoping to arrange for the checked baggage to be taken directly to the Westin, but what is the situation with our cabin handcarries (backpacks, handbags, laptop bags etc.) during the Boeing tour? Especially given that Boeing won't allow cameras or cellphones, I imagine many of us will be stashing these in our cabin bags - will there be a safe place to stash these during the tour from where we can collect them before leaving PAE for the Sheraton?
Old Oct 11, 2010, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Yes, we are working on a solution to safely store the hand luggage while you tour.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Just tried those links & they aren't working for me!
Old Oct 11, 2010, 10:37 am

That's weird. I copied them from Oliver's post (after searching through the thread for an hour) & I know when he posted them they were 'live'. I didn't watch them again before posting this morning because I'd already seen them. Let me check to see if I can find working ones.

Cheers.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 10:45 am

Ok, for some reason copying Oliver's links didn't work properly but when I click on his links in post #1192, this DOES take you to WSJ video:

http://online.wsj.com/video/flier-fa...9670D2885.html

And this does take you to the CNN video:

http://edition.cnn.com/video/data/2.....bk.c.cnn.html

Cheers.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
That's weird. I copied them from Oliver's post (after searching through the thread for an hour) & I know when he posted them they were 'live'. I didn't watch them again before posting this morning because I'd already seen them. Let me check to see if I can find working ones.

Cheers.
You copied the abbreviated versions with dots, rather than actual links.

edit - apparently fixes are quicker than my replies
Old Oct 11, 2010, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Noticed no details or even mention of the Wednesday evening reception is to be found on the events board of the MegaDo site. Will this event be added with a bit more detail? Are we being hosted, should we otherwise plan our own dinner or will there be snacks? I have a car rental for a day (pick up late Tuesday upon my arrival into IAH) and planned to return it mid-afternoon of the 3rd. But if it is recommended to do dinner on our own I'll keep it for a few hours longer to do a run with some others for an earlier dinner to the rib place, or somewhere else in the neighbourhood.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Shareholder
Noticed no details or even mention of the Wednesday evening reception is to be found on the events board of the MegaDo site. Will this event be added with a bit more detail?
There is no official event Wednesday night, November 3.

Xyzzy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.